Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vapourware Realms Beyond: Ashes of the Fallen - Chaos Chronicles reborn and dead again

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
Imagine...
Codex invests 10.000€ into Realms Beyond and for two years we take 10% profits. We all get repaid, get life time free games from them and all surplus profit is invested in new Codex trolls to be drawn by Chris Avellone. Not to mention: Realms Beyond gets made

+We make Hob re-activate his Codex account. Don't you miss brother Hob?

Dare I say it, it's supreme investment opportunity.
Truly Best Deal.TM

Aemar

Arcane
dfd.png

:hahyou:

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Codex invests 10.000€ into Realms Beyond and for two years we take 10% profits.
10% of what profits?

get life time free games from them
Since I don't expect to live forever, we have to get realistic here. In 10+ years, "they" managed to release a grand total of... *check notes* zero (0) games. How many free games do you expect from them in your remaining lifespan?

Also, stop referring to yourself as "someone on Discord".

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
10% of what profits?
Game profits made on Steam and GOG. If they started production on small module today (10-15h story long) it would be finished in 6-8 months. They lack character and weapons assets and costs of living to be paid for Hob and Thara

To be honest, it might even cost less then 10.000€
If Hob does sensible thing and moves company to tax and production cost jungles like Cyprus, Czech Republic, Hungary or Balkan

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
I'll try to convince Hob to release video of some of the bigger maps that are finished. They own them all. Supposedly they are as beautiful as anything from Fallout, Arcanum or Icewind Dale

That should resurrect at least a spark of confidence in him and his Devs

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
Maybe angel/devil investor can be found
Who knows, you'd be surprised who all browses and has Codex account. Maybe Elon Musk is among us

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
Wait, you think 50% tax is normal? Pharaohs and Kings took less
Guy is right about that, at least
If a country produces 400 apartments, 500 cars and 1000 pairs of boots per year, you can set the tax to 1% or 99%, the country will still have produced the same amount of apartments, cars and boots. And they have to be distributed between members of society no matter what.
Say you set the tax to 1%. Then the budget doesn't have enough money to pay pensions. It will PRINT money to pay pensions, and the money that you've got in your pocket will lose value. You paid 1% tax, but due to inflation you effectively still paid 50%. Nothing changed.
Let's say you pay 99% tax. But you get so much free shit from various funds, that you don't know where to spend your 1%.

The tax itself is not the NUMBER to discuss. It's meaningless in and of itself. The circumstances surrounding the number can be discussed. But that's if we're talking about salary tax.

Since you're discussing business taxes, that's a different story. And there's a reason to keep the tax high - it means inefficient businesses sink very fast and the work force goes to work on a business that's much more efficient. Society as a whole gains from it, because more cars and boots get produced. There are studies on the inefficiencies of small businesses.
Unfortunately, it also means less diversity in products, because diversity easily comes from artisans, but not from large corporations. It can be especially felt in gamedev.

But then you can't really blame Germany, because apparently they're aware of the shortcomings of a high business tax (which can nip some good businesses in the bud), and to compensate they gave 100k to Realms Beyond. Which they failed to utilize correctly.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
If they started production on small module today (10-15h story long) it would be finished in 6-8 months.
If they started production on a small module today, it would never be finished like anything else they did so far.

To be honest, it might even cost less then 10.000€
Yeah, they made an entire combat demo with 120k and whatever amount of money they got out of Angela Merkel's fat ass, but with 10k they'll finish a game. What drugs are you on? I want in. 10k are nothing. If you need 10k to finish something, it means you already finished it.

If Hob does sensible thing and moves company to tax and production cost jungles like Cyprus, Czech Republic, Hungary or Balkan
Yeah, Hob, do you hear me? Do the sensible thing! Move your entire life to the Balkans for 8 months. :greatjob:

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
They own them all.
Not the maps that were built by Timothy Drude, who was also lead level designer, not just ghost CEO.

The rights to the other maps should have gone back to the people who made them, and those should all be reasonable enough to allow them to appear in a new game. Only the ones made by Tim are pretty much locked away forever.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Yeah, Hob, do you hear me? Do the sensible thing! Move your entire life to the Balkans for 8 months. :greatjob:

Even better: move to the Balkans forever.

It's genuinely a better place to live than Germany, especially when you work a job that allows for remote work. Lower taxes, lower living costs, higher degree of freedom, healthier culture. There are many reasons to leave the rotting west behind and move to the Balkans.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
I guess scamming people on Kickstarter can be considered "remote work", if Hob decides to make a career out of it.

Nonetheless, not everyone is willing to abandon his family and friends for a bigger bank account in the Balkans.

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
New Company, which gotta be founded anyway, can legally and physically be in Balkans and Hob can remain in Germany. That arrangement can work too. Iron Tower Studio members all live across the globe. No problem without solution

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
New Company, which gotta be founded anyway, can legally and physically be in Balkans and Hob can remain in Germany. That arrangement can work too. Iron Tower Studio members all live across the globe. No problem without solution
You and Hobofuckface should take a long walk off a short cliff, hand in hand. Get out of here with this new gift.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom