Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

A windy story game

AdolfSatan

Arcane
As for promoters, you could create some sort of presentation card and a video and submit it here, there have been several indie games in development posted on the front page.

Otay

Bramble Gate Studios Original
Developer
As for promoters, you could create some sort of presentation card and a video and submit it here, there have been several indie games in development posted on the front page.
Once I've got a mic I'll absolutely give this a shot.

Otay

Developer
New version!
Just released a new build, 1.5.1f is out now at https://otay.itch.io/realm-of-the-tempest

New features include game mode (casual, hardcore, tour)
- Hardcore: Deaths are permanent, extra loot luck
- Tour: no enemies, just explore

New profile page added for viewing speedrun times and various gameplay stats

New guide page added with some helpful new player info

Enjoy!!

EsR_d5PWMAI6Sst
EsJgOEYXMAAie6g
EsMbUnbXAAEGdQi
EsIfcF1XMAIy7MU

EsXyEtWXIAEhj5F

EsXxwMbWMAAXDT4

EsWTnYsW8AAQ9xP

EsYFO0wWMAE3Jmf

EsWVVFrXcBMRPzk

Otay

Developer
Homeless now and sad about Realm of the Tempest's death.

Please adopt this project. Everything's open source.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
I downloaded it immediately (last patch). I had to dl to icloud (via phone) then transfer to phone then use iMAZING to transfer to my computer. It worked well.
FXOR6xA.jpg

I got it to pop up but was like "controller???" Found one and maneuvered the menus. I should read the instructions. Made a titan called Dude.

Man, the turning is fast; maybe too fast. I think you can make a 3-man party? I'll reread.

Relaxing music.
I thought it was a fps at first.
Some neat stuff considering i just jumped in blind.

I am surprised I could dl it. Over 1 gig to my phone.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
Is there a reason when i hit map that i don't see my location? I'm confused as I have no idea where i am on the map.

I'll reread the help menus in-game as I'm lost to what the plot is.

Otay

Developer
Homeless now and sad about Realm of the Tempest's death.

Please adopt this project. Everything's open source.
Fucking hell, man!? What happened?

I'm now back from a visit to the psych ward. Made contact with a case manager. I'm not without shelter, there's a group home here, but this project's unmanageable from the circumstances I'm currently in.

Is there a reason when i hit map that i don't see my location? I'm confused as I have no idea where i am on the map.

I'll reread the help menus in-game as I'm lost to what the plot is.

World map markers and implementing the main narrative arc were some of the upcoming features to develop.

Currently, speedrunning bosses would be the main appeal.

Otay

Developer
I'd like to one day dedicate the primary narrative arc to Christ, and turn this project into a means to improve my relationship with God. Until then I'll be meditating, praying, practicing gratitude for any unfortunate circumstances I'm faced with, learning to enjoy living, pan handling, and socializing with the people who share my faith.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
I keep getting my ass handed to me. Pity no world map markers. That'd br pretty awesome help.

Otay

Developer
I keep getting my ass handed to me. Pity no world map markers. That'd br pretty awesome help.

Here's a guide
- Pick Wizard
- Use Starbolt (damage increases with each use)
- Level 2:
--- Stats: 10 Vitality for survivability
--- Skill points: Armor and Health glyphs for survivability

As soon as possible, use 5 gems to remove your Mana Glyph skill point (Utilities menu)
Reinvest in Mana Regeneration glyph.

- Level 3:
--- Stats: 5 Courage, 5 Focus for speed and morale
--- Skill points: Accuracy and Armor glyphs
- Level 4:
--- Stats: 10 Vitality
--- Skill points: Starbolt and Plasma shield (Set plasma shield to secondary)

As soon as possible, use 5 gems to remove your Stardust skill point (Utilities menu)
Reinvest in Mana Regeneration glyph.

- Level 5 & 6:
--- Aim for 18 Strength, 18 Focus. Visit Salus for stat blessings.
--- Skill point in Health Rejuvination (Mastery Tab)
--- Skill points in Health and Armor for survivability

- Etzland Citadel Hero Rescue Mission
--- Pick Valkyrie
--- Stats: Invest all 40 in Health
--- Skill points: Add 3 to Health glyphs, 3 to Armor glyphs, 2 to Electric Sigil (Wizard gains elemental damage boost every time Valkyrie defends)

Strictly use defend with Valkyrie.

As soon as possible, use 5 gems to remove Valkyrie's Mana Glyph skill point (Utilities menu)
Reinvest in Vermeil Stitching (Heal on defend skill.)

- Valkyrie level 6:
--- Stats: Invest all 10 in Health
--- Skill points: 1 in Speed glyph, 1 in Vermeil Stitching.

Visit Alchemist minigame. Recommended enchantments are HP Regen, MP Regen, Glyph skills+, Armor, All Stats boost

Visit shrines: Donate items for stat boosts

3rd Hero: Titan with Fusion, or Goliath with some team buffing Tank build.

In general:
- Stat priorities: Survivability, Speed interval (4 - 5 seconds), Spiritual Burden threshold (<40%), Damage from strength if using physical skills
- Glyph priorities: Health, Armor, Accuracy, Mana regeneration
- Skill priorities: Main damage skill, active buff skill, passive buff skills
- Team Heroes #2-3: Support skills for survivability and damage boosts

Otay

Developer
Planning out crowd funding right now. Hotel lobby computer has been helpful.

Been emotionally devastated, totally exhausted.

AdolfSatan

Arcane
Don't wanna put you down, but successful crowdfunding implies a lot of work, time, and likely monetary investment as well. As much as I love to see progress in RotT, perhaps it'd be better if you put the main bulk of your energies in stabilizing your life so that you can come back with a firmer footing.

Otay

Developer

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Uhm... from the KS
I'd like to be able to afford rent (and convince family to help cosign.)
This sounds like you're trying to pull in your family to help fulfill your dream.
DO. NOT. DO. THAT.

In the end, game development - or rather living from it - is and will remain a dream to most people (even WITH a successful KS it tends to be a one-shot thing).
As such, you should never, ever, invest something you couldn't afford to lose into it. Because the chances are very high that you WILL lose it.
I don't know your family, but generally I'd count family among "something you don't want to lose".

In general, I think the KS page is all over the place.
It goes from game design concepts to you living in a garage, to child education, to sad shit that happened to you (sorry, btw, sounds awful!), to faith and back to design concepts.
Honestly, half of that campaign reads more like a gofundme than a KS campaign.
Maybe a gofundme is really what you need, but if you want to go the KS road, make it about the product, not at all about you (beyond things that are supposed to show that you have the skills, but even that is superfluous, demo and good gifs/videos are best).

The goal is low, but even that might be a danger to the campaign.
Everyone knows that amount of money is not enough to develop a game with, or feed even a single dev for a longer time. As such, the amount will seem shady to many, no matter how well you explain it (most will never read the explanation as they'll tune out after seeing the goal).

My advice would be similar to the previous.
You seem to have coding skills - great, those are worth a lot of money. You could do what I'm doing, work part-time as freelance or employee, put aside what you can until the pile is big enough to allow you autonomy for a year or two focusing on the project. And, of course, spend that other part of your time on the project.

You could also try to work full-time PLUS work on the project, but I wouldn't recommend, that's basically asking for a burnout and other health issues.

Last edited:

Jinn

Arcane
Fucking hell...

Ok, just checked his twitter and it looks like he's okay.

Otay, please find a place to get help if you can. Don't rely on this kickstarter being the only thing to pull you out of your situation. I know you're going through the shit right now, but there has to be some other options for you.

AdolfSatan

Arcane
It's pretty much a textbook case for BPD, first the manic episode, then the crash into desperate depression after a failure.
It's great that you have a passion where you can draw the strength to push forward from, but you need to focus in getting better, the project can wait. I know all is bleak and pointless when you're depressed, and it may seem like there's no end in sight to your suffering, but you'll get better if you can reach out for (professional) help. One step at a time is enough, don't allow yourself to get overwhelmed by life.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom