Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[rant] DLCs, the new (lame) way.

ChristofferC

Magister
The future of gaming:
- Intrusive home calling DRM that will only let you play your game on one single device. If that device breaks or you want to play on another device you have to buy the game again.
- Must be connected to the Internet to play.
- Savegames are stored online.
- Oobviously no resale possible.
- Montly cost for online play.
- DLC that should have been included in the original game.
- A game mode where the game practically plays itself so everybody can feel pro.
- Lots of achievements everywhere for everything so you can feel like you are doing something of value.
- No game over. You respawn a few feet back or something like that.
- 5 hours of gameplay.
- The only way to get user created content is to buy it through the distributors online store so that the distributor can steal some of the money. Will also probably mean no more nude mods. :(
- A time bomb that makes the game unplayable after X amount of time so you must buy the next game. At least the servers for online play will be taken down after a while. (user hosted servers? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH no)

Oh wait, all of this is already here except for the user mod store but that's coming. :(

Phelot

Arcane
ChristofferC said:
That felt good. I needed a little rant. :D

Therapeutic, ain't it?

The private server is a major blow. Say good bye to any multiplayer with mods.

Serious_Business

Best Poster on the Codex
Are you saying you guys are agaisnt profit and progress? It sure sounds like you are. As a winner in life I can only approve of DLCs, because it means more money out the unwashed masses and thus I get... yeah... money... to do stuff... I'm so successful omg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom