Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vapourware Realms Beyond: Ashes of the Fallen - Chaos Chronicles reborn and dead again

Hobo Elf

Arcane
Something stinks here more then Hobo that just sat next to me in public transport

Not a very nice way to speak about Hobo Elf but then he is Finnish.
Finnish people will do everything in their power to avoid sitting next to a stranger in public so it couldn't have been me.

Self-Ejected

underground nymph

I care not!
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
Nah, the drama is petty as are the attempts to make it appear a bigger deal than it is. On the other hand the game and the amount of love invested in it are worth supporting any further attempts should they happen which I will not hesitate to do. As if any of those screeching about scam haven’t ever spent their money in a more retarded way

Pff, this has very little to do with the money for me. It has to do with Hobfuckface acting like we're all morons for years at a time. Read the Discord if you haven't already, Tuco nails it.

Yeah, read that chat and then try to claim with a straight face that this isn't some far fetched bullshit.

I'd be less irritated if the guy just came out and said something like, "Man, we tried and we failed. The project was beyond our abilities/mismanaged/whatever." Or even if he said nothing and just fucked off with the cash. Instead we get these increasingly bizarre stories of things that could be worked out instead of sitting with your thumb up your ass for years and occasionally giving some sort of mealy mouthed excuse like everyone reading it is retarded.
So lemmi summarize: you are butthurt because he doesn’t say what you want him to. Very mature.

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Nah, the drama is petty as are the attempts to make it appear a bigger deal than it is. On the other hand the game and the amount of love invested in it are worth supporting any further attempts should they happen which I will not hesitate to do. As if any of those screeching about scam haven’t ever spent their money in a more retarded way

Pff, this has very little to do with the money for me. It has to do with Hobfuckface acting like we're all morons for years at a time. Read the Discord if you haven't already, Tuco nails it.

Yeah, read that chat and then try to claim with a straight face that this isn't some far fetched bullshit.

I'd be less irritated if the guy just came out and said something like, "Man, we tried and we failed. The project was beyond our abilities/mismanaged/whatever." Or even if he said nothing and just fucked off with the cash. Instead we get these increasingly bizarre stories of things that could be worked out instead of sitting with your thumb up your ass for years and occasionally giving some sort of mealy mouthed excuse like everyone reading it is retarded.
So lemmi summarize: you are butthurt because he doesn’t say what you want him to. Very mature.

Sure. Feel free to send him more money for his next "project". Or send me a cheque and I'll send you periodic updates about why I haven't been able to do anything, but look forward to my next project and btw, please send me more money so I can try to recover the assets I've worked so hard on over the past while with your money.

Sherry

Arcane
Hi.

sad. Sad! SAD!!!

Gosh this is just ikr that bad to everyone who putf something toward the Kickstart and even plugged or shared it with a tweet but even $5 or $20 toward the game isa still money lost and my friend lost $2,000 on this game on the design a Lich and its dungeon pledge they will never get back either :( but at least the company had a really awesome booth at that gamescon that one time so I guess thhere is that? :hahano:

ALl I could find was this on page 30 there were others too but looks like their forum and instagram are even gone where more pictures were of the booth.

gBwTUwZc_o.jpg

Thanks,
Sherry

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

underground nymph

I care not!
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
but at least the company had a really awesome booth at that gamescon that one time so I guess thhere is that? :hahano:
Having a proper game booth was imperative in order to maintain the illusion they really know what they're doing.
No, their main hook was the gorgeous game engine, powerful tool kit and art direction. Quite sophisticated scammers they are. We the gamers should be vigilant not to get in the same trap again.

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
but at least the company had a really awesome booth at that gamescon that one time so I guess thhere is that? :hahano:
Having a proper game booth was imperative in order to maintain the illusion they really know what they're doing.
No, their main hook was the gorgeous game engine, powerful tool kit and art direction. Quite sophisticated scammers they are. We the gamers should be vigilant not to get in the same trap again.

Well at least he'll have one person still dumb enough to pay for whatever he doesn't release next. Third time's the charm, right?

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
Only new news is that they own 50% of all assets (worldbuilding, entire lore, all finished quests, some level design etc) and they are considering to make small NWN2 style modules, probably before the end of year or in 2023.

After fuck up before CC, Chaos Chronicles and Realms Beyond, new fuck up arrives. Swindling Must Go On!

OracleX

Augur
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
Only new news is that they own 50% of all assets (worldbuilding, entire lore, all finished quests, some level design etc) and they are considering to make small NWN2 style modules, probably before the end of year or in 2023.
Source?

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
[UPDATE]: Ceres Games is FINALLY dead. During this business divorce, the Ghost CEO who ghosted them has claimed his half of assets (all those he purchased during funeral of Chaos Chronicles, all of them were reused in Realms Beyond) and Hob and Thara have taken their half (worldbuilding, lore names, level design, animations, all finished quests, engine and so on). The Current Plan is for development to be continued in form of small RPG adventures that would be released on Steam for free to all backers. Only thing that's preventing them is serious lack of character (and weapons) assets, cause they were all taken with Flying Dutchman CEO. Since they are bussy with their current contracts and have neither surplus of time nor money to hire others everything is paused. They lack 10.000€, a € more or less. That's the situation as it is right now. This morning someone came up with amusing and rather interesting idea on their Discord. Read it for yourselves:

MuMu2v2_d.webp

qf6fVDQ_d.webp

TLDR: Any angel investors on Codex who have 100€ and no better way to spent it then investing into Realms Beyond Death: Reborn, Arcanum's bastard child?C'mon, let's see the investors spirit! :)

:takemyjewgold:

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
Wait, you think 50% tax is normal? Pharaohs and Kings took less
Guy is right about that, at least

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom