Official RPG Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Random thoughts on various new and old games (indie, classics, abandonware)

Discussion in 'General Gaming' started by Binky, May 11, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Binky Cipher

Binky
    Desperados: Wanted Dead or Alive (2001)

[​IMG]
    Cmdr. Mohr, The Wild Bunch (1969)

Lead a team of bounty hunters in pursuit of the villainous gang leader El Diablo.

My original plan was to replay Robin Hood: The Legend of Sherwood. I would steal the Coronation spoon, recruit the Merry Men, amass cash, knock everybody out with Little John, and run around with Friar Tuck's fat ass. Alas, I've been on a Western binge, so I went and replayed Desperados instead. Long story short, I've Wild Bunched my way through the game. Still fun, still has awfully pretty locations. It has a cast worthy of the United Nations: Asian girl, black dude, Latino gang leader, cranky mature gentleman, busty temptress, and Cooper (the strong, not-so-silent type). Since I was going the kill 'em all route I mostly just used Coopah and Sanchez. Coopah has that sweet knife to chuck around. Sanchez has rocks to knock out foes, can empty out buildings by throwing out evildoers, a shotgun that can blow away several dudes at once (including your guys if you're not careful), and can strut around with a goddamn gatling gun. Yessir. Cleared the entire cave entrance mission all by himself in a few minutes.

The mission where you play El Diablo's gang and the US cavalry against each other is a favorite of mine, don't remember if there was anything like it in the rest of the Commandos-type games. Should be more than one mission that forced you to go the non-lethal route, though. Then again, your opponents are mostly criminal scumbags, so it makes sense to blast them away. Whereas Robin Hood is forced to kill only a few dudes during that game, and could punch out and tie up the rest. The Merry Men approve.

OST
    Cutscenes

Caramba
    Show Spoiler

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Una bonita muchacha
    Show Spoiler

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    A magnificent weasel.

Gringos
    Show Spoiler

[​IMG]
    Sanchez going full General Mapache.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Two knockouts for the price of one rock.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

El Pollo Diablo
    Show Spoiler

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Das ist falsch!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Also, the bad guys being smitten by Kate's assets, getting close, and then punching her out never gets old. And they say romance is dead.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2021
    • Brofist Brofist x 5
    • nice nice x 2
    ^ Top  
  2. zool Cipher

zool
    Ah Desperados, one of the prettiest games ever made.

If memory serves right, there was one such mission in Shadow Tactics: Blade of the Shogun. And I think there was one in Desperados 3 too but now I'm having doubt.

True. Last time I replayed the game, I only allowed myself to use lethal means against bandits and the like. So, in addition to the Marshall hacienda, I also played missions such as Southern Comfort (where you recruit Sam), Hang'm High (where you rescue Doc from being hanged), High Stakes (where you recruit Kate in New Orleans), Escape from El Paso and The Walls of Fortezza (where you rescue Sanchez from his prison) non-lethal, since the enemies you face are either men from the sheriff/marshall or members of the US cavalry.

I remember the Walls of Fortezza being particularly hard this way and I almost gave up before finding the solution.

^ Top  
  3. AdolfSatan Magister

AdolfSatan
    Did you have to jump through many hoops to get Desperados running on a modern computer? I'm on win10 and it's laggy as fuck. I figure it must be something related to DirectX, since compatibility modes did nothing, but I hope I don't have to spend more time configuring shit than actually playing.

^ Top  
  4. zool Cipher

zool
    THQ Nordic released a patch in 2018 to make it work on modern OS. The patch only works for the GoG and Steam versions through, not on the old CD version.

I tried it on my GoG version and it did run flawlessly on Windows 10.

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/desperados-wanted-dead-or-alive-windows-10-crash-fixed

^ Top  
  5. Binky Cipher

Binky
    Daughter of Serpents (1992)

[​IMG]
    Who would want to ram a ship into this cute little fella?

In Alexandria in the 1920s an ancient cult seeks to bring back the Old Ones. The promise of Lovecraft goodness drew me to this game. Starts out great. You create your character, choose gender, age, nationality, etc. Pick one of six professions: traveler, Egyptologist, mystic, occultist, sleuth, and private eye. Each of these professions have four or five skills you can pick and increase. You can choose to be an Egyptologist who also dabbles in the occult, speaks Arabic, and has some knowledge of forensic pathology. I was practically salivating at this point. The actual effect in the game? Negligible. Some dialogue. "Why yes, I do know who Ramses II was." Occasionally, a skill was useful. The seal of Solomon allowed me to bark orders to a djinn and bypass one of the few puzzles in the game. There are three paths through the game, depending on which profession you pick: sleuth/PI, traveler/Egyptologist, occultist/mystic. Of these, the last is the most interesting one and the first the most boring. The two possible companions are a Greek woman or a British cop. It's very short. Even without Lovecraft the setting alone is great and it has some nonlinear gameplay in the beginning. Then it all fizzles out. What a waste. As short, easy, and almost without puzzles as the game is, I was surprised that you could actually die in it.

I also tried the 1995 remake named Scroll. It's even shorter, has voice acting, has some new scenes & is missing some of the ones from the 1992 version. Instead of creating your character you can only pick two already made ones: an Egyptologist or an occultist. Why this remake was a good idea I'll never know.

Welcome to Alexandria
    Show Spoiler

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Necromancy
    Show Spoiler

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Nyarlathotep cometh
    Show Spoiler

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Miss Egypt
    Show Spoiler

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Stargate Spirit door.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Curiosity killed the Arab.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    The Daughter of Serpents™ herself.
    [​IMG]

Guess Shadow of the Comet is still king of the Lovecraft games.
    [​IMG]
    Yes, that is so, fat man.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2021
    • Brofist Brofist x 8
    • Informative Informative x 3
    ^ Top  
  6. zool Cipher

zool
  7. Binky Cipher

Binky
    Got the original from Abandonia. Worked nicely on Dosbox. Zomb's Lair has both the remake and the original in one pack, made to run on a modern OS. It also has all sorts of cool and obscure stuff there, in case anyone's interested.

• Thanks! Thanks! x 1
    ^ Top  
  8. zool Cipher

zool
  9. Jigby Augur

Jigby
    The game runs at ~25fps (eh, can't remember the exact number) so it is laggy even in vanilla. If you're having more severe lags related to directdraw, you can always use some ddraw wrapper like https://github.com/elishacloud/dxwrapper/releases and copy ddraw.dll dxwrapper.dll and dxwrapper.ini to the folder with the executable and set d7tod9 to 1 in the ini file. Or alternatively, https://www.pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Desperados:_Wanted_Dead_or_Alive suggests using DgVoodoo2.

On top of it, there's the newer "HD remaster" which has mods that raise fps -> https://www.gamepressure.com/download.asp?ID=58387

Mind you, the game logic is tied to the fps, so you get smoother scrolling but everybody moves faster.

^ Top  
  10. Binky Cipher

Binky
    Sacrifice (2000)

[​IMG]

Five gods, voiced by Tim Curry, Tony Jay & friends, all with different spells and creatures. And then there's you, a newly arrived wizard in search of a patron. You can stick with one god and get their spells and beasties. Or you can mix and match and end up with a wide variety of spells and beasts. Hell, sometimes you can backstab a god and switch sides during the mission. It's not a hard game, but it is addictive. Only wanted to play a single campaign to refresh my memory. No dice, had to beat it with every god. The easiest campaign is if you stick with James. His beasts are tough, he's got nice spells (including a falling cow that obliterates any creature), and the Boulderdash just obliterates everything in large numbers.

