Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Ready Or Not - edgy tactical SWAT FPS with school shooting level

GrainWetski

Arcane
Are these guys too 1337 and "operator" for you? It's a SWAT game, not about some beat cops. The only one out of place is the guy with the shotgun and gasmask because he has no helmet.

l86RYdT.jpg

PPtHhwf.jpg

bAqcZLz.jpg
5HjMmxQ.jpg
iY70iAh.jpg

Even the nekkers have some toys
PkfuyVo.jpg

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
I was mostly thinking of the guy with the shotgun. There's too much shit attached to the gun. Overstylized, I like my things cleaner.
SWAT 3 and 4 was about regular police SWAT units (mostly) busting criminals, I don't want this game to get too counter terrory or Rainbow Six esque.

JBro

Arbiter
I hope it's not too story focused. SWAT 4 missions were mostly disconnected from each other.

Avonaeon

Arcane
Developer
A lot has changed with regards to weapons and gear since the mid-2000's; everything is becoming more modular. I'd actually expect a shitload of attachments, like RMR's for handguns, handstops, rail systems, etc.

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
Well, that all depends on what type of team the missions will see you play as. If it's something like FBI HRT or a more elite unit of the sort then you can sure expect top of the line AR variants, such as H&K 416s and such with all kinds of laser sights, Aimpoints, EOtechs, drones and foregrips, but if it's regular SWAT like you were in SWAT 4 then you are mostly going to get your hands on military surplus M16s, M4s, MP5s, UMPs and the like without much other than a regular optic if you're lucky and it has a rail mount that accepts one. I'm curious how they intend to make that work, actually. There's obviously various types of units in the game, but who do you play as from mission to mission and how are they connected to the story?

Space Nugget

SWAT 4 came out in 2005. Raven Shield, in 2003. For me, it's a "beggars can't be choosers" situation. As long as the gameplay is mechanically sound, fuck these inaccuracies and slips/mistakes made by the devs IMHO.

It's been way too long. :negative:

Last edited by a moderator:
Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
Federal Minimum buckshot on the table? Federal Premium is an actual ammunition company in America. That's somewhat danger close to licensing issues, honestly.

JBro

Arbiter
I hate being teased. I hope there's something playable when the trailer and preorders drop.

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
I always found the pepper gun the most ridiculous one in Swat 4. I hope that less lethal will be the ultra-hardcore difficulty, instead of just disabling the enemy even more effectively than a lethal rifle could unless they were wearing gas masks, in which case you would just swap over to beanbags.

Space Nugget

I always found the pepper gun the most ridiculous one in Swat 4. I hope that less lethal will be the ultra-hardcore difficulty, instead of just disabling the enemy even more effectively than a lethal rifle could unless they were wearing gas masks, in which case you would just swap over to beanbags.
Hear, hear. +M

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom