Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vapourware Realms Beyond: Ashes of the Fallen - Chaos Chronicles reborn and dead again

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
Lol. I haven't talked with guy for 2 years
My only agenda is for some Incline to happen. That's all

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Lol. I haven't talked with guy for 2 years
My only agenda is fore some Incline to happen. That's all
What shall ye say, my fellow ShitLords?
Are we CEO now? Ready for Adventure of Life? YAY or NAY
Count me in. Ready to pledge / become a shareholder.

I must admit, the thought of this farce continuing to provide drama and butthurt brings me much joy.

Chaos Chronicles, the franchise that refuses to die gracefully.

Sure we can even give JarlFrank his job back.

Codex funded and managed project, what could possibly go wrong hmmm

Sounds like another exciting chapter in the train wreck that is Chaos Chronicles.

The drama surrounding this game has provided more entertainment so far than the game itself ever will.
Nah, the drama is petty as are the attempts to make it appear a bigger deal than it is. On the other hand the game and the amount of love invested in it are worth supporting any further attempts should they happen which I will not hesitate to do. As if any of those screeching about scam haven’t ever spent their money in a more retarded way

Looks to me like you already found enough patsies the last time you floated this crap. How about you just get them to start cutting cheques and then fuck off?

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
Koji ti je kurac?
Konjski

Anyway, we'll see how this thing develops in coming days. Maybe angel investor will fly down from h€aven. My overall impression after further investigation is that Hob is just terrible manager and good programmer, which is often the case. Releasing footage that shows some of everything that they've done and that they own (maps, quests, story etc) should hopefully rekindle small flame of trust. If not, perfectly understandable

When small RPG adventure releases, it should do that. Return some lost trust. Good start for bigger things to come

mediocrepoet

Patron
Koji ti je kurac?
Konjski

Anyway, we'll see how this thing develops in coming days. Maybe angel investor will fly down from h€aven. My overall impression after further investigation is that Hob is just terrible manager and good programmer, which is often the case. Releasing footage that shows some of everything that they've done and that they own (maps, quests, story etc) should hopefully rekindle small flame of trust. If not, perfectly understandable

When small RPG adventure releases, it should do that. Return some lost trust

Based on ratings and rhetoric, I'd suggest that underground nymph should be up for at least 5k, maybe even the full 10.

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
You're probably upset that underground nymph is both RPG connoisseur, savvy investor AND sexy beast with 8inch cock. If we were inside RPG, I'd have him as part of my party

mediocrepoet

Patron
I will say that even if you can find people to send you money for this stupid idea, posting all this stuff is a waste of your time. Hobo is likely savvy enough not to put himself in a position where he can be sued and/or charged with fraud. But if he is, then I hope you're able to get this started and have deep enough pockets for the subsequent lawsuits.

CyberWhale

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
ITT reminder that it is better to develop smaller and less ambitious games first and then eventually build it up until you can release your dream project. That is, if you are genuine about the development in the first place. Otherwise, keep overpromising and underneverdelivering LOL.

Codex Year of the Donut
If a country produces 400 apartments, 500 cars and 1000 pairs of boots per year, you can set the tax to 1% or 99%, the country will still have produced the same amount of apartments, cars and boots. And they have to be distributed between members of society no matter what.
this is your brain on communism
they think people who have 99% of their income taken will continue to work

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
You're probably upset that underground nymph is both RPG connoisseur, savvy investor AND sexy beast with 8inch cock.
I won't argue about the 8-inch cock, but:

sexy beast
26603.jpg

Do you wish to retract your statement?

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

underground nymph

I care not!
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
They own them all.
Not the maps that were built by Timothy Drude, who was also lead level designer, not just ghost CEO.

The rights to the other maps should have gone back to the people who made them, and those should all be reasonable enough to allow them to appear in a new game. Only the ones made by Tim are pretty much locked away forever.
Can you shed some light on the feud that has lead to all this?

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
They own them all.
Not the maps that were built by Timothy Drude, who was also lead level designer, not just ghost CEO.

The rights to the other maps should have gone back to the people who made them, and those should all be reasonable enough to allow them to appear in a new game. Only the ones made by Tim are pretty much locked away forever.

The only one who can is Timothy Drude, but he has ghosted everyone who was ever involved in Realms Beyond for a long time now, including the fucking co-owner of the company.
When I was part of the team, I never noticed him do anything sketchy and there was no conflict between him and any other team members.

But one day, when the company started looking for publishers to fund the rest of development, he just... vanished. Seems like he didn't want to deal with the responsibility and as a consequence just decided to completely ignore everything related to the game and the company he was supposed to manage. There is no juicy drama here. Just one guy going radio silent and tanking the company that way.

Self-Ejected

underground nymph

I care not!
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
They own them all.

The only one who can is Timothy Drude, but he has ghosted everyone who was ever involved in Realms Beyond for a long time now, including the fucking co-owner of the company.
When I was part of the team, I never noticed him do anything sketchy and there was no conflict between him and any other team members.

But one day, when the company started looking for publishers to fund the rest of development, he just... vanished. Seems like he didn't want to deal with the responsibility and as a consequence just decided to completely ignore everything related to the game and the company he was supposed to manage. There is no juicy drama here. Just one guy going radio silent and tanking the company that way.
Thanks. Not eager for drama, though find this explanation a bit lacking. From my point of view there might have been some sort of disagreement between the parties in regards of the publisher or some other development related thing. Otherwise I can hardly imagine somebody completely retreating from a project and not willing to hand over what he has while not even voicing his conditions. That’s just either super weird or emotional.

Do you believe there’s any future for the project after the breakup?

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
Thanks. Not eager for drama, though find this explanation a bit lacking. From my point of view there might have been some sort of disagreement between the parties in regards of the publisher or some other development related thing. Otherwise I can hardly imagine somebody completely retreating from a project and not willing to hand over what he has while not even voicing his conditions. That’s just either super weird or emotional.

Do you believe there’s any future for the project after the breakup
People can be weird, anxious, autistic, retarded, butthurt or cocktail of all of the above. Some people one day just get up and disappear from radar. What can't be said is that he didn't know what he was doing, namely destroying company he half owned and crushing dreams of his business partner. There probably was some malice involved towards Hob, though not necessarily. He could have been simply spoiled, Rich Daddy's little autist who suddenly lost all interest into project

Either way, he's best written off as collateral damage, and team should move on. Mistakes were made, lessons were learned. Ownership and management needs to be clear and tight. One Owner. Start ups with two owners with equal say are notoriously prone to implosions

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
Financial, managerial and ownshership aspect of game dev is incredibly important. Second most important thing after skill & passion

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
Someone is angling for a gamedev CEO position
Yes, but not here. In my own gaming studio I plan to open. Here I'm just trying to help half-created, good idea not end up in garbage for utterly stupid reasons. I might be able to find them investor (singular). There are ongoing talks. We'll see how much success we find

*Also wanna save my 35€ given to RB Kickstarter. It was my first Kickstarter, damn it

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom