Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Moonspeak Random Non-Japanese Asian RPG News Thread

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Blade & Sword, Diablo-ish thing originally released in 2002.

ss_d9d9586e614a887be53dd05259de84dcd18b0b70.600x338.jpg
ss_a8c0a8768eb242ecf2de5dc1aecbe9e453cdafa8.600x338.jpg

Modron

Arcane
Was this game called differently in german or was there another Asian-styled Diablo clone?
Chinese made and translated into english Prince of Qin and Seal of Evil have been talked about previously and they have a similar aesthetic. Then there was a western made one set in Japan named Throne of Darkness.

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
I look up news about this game occasionally:

CbIDqZv.png

Hardly anything ever gets out of weeaboo weibo tho. It’s the prequel to Tribulation of Heaven and Earth series.

It’s turn-based and Unity engine. I played the 2001 game for a bit which is supposedly the Chink Planetscape Tournament but couldn’t get past the rancid ATB combat and the main character being a lame twat.

But I liked Bing Li.

1q2y0FG.jpg

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
With Path of Wuxia Year 3 being out Heluo next plan is seemingly to add and polish content for year 3 and move to their next game.

As for their next game it seems it would be minor roguelike decbuilder ala Slay the Spire. They also mention that they are in R&D phase of their next big game, another Single Player Wuxia RPG but no screenshot or anything for now. It mentions that the game has some sort of management element so probably will still have the SLG aspect?

Source: https://www.facebook.com/heluogame/posts/3128513980750756

Roguelite games are pretty popular in China for some reason so I guess it's easy money. Asset etc is also pretty cheap (simple 2D sprites) so I guess it make sense to use whatever spare time they had on making the small game.

I certainly hope their next big game will be another excellent and fun turn based RPG. China devs are in this western devs condition 1 - 3 decade ago where action/action RPG started being popular and they make these shallow ass action RPGs just to have action RPG for its own sake (being modern). Hopefully Heluo is not going to the same pitfall. Sad that their next game will not be in vein of Ho To Lo Shu but I guess being almost bankrupt making it makes the company wary of big expensive ambitious game.

LabRat

Learned

CbIDqZv.png

Hardly anything ever gets out of weeaboo weibo tho. It’s the prequel to Tribulation of Heaven and Earth series.

It’s turn-based and Unity engine. I played the 2001 game for a bit which is supposedly the Chink Planetscape Tournament but couldn’t get past the rancid ATB combat and the main character being a lame twat.

But I liked Bing Li.

1q2y0FG.jpg

Bing Li's Theme

kyosuke

Educated
Patron

CbIDqZv.png

But I liked Bing Li.

1q2y0FG.jpg

I wish they'll do a port of the 1999 game to be more user friendly on modern OSes. One of the games that got me into playing Chinese RPGs. TB combat with charming 2D/2.5D animations. Could be my nostalgia goggles talking though.

Jinn

Arcane
Well, this was apparently fully released out of Early Access a few days ago. I've been keeping a loose eye on it for awhile, but haven't been watching it very closely mainly because I didn't expect it to get out of EA so quickly. I think it was about a year or so ago when a certain member was super hyped up about it, though I can't remember who it was. Shame on them for not keeping us well-informed!

Pretty cheap. Think I'll pick it up.

Jinn

Arcane
Surprisingly solid translation on Eagarlnia so far, for anyone who was wondering. Probably the best I've seen in a Chinese -> English game. Somewhat archaic old-timey - but very readable - dialogue that fits the setting well.

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
After 2 years a DLC was released for Wind Road where you play as the fat chef. It’s p. gud overall despite the first person view giving me motion sickness at times.

It adds some clarification to the opening part of the main game. I guess the upcoming gurl DLC will show what actually happens during that dream sequence part of the main story that didn’t make a lick of sense.

I still think this is the most promising wuxia game but who knows if the story will ever be finished.

7PHT4LC.png

zCf2lzb.png

mTEalrR.png

eiefITw.png

E1iEpCs.png

67tNsIz.png

KfexPRh.png

gdKTOIZ.png

3WwSLNt.png

gJDreK4.png

pkCBmFY.png

WIcauty.png

bN6OuLl.png

MmiEE6w.png

6IssIC0.png

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I think the following game is by some Heluo Studio devs that are no longer there. No English translation. Don't quote me on the studio speculation, though. On the other hand, it does seem to have very similar models to Ho Tu Lo Shu.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
This is kind of an oddball. Anime action RPG-ish set in post-apocalyptic world, featuring hack and slash action, Persona-ish time management, dating with anime girls. Made by Korean guy living in (probably) the US. I guess this fits in this subforum?

ss_25ed1094b66a4f884b02ec5654ff3988dec8a1a0.600x338.jpg
ss_8ff41ae7baa4929a731b728679cc003cee2db235.600x338.jpg

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Wuxia styled action game in Unreal 5. It's supposed to be open world. Doesn't say if it's single player or not. To Tencent haters, this is made by one of their studios. If someone told me that this was taken from Black Myth, I would believe them.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom