Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Reading through people's D&D Campaigns

PapaPetro

I came across a treasure trove of a groups old Planescape campaign (maps, notes, chat logs, etc.) and just fell into their game.
https://mysidia.org/Planescape/OldDM/?C=M;O=A

/Logs/Session 050ac
EdsLOVB.png

/CityCourt.png
FyuoK9V.png

/PlanescapeNotes.txt
4OdZi6a.png

Z6VkwUD.png

Outside say Critical Roll, any other campaign materials out there as meticulously catalogued?
Something liminal about simulating other players/DMs' experiences.

PapaPetro

Any genuinely good campaign is entertaining and read worthy.
CR is scripted, change my mind.
I'll cut you straight Saint, I never read or watched Critical Roll. I just know about it through osmosis.
Though I wouldn't be surprised if it were scripted, they are actor.

Lucumo

Educated
Japanese used to sell that kinda stuff commercially like 30-40 years ago. Never read any of it, so no clue.

1f6epo.jpg

25kemx.jpg

PapaPetro

Japanese used to sell that kinda stuff commercially like 30-40 years ago. Never read any of it, so no clue.

1f6epo.jpg

25kemx.jpg
That's awesome, didn't know that existed!
I love this type of second-hand narrative style of overviewing an adventure/campaign story peppered with stats, rolls and dialogue snippets.
Don't know what you'd call it though.

saint amchad

Novice

1f6epo.jpg

25kemx.jpg
This is brilliant. This could be reproduced a lot easier nowadays digitally with recorded sessions. If there was some kind of app that did record keeping and could add notes and big/funny events in the campaign.

Stella Brando

Arcane

PapaPetro

WTF, D&D? used to do comedic reviews of RPG books and play-throughs of adventures. They eventually did a huge multi-part Call of Cthulhu 1990's adventure with Kurt Cobain, Easy-E and a girl from TLC ("don't go chasing waterfalls...") as characters.

They started here...

https://www.somethingawful.com/dungeons-and-dragons/2009/

...but eventually moved to this website.

http://www.thebadguyswin.com/
I think I remember those, where they would go through old books and do back and forth commentary on the pages. When did they stop doing that on Something Awful? I would check em out from time to time; I liked when they'd do the ones on the weird looking monster manual art and the super sexed up deities.

Stella Brando

Arcane
Yeah, that's it, it's a real blast from the blast. 10 years is a long time on the internet. It seems they stopped posting on SA in 2014. They didn't give any indication (that I saw) that they were going to stop or move to a new location, and I thought the project had simply been abandoned until I found the second website.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom