Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Ready Or Not - edgy tactical SWAT FPS with school shooting level

Latelistener

Arcane
https://voidinteractive.net

Ready or Not is a tactical first person shooter which places you in the boots of an elite SWAT team, tasked with defusing hostile situations in intense, claustrophobic environments.

It’s set in a nondescript modern America, where an income disparity between the classes have become unsustainable and the country has been plunged into havoc. Bring order to chaos with up to 8 players in cooperative play, battle enemy squads in a close player-vs-player environment, or command AI in a striking single-player mode.

Ready Or Not has been in development since June 2016, and includes an array of unique features. Today, we’re going to run through some of the already included features we’re most excited about.

Current features include:

Incremental lean system
Our most prominent feature involves the players ability to maneuver around obstacles, opening up infinite possibilities regarding tactical positions. Players can duck under low cover to avoid oncoming fire, or peak above high cover in order to spot and return fire upon the enemy. The assigned keys can be tapped in any order to “peek”. On top of this, we have also included a classic quick-lean system seen in many shooters.

Incremental Door control system
This gameplay feature allows for doors of multiple types such as sliding, swinging, and revolving doors, to be manipulated by the mouse wheel at any time. Provided the door is unlocked, players can interact and incrementally move them.

Modular speed control
Our final mouse-wheel-based feature involves the control of the player’s speed by scrolling up or down. This allows for precise movement in a close-quarters environment, which may mean the difference between life and death in a hostile situation. This, of course, can be re-bound to suit our users needs.

Simulated and detailed third person inventory
In a real life situation, each item has its place in a loadout. We wanted to ensure this level of replication, so we included detailed animations and systems which show your teammates exactly what you’re doing. Magazines, grenades, and items are retrieved and returned to their specific pouches, with the pouch flaps opening and closing in synchronicity with the players reload or draw, respectively.

Convex collision armour, allowing for precise protection
Armour collision in Ready or Not is calculated based on the mesh coverage on the player, allowing for accurate levels of realistic ballistic protection.

Projectile dynamics, bullets penetrate, ricochet, and deteriorate
Rounds have realistic range, drag, and tumble velocity. Calibers and ammunition types affect how far and how well a projectiles penetrate and exit. All rounds have the ability to ricochet based on surface materials and angle of impact, and deflection has recently been included as a feature. Less-than-lethal rounds will be unlikely to penetrate, but can sometimes still kill depending on proximity and impact area.

Responsive damage system and effects
If a player is shot in the legs, movement is slowed down based on the level of damage. Arm damage will decrease accuracy and increase draw times. Head damage, provided it is survived, can intermittently “haze” the players vision. This is all shown via a passive (read: hidden unless needed) indicator at the bottom of the screen.

Visceral gore
Deaths need to be impactful to the end user and we’re committed to providing an experience like no other. If characters in the game are hit, parallax bullet holes spawn on flesh, and blood will then seep out into surrounding fabrics. A gory bullet hole also becomes an emitter, as individuals who knock their wounds onto objects create a small splatter, based on bone velocity. In the future, we plan to implement an entire bodily destruction system.

Highly detailed weapons, characters and environments
As seen in our gallery and teaser, Ready or Not’s assets aren’t camera-shy. A realistic and high-detail representation of all assets is necessary in immersing the player in our world. Weapon edges are smooth and seamless, environmental detail is minute.

Massive selection of items
As of pre-alpha, we currently have over 30+ items in total, with plans to greatly expand this selection monthly. Concerns may arise over balance issues, but each item will have its place and value considered in order to avoid having duplicate functioning (but visually different) gear. These items include weapons, devices, grenades, and deployable items (read: items that can be selected in our planning phase)

Fully supported competitive servers based on Amazon Gamelift API
Ready or Not features a fully competitive set of gamemodes to test your mettle against other squads in PvP. However, players can still host listen servers and play with custom game rules.

Plans to support squad competitive play
Create a squad with up to ten friends for PvP and Coop. Work as small groups to reap squad rewards, and compete in yearly leader-board competitions to earn unique skins. A passive pointscore system allows players to work together to level and earn more squad points, opening up options in a mission’s planning phase.

Tactical Analysis
All missions begin with a tactical analysis and planning phase, currently allowing teams to shut off power grids, blockade entrances, create or choose new entry points, and spawn unique devices including ballistic shields, heavy rams, and telescopic ladders.

Last edited by a moderator:

Durandal

Arcane
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Everything from the description sounds on point. What remains on the path to incline is whether the gameplay holds up to the description and if the developers have the balls to not shy away from the potential situations police officers have to face.

Carrion

Arcane
Patron
The trailer is a bit too stylized for my liking, but I really like the description. Too bad that the CQC tactical shooter genre is so crowded nowadays, as SWAT 4 was released just twelve years ago.

Hopefully they'll put some real effort into singleplayer, because that's the only thing I'm interested in.

taxalot

I'm a spicy fellow.
Patron
Codex 2013 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
It’s set in a nondescript modern America, where an income disparity between the classes have become unsustainable and the country has been plunged into havoc.

When I was playing RPGs and still living at my parents, my mom used to ask me why I wasn't going outside and walking inside a real forest. I think I'm starting to finally relate to what she meant.

Outlander

Custom Tags Are For Fags.
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
EuYbowd.gif

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
Ready Or Not is alive and well. We’ve been very busy here at VOID Interactive, and plans haven’t changed. In fact, they’ve been expanded upon. Now let’s get to the good stuff. As is standard with all of our posts, the scenes are in-game and real-time, using the assets you’ll be playing with when the game is released (By the way, all of the watermarked “Ready or Not” images are 4K. You should be able to download them straight off the page).

http://voidinteractive.net/ready-not-devblog-03/

RON_Gas_Promo_4K_MudasirHeadsplosion.png

BOOM HEADSHOT!
:yeah:

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
The creator of SWAT: Elite Force has been working for Void Interactive for a few months now. I cannot wait for this game to come out.

Strap Yourselves In Codex+ Now Streaming!
Any news? Currently replaying the holy trinity of tactical shooters (Raven Shield, Ghost Recon 1 and SWAT4) but something new would be nice.

I thought we were supposed to have a beta by now?

Latelistener

Arcane
Haven't heard anything. The last update on their site was in March, about the same time they posted those videos above.

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
Any news? Currently replaying the holy trinity of tactical shooters (Raven Shield, Ghost Recon 1 and SWAT4) but something new would be nice.

I thought we were supposed to have a beta by now?
Nope. It's largely been radio silence, the devs do communicate with people on reddit.com/r/readyornotgame though.
No idea where you heard that there was supposed to be a beta from.

deuxhero

Arcane
TalesfromtheCrypt

Where do you think the round in the chamber goes when you remove the magazine? It stays there and remains there (+1 capacity) when a full magazine is inserted.

(Open bolt firearms don't have the round in the chamber. Only early/cheap SMGs, plus some oddballs from South Africa, are open bolt however. It's relevant to remember for WW2 games as the Sten, M3, MP40 and Thompson are all such, but otherwise it's not standard)

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom