Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Decline Ratings need to be sorted by number of selections

mastroego

Arcane
This is all wrong.
If a post gets more WTF am I reading ratings than any other rating, the WTF am I reading icon needs to be placed first.
New readers will then grasp at a glance that said post is probably going to induce a WTF am I reading feeling.

Why is nu-Codex doing this wrong?

Twiglard

Poland Stronk
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
Why is nu-Codex doing this wrong?
It's the ratings addon that breaks XF2 functionality. The checkbox to sort them is there, but doesn't do anything. Someone will have to fix the addon whistles.

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
sorting will be better per user actually. If I give 5 various ratings, they should be moved to the top.
Basing your rating on other users sounds weak. You probably also rate pst high because others do

mastroego

Arcane
look you're reading too much into this
If a post is genuinely funny most people will just react with the laughing button
If that happens said button must be placed first

It's a simple concept and it works
This needs fixing

Twiglard

Poland Stronk
Patron
Staff Member
Seems like currently ratings are sorted first by category, and then by rating count within that category. Taluntain, could there be any admin panel settings specific to rating categories that could affect sorting?

Lady Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
Vatnik
Strap Yourselves In
Alternatively, just remove categories for now - they don't make any sense anyway and have no use really.

Taluntain

Most Frabjous
Staff Member
Seems like currently ratings are sorted first by category, and then by rating count within that category. Taluntain, could there be any admin panel settings specific to rating categories that could affect sorting?
If there is, I can't see it. The only thing I can see is under List reactions "Sort reactions from highest to lowest, rather than by display order." is enabled. I turned it off now, is that any better?

Twiglard

Poland Stronk
Patron
Staff Member
If there is, I can't see it. The only thing I can see is under List reactions "Sort reactions from highest to lowest, rather than by display order." is enabled. I turned it off now, is that any better?
Looks like I have to edit the code that generates the ratings bar. Particularly, the 'svRatings' addon might be the one doing it. Any way I could edit it in realtime and observe the results?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom