Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

A windy story game

Otay

Bramble Gate Studios Original
Developer
upload_2020-7-26_18-31-11.png
unknown.png
unknown.png
unknown.png
unknown.png

Otay

Developer
Love this one:

Is this what happens to the bear, though? :(
If so, can there also be an alternative version where the bear wears the fat buddha or sits on his body?
Not sure if I'm recalling my own lore properly or not (its a little fuzzy) but the "Dreadskold mage" wears the hide of a "Dreadskold" not a bear (it's got tusks & horns)

And whether or not the Buddha wears a bear costume is between Buddha and the bear

Otay

Developer
I'd been in and out of treatment for anxiety disorder for 5-6 months last year, and I'm now starting to feel well acclimated in life. I'm still working on the old passion project Realm of the Tempest, a new update came out today and all the codes been made public on Github along with the original art asset files for aspiring devs to learn/modify, and contribute freely. So I'm starting to recruit, the Bramble Gate Studios teams officially recruiting!!

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Hey, man, I was thinking about the game the other day. No bullshit. I was hoping that everything was okay. While I am no longer downloading newer versions of the game, it is not because of disintrest. I'm holding out for a full release. I'm glad that you seem to be in a less shitty situation, too. Godspeed, bro!

Otay

Developer
Thanks Abu Antar!

Spread the word about the recruitment opportunity, especially to anyone interested in this type of passion project.

Otay

Developer
I've fixed some bugs!

I'll be uploading a new build shortly. Having fun pushing commits to github. Thinking about what the Bramble Gate team might look like one day.

Any aspiring artists, musicians, or programmers reading this?

AdolfSatan

Arcane
Glad to hear you're doing better, any other modifications on the newer demo beside bugfixes?

Feel free to hmu if you need someone to contribute with either music or audio.

Otay

Developer
Glad to hear you're doing better, any other modifications on the newer demo beside bugfixes?

Feel free to hmu if you need someone to contribute with either music or audio.
I'd absolutely be interested in audio contributions!! The latest release has a bunch of new content I'd rushed in before being hauled into treatment. Lots of new monster designs and some new NPC portraits filled in. The kingdom of Etzland has pushed out to the outskirts with new mob populations, and Haxlyn's pushing out to outskirts and backlands too.

I'm primarily focused on organizing assets to upload to github for collaboration efforts, then I'll look into throwing down lots of new content!!

Otay

Developer
I'm desperate for some GGGGGGGGamers. (Voice of inner child spamming the G key)

I'd love to go to a convention one day or something...

AdolfSatan

Arcane
If you pray you reduce enemy frequency but those that spawn are stronger. It does get harder as you progress tho, I believe the beginning is deliberately easy as to let you get acquainted with the systems.

You can also sing to make elites spawn more often (and stack it with praying).

Otay

Developer
Just played the demo. I really like the combat system!
Really? Sweet!!

Version 1.5.0e ?
Any feedback ?
I wish the encounter rate was turned down and the encounters more challenging. The only encounters that were challenging were with enemies that were 3 or 4 level above me.
I'd 2nd AdolfSatan's advice on this point, well put.

Also I'm thinking of adding a few features.
1) If you're well over the enemy level range, spawn frequency cuts in half
2) If one of your party members carries prayer beads, spawn frequency cuts in half
3) Possibly considering implementing [Casual][Expert] mode, where casual cuts frequency in half but also has much less loot luck in comparison to Expert

Also,
4) Tour mode is planned as a feature where no encounters spawn, to allow the player to just explore the worlds

Otay

Developer
upload_2021-1-16_13-5-48.png
upload_2021-1-16_13-6-3.png
upload_2021-1-16_13-6-16.png
upload_2021-1-16_13-6-29.png
upload_2021-1-16_13-6-40.png

In the vastness of the multidimensional universe I'm really hoping these look cool on your computers as well

Otay

Developer
Does any rpgcodex folks know any indie streamers or promoters? I'd really love to reach out to some promoters about this project.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom