Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Rate Wizardry 8

Naked_Lunch

Erudite
Wizardry 8 is ten times better than Wizardry 7.

sucks

Combat was fucking boring, lasted forever, and occurred way too frequently.

Oh, and the ENTIRE GAME WORLD scaled to your level. So you could never 'level out' of difficult segments. Fuck, you could grind away at crabs outside the starting temple, and the game would keep throwing bigger, higher-level crabs at you. It was fucking ridiculous.

Pr()ZaC

Scholar
Why? Good GMs in PnP games scale the enemy level depending on your level.

Second Chance

Liturgist
Naked_Lunch said:

Do you actually have any reason for saying that or you just felt like you had to say something? :lol:

Actually I can't compare them. I didn't have enough time playing them (specially Wiz8) to be able to compare. But Wiz8 was totally based on Wiz7 on terms of storyline, characters, classes, phased combat, etcetc.

bryce777

Erudite
Second Chance said:
Naked_Lunch said:

Do you actually have any reason for saying that or you just felt like you had to say something? :lol:

Actually I can't compare them. I didn't have enough time playing them (specially Wiz8) to be able to compare. But Wiz8 was totally based on Wiz7 on terms of storyline, characters, classes, phased combat, etcetc.

Actually, wiz8 has much different combat. It is better in some ways, but can make things frustrating especially when the game breaks up your party by stealing away npcs at various points.

TheGreatGodPan

Arbiter
Barbader said:
To me is the best cRPG ever made and the last TRUE first personS cRPG since its release
Haven't been all that many first-person games since that claim to be RPGs at all. Let's see there Morrowind, Bloodlines and...I don't think Invisible War even pretended to be one.

Shagnak

Shagadelic
I think he meant first personS (i.e.spot the big 'S' in his post)
As in, it is first-person but party-based. I can't think of many at all since Wiz 8.
There is that Devil's Whiskey I suppose...

A lot of people don't like that "blob-with-arms-and-legs" perspective; but I could stand some more.

Barbader

Novice
yep, first person party based..., but otherwise Morrowind and Bloodlines as examples don´t be valid, are in real time...a true(=GREAT) Crpg for me is turn-based(looking all games that i´ve played) like pen-and paper rpgs...

Second Chance

Liturgist
Naked_Lunch said:
Second Chance said:
Naked_Lunch said:

Do you actually have any reason for saying that or you just felt like you had to say something? :lol:.
I said it because it was the goddamn truth!

Proof! Facts! Let's have them!

Maybe I'll let you get away with seven or eight times. hell, maybe even nine. but ten times better? No way. :lol:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom