Official RPG Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Realm of the Tempest - 2021 Wrap up

Discussion in 'Codex Workshop' started by Otay, Nov 8, 2018.

1. KeighnMcDeath RPG Codex Boomer

KeighnMcDeath
    Now they're impossible to follow because they were deleted. Based on the other thread it us sad news. I hope someone has the latest copy to share whatever version it was 1.8 or something. I got pretty distracted with emulation so if I did dl it is probably deep on hard drive but a nagging feeling tells me i missed the last update.

I still enjoy what I played because it was different and ran well enough considering i barely got anywhere.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  2. zwanzig_zwoelf Graverobber Foundation Developer

zwanzig_zwoelf
    What the fuck.

• WTF am I reading WTF am I reading x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • it is a mystery it is a mystery x 1
    ^ Top  
  3. Gahbreeil Educated

Gahbreeil
    Why a JRPG and not something like Crown of Solasta or the classic isometric tactical western Role-Playing Game?

• not sure if serious not sure if serious x 1
    ^ Top  
  4. Gandalf Savant

Gandalf
    Good luck, I hope you'll get well. RIP ROTT.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  5. deem Savant

deem
    Is the project really deleted? Why?

• Despair Despair x 1
    ^ Top  
  6. KeighnMcDeath RPG Codex Boomer

KeighnMcDeath
    I guess it is a distraction from getting cleaned up from drugs? I guess????

I still don't recall the final version before it was deleted. I'll check my drives today but this last winterfrst left my drives in a horrid mess.

Yep, all social media, itchio, his "company" website, guides, etc are all deleted. Wayback can help a little but not for downloads. He drew the art himself and from the credits this was his work.

(Shrug) can't do much about it.

• Salute Salute x 1
    ^ Top  
  7. Gandalf Savant

Gandalf
    I kinda think that I remember downloading this, but can't find it, so perhaps ma mind is playing tricks on me. Need to dig deeper.

• Makes you think... Makes you think... x 1
    ^ Top  
  8. KeighnMcDeath RPG Codex Boomer

KeighnMcDeath
    Nice avatar.

• Yes Yes x 1
    ^ Top  
  9. agris Arcane Patron

agris
    source is still up on git, and if you know git a bit you can slice it up to before the readme.md was updated. i checked a few random source files, looks like the code is there. not sure if graphical assets are, though.

https://github.com/Otays/realmofthetempest

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  10. Otay Bramble Gate Studios Developer

Otay
    I'm still having heroin withdrawals. Dumb shit, you know. I managed to stop using for a little while, and now I'm back at it. No idea where my family is now, or where the KS backers went. None of them have any reason to help now, I'm screwed.

I don't believe in miracles, but I've manually updated a few dialog files on the Github from a borrowed phone just in case a new version might be compiled at some point... You know, just a few more stray ideas.

• Friendly Friendly x 4
    ^ Top  
  11. Abu Antar Prestigious Gentleman Tweet, tweet Patron

Abu Antar
    Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    I hope shit works out for you, bro.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  12. quixotic Educated

quixotic
    Substance abuse runs in my family. It’s just awful.
    I wish you the best.

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    ^ Top  
  13. Otay Bramble Gate Studios Developer

Otay
    • Brofist Brofist x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  14. Otay Bramble Gate Studios Developer

Otay
    • Brofist Brofist x 3
    ^ Top  
  15. Abu Antar Prestigious Gentleman Tweet, tweet Patron

Abu Antar
    Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  16. KeighnMcDeath RPG Codex Boomer

KeighnMcDeath
    Awesome!

• incline incline x 1
    ^ Top  
  17. Otay Bramble Gate Studios Developer

Otay
    I guess terribly. I've been homeless for 53 days. I was allowed to come use the computer twice. I'm finally starting to understand things. I don't know who my parents are since I'm "adopted". But my step dad has given the ultimatum to seek treatment or die. I'm still in the dark about "treatment" so I will likely fail again, but I've really learned something important: my parents were tricked into adoption. Every single form of abuse has been a symptom of that one thing. There is no solution for "realm of the tempest" to ever be a foundation for a career, because ROTT is nothing but a cry for help. The reason I am always lonely, the reason I've failed at treatment, the reason I'm often in isolation, the only explanation for a sober computer scientist being homeless due to "drug addiction": I was never supposed to be here.

• Friendly Friendly x 4
    • Heresy Heresy x 1
    ^ Top  
  18. Abu Antar Prestigious Gentleman Tweet, tweet Patron

Abu Antar
    I'm sorry to hear that. While "treatment" might sound intimidating, and something that you might fear, I would listen to that advice. I have never been in a situation like yours, so I don't know if what I am trying to tell you means anything, but I hope you're not going for the "dying" option. I know a couple of people who died of OD. They never sought help, but maybe their life could have been saved if they had gotten professional people to get them slightly on the right track.

You have shown with RoTT that you have artistic talent. It's a solid game, with good gameplay, and nice art. Unfortunately, not all games succeed, even if they are good. Is there no chance for you to take programming job or something else? When you write on here, you seem sensible enough to me. My advice is that you should not shy away from any help you can get. Treatment doesn't have to be a bad thing. My hope is that you will seek any form of help that you can get, whatever it may be.

I hope all goes well for you, and God willing, you will some day be in a better position than you are in now.

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    ^ Top  
  19. KeighnMcDeath RPG Codex Boomer

KeighnMcDeath
    That sucks. I'm sure you've heard it all before. Do you crave NOT being alone? Do you seek companions? I find being alone fine as people have shit issues at times that they will shove in your face daily. When you are alone and if you have a place of your own that self independent lifestyle is far better than living with/under someone else's rule, imo.

You'll always have your demons. The world and existence itself seems to eat away at the living trying to dominate the competetion. I have said the same thing:

" I should never have been created. It was God's Mistake. Raphael the angel should have dumped my awareness into the erasing void. I never gave my parents nor the Creator GOD permission to create me. "

It does no good I am here. Everything infects those that sense it with their existence. You have affectedinfected others in ways you'll never know. And by affect it could be beneficial .... or not. Who knows? But maybe everything is beneficial even the worse crap that happens. A matter of perspective that creation exists at all. I'm not a philosopher or an intellectual, I'm a bum-parasite that just tried to get by.

You could stop living but you have no guarantee death will solve anything. If you go by the supernatural nuts, then crazy depressed ghosts exist and worse. Moot point. You live.

IMHO, you keep existing somehow. Your life is EPIC to yourself and that's the most important thing to you. As individuals I believe each is the center of their omniverse. In yours you are the most important VIP. No one can be you and you can't be them.

As to what to do? I won't preach. Who is a crazy near hobo who lives in a hut under a tree on his parent's property to tell another what to do?
    Nuh uh! Nope! Not I!

I really enjoy your work and am astounded at the talent there from a solo artist. You have great talent in a pretty diverse area imho. For that...I am grateful for experiencing your work. Damn good stuff.

Cheers

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Sweat gathers upon my brow, let me dab it Sweat gathers upon my brow, let me dab it x 1
    ^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.