Then there's magic. The belly dancing manahoars fill you with mana and eventually you can rain fire, summon tornados, volcanoes, heal with rainbows, channel lightning, summon death itself, and cause all sorts of damage. Prolly most fun is when you're attacked by two or three wizards at once, all with a large amount of beasts. And then you wreck them all and harvest the souls of the fallen. Aw yeah. Three of the gods domains are too dark for my taste. I prefer the bright Glebe and Empyrea.

Shame there wasn't a sequel or anything like it. I'd love to see their voice acting bill.

Flam, kenketsu, domine
    Show Spoiler

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Harvest time!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Vermithrax, barada, pejorative
    Show Spoiler

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Klatau, nikto, animus
    Show Spoiler

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Got milk?
    [​IMG]

Carpe, elorum, nathrak
    Show Spoiler

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Brofist x 3
    • Prestigious x 2
    • Salute x 2
    • Informative x 2
    • nice x 1
    ^ Top  
  11. asper Arcane

asper
    Project: Eternity
    High quality thread, great game selection!

You touched upon so many of my favorites and also showed some gems unknown to me, proving yet again that old games have so much more to offer....!

A thousand brofists to you good sir!

Last edited: Nov 27, 2021
    • Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  12. Binky Cipher

Binky
    Operation Stealth (1990)

I quite liked Future Wars by Delphine and this one had secret agents and the promise of gadgets to play with. A top notch stealth plane has been nabbed, so secret agent John Glames gets called to the CIA hq in Washington to recover it because the US prime minister is worried.

CIA hq in Washington... US prime minister...

Anyway. Pixel hunts abound and you can screw yourself many, many times. Forgot to give the bank teller your cash twice? You'll be stuck. Gave coins to the florist twice? You'll be stuck. And my personal favorite: forgot to pick up the tiny rubber band? You'll get killed at the very end of the game. Ohohoho, you bastards! This wouldn't be a problem if a lot of the game didn't consist of action minigames - including one segment where you must navigate dark rat-filled mazes four times. Gadgets were my favorite part of the game. Alas, you only get to use them a few times. They should have been the focus of the game instead of minigames. Was released as James Bond 007: The Stealth Affair in the US, but I don't think there's any difference between the two apart from the main character bellowing JAMES BOND instead of JOHN GLAMES all the time.

Glames. John Glames.
    Show Spoiler

[​IMG]
    Briefing gone wrong
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Shaken, not stirred
    Show Spoiler

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

No, Mr. Glames, I expect you to escape unharmed
    Show Spoiler

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The spy who gave me syphilis
    Show Spoiler

[​IMG]
    Naturally
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Kniark?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 4, 2021
    • Brofist Brofist x 3
    ^ Top  
  13. DwarvenFood Arcane Patron

DwarvenFood
    Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
    "The doctor is not in town."

^ Top  
  14. Jarpie Arcane Patron

Jarpie
    Codex 2012 MCA
    I remember getting pretty pissed off in the sewers with the rats when I played it in the 90s, and quit there, beside those labyrinths, I remember Operation Stealth being pretty fun point'n'click adventure game.

^ Top  
  15. Binky Cipher

Binky
    Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver (1999)

[​IMG]

Fight bloodsuckers with a soulsucker. Travel the realm of Nosgoth and dispatch vampires with Raziel on his quest to kill his brothers and destroy Kain. Vampires can be killed either by giving them a bath, setting them on fire, or impaling them. Impaling them by throwing a spike is the most satisfying option, in my humble opinion. Thankfully, vampire lairs are full things hazardous to vamps - from olympic-sized swimming pools, bonfires, campfires, torches, and braziers, to all sorts of spiky things. I mean, who doesn't have spike pits, pools of acid, landmines, and whatnot in his home? I know I do.

After Raziel kills an Abel, he gets a new ability like learning to climb or swim. Kinda like a baby learning to walk, speak, and not crap itself. Speaking of Raziel, I much preferred the vampires of Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain. Vorador was a cruel and decadent monster, and Kain was a sneering, sadistic prick. Whereas Raziel is whiny and self-righteous.

The spectral and material worlds are nice, but would be better if you could kick someone's ass first in the material one and then again in the spirit one. Missed opportunity. They really went overboard with the block puzzles, should be able to kill the last brother Turel as well, and the cliffhanger ending sucks. Then again, it keeps the fate, destiny, time travel, and coin-tossing horse crap of the sequels to a merciful minimum. Apart from making vampire kebabs, finding the glyphs is a fun part of the game - you have to explore all sorts of completely optional areas like the human citadel (humans with flamethrowers!) and Nupraptor's retreat. The glyphs themselves are kinda useless, since the vamps rarely attack you in groups.

Intro
    OST

Toasting marshmellows
    Show Spoiler

[​IMG]
    One of my favorite menu screens.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Vlad the Impaler
    Show Spoiler

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Souls taste like chicken
    Show Spoiler

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Turel MIA
    Show Spoiler

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Brofist Brofist x 3
    ^ Top  
  16. Ninjerk Arcane

Ninjerk
    early 3D is so ugly lmao

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • not sure if serious not sure if serious x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  17. Riskbreaker Arcane Patron

Riskbreaker
    TACTICAL BLOCK-PUSHING ACTION
    (Tho, with this handle, I'm the one to complain am I.)

Anyway, I do so love the feel of Soul Reaver's gameworld. The barrenness, the emptiness works and fits for once. Landscapes and ruinous architecture straight outta something like Arzach. None of the sequels come close there, they lost it.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  18. Hag Savant

Hag
    I remember this game being featured in the same guide magazine we'd bought for Rayman 2 and Tomb Raider 4. They were saying it was a blast, but by all accounts it seems it did not age so well. Thanks for the memories anyway.

^ Top  
  19. Binky Cipher

Binky
    Nightlong: Union City Conspiracy (1998)

A cyberpunk adventure made by Italians (huh?). Special thanks to Zool for the recommendation. As an favor to an old friend, PI Joshua Reeve, who reminds me of Bloodlines' Strauss, investigates a series of terrorist attacks on a corporation. But all is not as it seems and greed, experimental VR technology, corporate lack of ethics, betrayal, and manipulation are part of the show.

Visit metro underground, explore strange zoos/museums, electrocute children & zap robot dinosaurs, enter cyberspace and tour horror-medieval amusement parks and shoot werewolves, sneak into terrorist warehouses and electrocute guards, and break into high security prisons. Oh yeah… and use a dead rat on a roller skate to get very fine wine. I'm not kidding. There are some pixel hunts, but you can't die or get stuck, so it doesn't really matter.

Kinda weird. Reminded me more of Broken Sword than Blade Runner or Dreamweb, really.

Hello, neonate
    Show Spoiler

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    "I wanted orange. It gave me lemon-lime."
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Fun fact: you can take this poster with you.

Children should be fried, not heard
    Show Spoiler

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    You're all heart, pal.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Pop-a-Joshua
    Show Spoiler

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Gee, I wonder what you have to do to get past the secretary.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    "It's a Zergling, Lester. Smaller attack Zerg."
    [​IMG]
    Piranhas again?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Flintstones, meet the Flintstones.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

My vision is augmented
    Show Spoiler

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

After years of pixel hunts, you can put me in any house or apartment and I'll find all the hidey-holes.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2021
    • Brofist Brofist x 2
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    ^ Top  
  20. Ahnx Novice

Ahnx
    You've probably never played it in its full sound glory. Yes this is the same version for PC from 1989.

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  21. Binky Cipher

Binky
    Nice. Definitely haven't experienced that. Hell, the first time I played it was on the 386, pc speaker, black and white monitor.
    [​IMG]
    That run ended here.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Salute Salute x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
    ^ Top  
  22. Agesilaus Antiquity Studio Patron Developer

Agesilaus
    Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014
    I got a lot of fun out of Zeliard, it was like a version of Kadash that I could play at home on my PC.

:thumbsup:

^ Top  
  23. Binky Cipher

Binky
    Sid Meier's Covert Action (1990)

[​IMG]

Operation Stealth jogged my memory of this game. Scumbags from the Corsican Union, the Colombian Cartel, the Mafia, etc. plot to steal, kill, destroy and otherwise sow chaos. Secret agent Remington to the rescue! Place wiretaps, decode messages, tail suspects, sneak and spy, kill flunkies, and arrest suspects. There are four minigames, but I quickly found out that the only one which really matters is the break-in. The other three can be safely ignored. The difficulty goes from "I, Diego Delarosa, mastermind of this operation, shall tell you everything on the phone." to scrambling for clues. Computers are the MVP of the spy game - once you enter the password, you can find info on people, hideouts, etc. Probably the only way to find the mastermind on higher difficulties in the same mission. You check the names you find elsewhere on the computer. If it's a red herring, it simply says not involved. Or you can find your guy and his location. And then you can break into his hideout and nab him. This is easier said than done, however, as the guards become numerous and ridiculously dangerous on higher difficulties. They open the door and chuck a grenade into the room before entering. They'll also riddle you with bullets before you can blink. The only way I could beat them is by setting booby traps with grenades. Double agents are a cool thing in the game. If you arrest a suspect, the rest might go into hiding. But if you manage to find compromising info on them, you can strongarm them into becoming a double agent - the plot continues, the agent feeds you info, you get the opportunity to nab all the suspects, prevent the crime, recover any cash and/or data, and arrest the mastermind. Time is of the essence. Each and every action takes time, waste too much of it and the nefarious plan could succeed and/or the scumbags could go into hiding and escape justice.

Arrested about seven masterminds before I got bored. To beat the game you gotta arrest all 26 of them.

I spy with my little eye
    Show Spoiler

[​IMG]
    Uh-oh.
    [​IMG]
    Gotcha, twerp!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

For my eyes only
    Show Spoiler

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Death Squads' office. Open 9-17. Closed on holidays. No loitering or littering.
    [​IMG]
    Bingo. Gonna visit you real soon.
    [​IMG]

The clock is always ticking
    Show Spoiler

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

From Tehran with bombs
    Show Spoiler

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Sweet success.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Ignoble failure.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2022
    • Prestigious Prestigious x 3
    • Brofist Brofist x 2
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    ^ Top  
  24. iqzulk Augur

iqzulk
    Nevermind.

Point of KSF / Killzone Shadow Fall.

1) Planet was habitable.

2) Echo returned in the framework of the system - last mission is no contractorship.

3) Having no relation to actual Donbass conflict - see aircrash-toy photo - KSF heavily reminisces with its media imprint, that is predatory journalism. KSF narratively is stitching newspapership on modern conflicts together requiring finding every each media file putting together the web of delusion.

4) Sun melts through the windows yet does not melt the protagonist floating away from the ship, occupying majority of the screen, that is self-contradiction on the web-of-delusion level of abstract meaning journalism is simply sect exploiting others with verbiage.

5) Such journalism is no war correspondentship the latter being indiscernible in the press. War correspondentship is a guild doing no favors for trinkets, it requires indirect but stern affiliation for thereafter.

6) Being unaffiliated war narrative KSF does NOT have the tools to get to the answer of what the protagonist did much wrong.

7) Protagonist was seemingly survivable, got to survival point with partner and died. Whatever the fuck went wrong, KSF does not provide tools to analyze the possible mistake in the topsy-turvy world depicted with KSF.

8) In journalist world people do simply die.

9) Following this thread of thought through newspaper immersion leads to conclusion follower oneself might simply die. That is unbenefitial.

10) The game depicts no journalist being projection beyond the comprehension of half-wit.

11) All those people are simply impenetrable the method journodocumentalism being inherently flawed at their depiction photorealism or not.

Non-P.S.: Interactive long story building on Konung part 1.

12) This closes KSF

Last edited: Jan 11, 2022
    ^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.