Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vapourware Realms Beyond: Ashes of the Fallen - Chaos Chronicles reborn and dead again

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
Needless to say, RPG CODEX Gaming.LLC would be 0% WOKE and 100% BASED gaming company. Also I would personally invest money and unironically offer Chris Avellone to be Creative Director and Lead Writer. I'd contact him via Codex/Twitter. Rape allegations are a + in CV for us

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
"So, what's the sitch?"
As many's favourite redhead to jerk off during their Disney teen years, Kim Possible, used to say

The situation is as follows: Realms Beyond is dead! Long live Realms Beyond? Truly a story about phoenix and german autism. So Ceres Games is officially RIP. Someone closed it down, filed for bankruptcy. That someone is most likely a famous (or fabled) Ghost CEO. We were informed about that few days ago by HobGoblin on Discord. Here is picture from German company register proving that:

7ucwVjC_d.webp

Now, let's start honking[!] Honk #1: Company that is 50% owned by HobGoblin, and where he is equal partner, went bankrupt. Bankruptcy was declared on 9.3.2022. HobGoblin found out about it around 20.5.2022. Two and half months later. HONK! He said "how again no-one informed him about anything". wait. Wait. Waiiiiit! How the fuck there is no mechanism in german law system with its autism settings set on: MAX BUREAUCRACY, that you don't get informed by anyone that company you HALF own is dead?! Not even by your own lawyer, on which he admitted to have spent close to 10.000€. Honk #2. Name of Liquidator who's supposed to close down company properly, pay off all creditors and sell all company assests is Timothy Drude. Can you guess what is name of Ghost CEO? The one because of which they stopped all development, who ruined at least two deals with publishers and one who returns no calls nor responds to no emails for over two years? A supposed creator of this entire Chaos. Timothy Drude. HONK!

But how?! Well, according to german law, sitting CEO usually becomes Liquidator. Ok. Very ze well. If that is so, then why the fuck did your lawyer didn't ze tell you that? Why you filed NO, ZERO, NADA lawsuits against him, so to prevent him from becoming Liquidator by default, because of conflict of interests a judge would chose a state representative, as third neutral party to lead liquidation process? Why the FUCK, did you give up a position of CEO, position of power, privilege and decision making (Hob used to be CEO)?! That's never done in business! Back then, explanation on Discord was that "bureaucracy and paperwork was killing him" and "he couldn't focus on programming". Paperwork for company that had during peak months of Realms Beyond development 5-7 employees? All that heavy paperwork, that could have been outsourced to accountant and decison making powers kept. Nigga, who you trying to bullshit?!

Anyway. Now we are reaching a truly interesting part of this story. An opportunity for shitposting, for action, for adventure. Both remaining devs on Discord are barely active in last few days since the news dropped. They were directly asked: What's the plan of action now? No response. My idea is: Let's go Ghost Hunting! Let's contact Ghost CEO over his LinkedIn page (I'll post the link) and if assets and copyrights of Realms Beyond haven't already been sold, let's mask ourselves as Hentai Devs, tell how we'd love to use 3D models, animations etc. for our Hentai RPG, and buy Realms Beyond off!!! It can't be worth much (~10.000€ is my estimate) and then we can cuck HobGoblin, and since he owns the engine, music, some maps/quests and worldbuilding, make him our slave, We as RPG CODEX becomes CEO of new company, and drama development continues. We make new gaming company somewhere where programmers and artists are good and cheap (Balkan), we resurrect Chris Avellone and make him Lead Writer and Creative Director, HobGoblin can be code monkey, we'll pay him in bananas, and we even find private investors*. What new company, which will be called RPG CODEX Gaming (for maximum butthurt among gaming journalist and Redditors) will have as its mission? MAKE RPGS GREAT AGAIN and build Arcanum 2! It can be done

What shall ye say, my fellow ShitLords?
Are we CEO now? Ready for Adventure of Life? YAY or NAY

*I was in talks with rich based boomer investor from this forum who was interested in exactly that

I must admit, the thought of this farce continuing to provide drama and butthurt brings me much joy.

Chaos Chronicles, the franchise that refuses to die gracefully.

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
If that guy truly wanted to sabotage the project, he'll never sell you the assets.
Agreed. That's why we'd wear mask of Hentai RPG Devs. Offering him some money for assets (can't and won't be much cause demand is low) and then using said assets in some ungodly hentai wet game? That might seem like nice final revenge and deal to him
:smug:

Also it neither costs nor hurts to contact the guy
This is his LinkedIn page btw: Timothy Drude

Nikanuur

Arbiter
Patron
"So, what's the sitch?"
As many's favourite redhead to jerk off during their Disney teen years, Kim Possible, used to say

The situation is as follows: Realms Beyond is dead! Long live Realms Beyond? Truly a story about phoenix and german autism. So Ceres Games is officially RIP. Someone closed it down, filed for bankruptcy. That someone is most likely a famous (or fabled) Ghost CEO. We were informed about that few days ago by HobGoblin on Discord. Here is picture from German company register proving that:

7ucwVjC_d.webp

Now, let's start honking[!] Honk #1: Company that is 50% owned by HobGoblin, and where he is equal partner, went bankrupt. Bankruptcy was declared on 9.3.2022. HobGoblin found out about it around 20.5.2022. Two and half months later. HONK! He said "how again no-one informed him about anything". wait. Wait. Waiiiiit! How the fuck there is no mechanism in german law system with its autism settings set on: MAX BUREAUCRACY, that you don't get informed by anyone that company you HALF own is dead?! Not even by your own lawyer, on which he admitted to have spent close to 10.000€. Honk #2. Name of Liquidator who's supposed to close down company properly, pay off all creditors and sell all company assests is Timothy Drude. Can you guess what is name of Ghost CEO? The one because of which they stopped all development, who ruined at least two deals with publishers and one who returns no calls nor responds to no emails for over two years? A supposed creator of this entire Chaos. Timothy Drude. HONK!

But how?! Well, according to german law, sitting CEO usually becomes Liquidator. Ok. Very ze well. If that is so, then why the fuck did your lawyer didn't ze tell you that? Why you filed NO, ZERO, NADA lawsuits against him, so to prevent him from becoming Liquidator by default, because of conflict of interests a judge would chose a state representative, as third neutral party to lead liquidation process? Why the FUCK, did you give up a position of CEO, position of power, privilege and decision making (Hob used to be CEO)?! That's never done in business! Back then, explanation on Discord was that "bureaucracy and paperwork was killing him" and "he couldn't focus on programming". Paperwork for company that had during peak months of Realms Beyond development 5-7 employees? All that heavy paperwork, that could have been outsourced to accountant and decison making powers kept. Nigga, who you trying to bullshit?!

Anyway. Now we are reaching a truly interesting part of this story. An opportunity for shitposting, for action, for adventure. Both remaining devs on Discord are barely active in last few days since the news dropped. They were directly asked: What's the plan of action now? No response. My idea is: Let's go Ghost Hunting! Let's contact Ghost CEO over his LinkedIn page (I'll post the link) and if assets and copyrights of Realms Beyond haven't already been sold, let's mask ourselves as Hentai Devs, tell how we'd love to use 3D models, animations etc. for our Hentai RPG, and buy Realms Beyond off!!! It can't be worth much (~10.000€ is my estimate) and then we can cuck HobGoblin, and since he owns the engine, music, some maps/quests and worldbuilding, make him our slave, We as RPG CODEX becomes CEO of new company, and drama development continues. We make new gaming company somewhere where programmers and artists are good and cheap (Balkan), we resurrect Chris Avellone and make him Lead Writer and Creative Director, HobGoblin can be code monkey, we'll pay him in bananas, and we even find private investors*. What new company, which will be called RPG CODEX Gaming (for maximum butthurt among gaming journalist and Redditors) will have as its mission? MAKE RPGS GREAT AGAIN and build Arcanum 2! It can be done

*I was in talks with rich based boomer investor from this forum who was interested in exactly that
I disdain all dze unnecessary strengspräche, but dzere comes a taime, when a man has to say, to dze hell with dzet! Count me and mein ten dollars in!

Last edited:
If that guy truly wanted to sabotage the project, he'll never sell you the assets.
The narrative "The co-owner of my own company wanted to sabotage our project so he started ghosting us for months (forcing us to complete inaction) until we had to file for bankruptcy" doesn't make ANY FUCKING SENSE.

I just can't trust this story a single bit. I'm sorry, but this goes so much past a normal case of gross incompetence that I can't help but suspect a deliberate fraud.

Let's pretend for a second this is actually what happened, what tribunal wouldn't have sided with the remaining co-owner pushing the other out of the company for inexcusable negligence and taking full control of the project?

Last edited:

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
"So, what's the sitch?"

7ucwVjC_d.webp

Sure we can even give JarlFrank his job back.

OracleX

Augur
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
hack and and claim all resources for the community.
much like how they took the KS monies for themselfs.
fair trade no?

Contagium

Savant
Patron
:takemymoney:

"So, what's the sitch?"

7ucwVjC_d.webp

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
I would possibly like to license the assets from whoever holds them, either for a flat fee, or for rev-shares and make my own RPG. I'd code the engine myself.

I don't think they'll sell anything to any of us. But if they were to sell them, I'd really appreciate you guys not sitting on these assets. Either let a few independent teams give it a try at making a game, or put them up on unity asset store for a hefty price. The latter would pay off within a year.

Self-Ejected

underground nymph

I care not!
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
Codex funded and managed project, what could possibly go wrong hmmm

Sounds like another exciting chapter in the train wreck that is Chaos Chronicles.

The drama surrounding this game has provided more entertainment so far than the game itself ever will.
Nah, the drama is petty as are the attempts to make it appear a bigger deal than it is. On the other hand the game and the amount of love invested in it are worth supporting any further attempts should they happen which I will not hesitate to do. As if any of those screeching about scam haven’t ever spent their money in a more retarded way

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
The drama Circus continues. I don't even know what to say right now. Something stinks here more then Hobo that just sat next to me in public transport

pNXreJk_d.webp

ERIzJz4_d.webp

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Nah, the drama is petty as are the attempts to make it appear a bigger deal than it is. On the other hand the game and the amount of love invested in it are worth supporting any further attempts should they happen which I will not hesitate to do. As if any of those screeching about scam haven’t ever spent their money in a more retarded way

Pff, this has very little to do with the money for me. It has to do with Hobfuckface acting like we're all morons for years at a time. Read the Discord if you haven't already, Tuco nails it.

Yeah, read that chat and then try to claim with a straight face that this isn't some far fetched bullshit.

I'd be less irritated if the guy just came out and said something like, "Man, we tried and we failed. The project was beyond our abilities/mismanaged/whatever." Or even if he said nothing and just fucked off with the cash. Instead we get these increasingly bizarre stories of things that could be worked out instead of sitting with your thumb up your ass for years and occasionally giving some sort of mealy mouthed excuse like everyone reading it is retarded.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom