Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vapourware Realms Beyond: Ashes of the Fallen - Chaos Chronicles reborn and dead again

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
oh you witty fucks you

eQVPTRZ.jpg

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://store.steampowered.com/newshub/app/762550/view/2767979155604833163

Combat Beta Update #3
  • Fixed various crash bugs that stopped people from finishing the game (showstopper)
  • UI shows remaining lifetime for summoned characters now
  • Summoned characters disappears after spell's duration ends (no corpse)
  • Fixed keyboard scrolling in exploration mode
  • Characters in prone stance are no longer looking at acting characters in combat
  • Fixed incorrect spellings (e.g. Halfing)
  • Reduced difficulty of two encounters in 2nd map (Ice Cave)
  • Rapier is now included in weapon finesse even not being a light weapon
  • Temporarily character conditions/effect are now being removed after combat (e.g. Rage, Entangled)
  • Visual effects of dead/inactive characters are correctly hidden now (combat)
  • Characters without equipped melee weapon/shield now automatically start the combat with ranged weapon (if available)
  • Minor fixes/improvement on combat controls
  • Additional tool tip information related to possible spells targets added
  • Fixed incorrect spell ranges (especially Touch)
  • Player-summoned creatures no longer get weapon penalties from natural weapons
  • Full Attack is now the default action until character moves or manually switches to Standard Attack

:Flash:

Arcane
oh, Sept 2020 early access, nice
That must have been an error. The guy said Early Access planned towards the end of the year, or "in about half a year", even if that is a little contradictory.

He also said that currently four people are working on the game "but we used to be more and we plan to be more again in the future". I appreciate his honesty.

cyborgboy95

News Cyborg
I really like the portraits they show in the video
iDPkg2J.png

He also said that currently four people are working on the game "but we used to be more and we plan to be more again in the future". I appreciate his honesty.
Despite the difficulties they face, they also make their stance on Epic Exclusive pretty clear, which counts as a plus in my book. Now let's hope that this game actually get released someday
rDHRsrY.png

EKSbWdP.png

Unwanted

Horvatii

Unwanted
they also make their stance on Epic Exclusive pretty clear, which counts as a plus in my book
Gods, Why?! You should be PRAYING that Epic gibs dem moneyz!

Option 1. epic money -> gaym rlsd... maybe
Option 2. ea begging -> gaym has no money, cause no one buys it (personal guarantee from me!), hobgoblin is not gonna code for free

You are choosing option 2.

Btw, I dont buy for a second that publishers are interested in the game in its current form. On what magical returns on investment are thye looking at? Only realized losses... Kickstarter 120k collected, 2.5k backers - thats it?

The history of the studio actually look like Hobgoblin is paying himself a salary to work on a hobby XD :lol:
Kickstarter -> Tax money -> Publishers pitch -> EA -> DLC -> Release cut down to size...

Unwanted

Horvatii

Unwanted
If, than he wouldnt be working on it.
If I had to guess, its a hedge against some kind of liabilities, should they arise specifically against his persons as head of the company.
Now he is just an employee probably.

Unwanted

Horvatii

Unwanted
Btw, old story
As we already financed the prototype on a minority basis and liked the concept, we agreed to continue the project together with Coreplay and the support of FFF Bayern. The overall individual investments for each party was as follows (sorry, we cannot mention the specific amounts): 67% funded by bitComposer, 28% funded through FFF Bayern—based on bitComposer commitment—and 5% funded by Coreplay.

Myth of Glory
Kategorie
Rollenspiel
Antragsteller
Coreplay
Inhalt
Kooperatives Online Action Rollenspiel. Der Spieler begibt sich in eine Welt, die vor über einem Jahrhundert von Dämonen erobert wurde. Diese kämpfen gegeneinander, um noch mehr Macht zu gewinnen. Im Einzel- oder Multiplayermodus wird der Spieler die Geheimnisse erforschen, die zum Untergang des einst glorreichen Reiches geführt haben und dabei in die verzauberte Atmosphäre einer versunkenen Welt eindringen. Dabei liegt der Fokus des Phantsierollenspiels auf dem gemeinsamen Zusammenspiel beim Lösen von Rätseln
Produktion Games
195.000 € (April 2011) <- tax money

Do the math

Unwanted

Horvatii

Unwanted
Double Trouble!

Realms Beyond: Ashes of the Fallen

Kategorie
Rollenspiel
Antragsteller
Ceres Games GmbH, München
Inhalt
Rollenspiel, Singleplayer. In einer von Katastrophen zerstörten Welt, die von Outlaws und Monstern bevölkert wird, machen sich Helden und Abenteurer auf, um wieder Ordnung herzustellen. Der Spieler bewegt sich mit einer Gruppe von bis zu sechs Helden in Echtzeit durch die weitläufige, offene Landschaft. In ihr befinden sich über 1.000 individuelle Gegenstände und viele NPCs. Es gibt ein komplexes, rundenbasiertes Kampfsystem basierend auf einem in der Gamesbranche als maßgeblich erachteten Regelwerk mit mehr als 100 Zaubersprüchen. Eine Wiederbelebung des komplexen Rollenspielgenres.
Produktion Games
100.000 € (März 2019)

Unwanted

Horvatii

Unwanted
bitcomposer from ancient logs:

Can you state - at least in general terms - what your agreement with Coreplay was?

WD: The full production of Chaos Chronicles began in 2011, based on the prototype from 2010. The full production was also supported by external funding through FFF Bayern. To get this funding, Coreplay needed to find a publisher to cover the majority part of the investment, and then contract them to do the game and handle worldwide marketing and sales.

In September 2012, one of the founders and managing partners of Coreplay left the company—and this was a real surprise for us. Shortly thereafter, the former managing partner’s shares were taken over by a lawyer and an investor.
From this point on, there have been differing opinions concerning the previously agreed contracts and the future form of cooperation.

Lul, is this history repeating self? ^^ Whom are they con'ing now? ^^

Unwanted

Horvatii

Unwanted
Here are the rules for free moneyz in Games Production from FFF Bayern
https://www.fff-bayern.de/fileadmin...e_Foerderung_digitaler_Spiele_ab_1.1.2018.pdf

Why doesnt the Codex interview Ceres Games GmbH on behalf of the Kickstarter backers about them? Use our own JarlFrank LUL, he can read and since he isnt working for them he is neutral!
Like the percentage of estimated funds required to finish the game according to 5.3.2 in the FFF rules.
Or the financing plan in 5.3.4.
The grant was given in March 2019. 27 February 2020, a day shy of 12 months the head of the studio steps down. Coincidence?

Unwanted

Horvatii

Unwanted
Btw, the owner that left Coreplay in 2012 (why? Codex interview now!) was Andreas Drude. A good artist, I dont wanna say great - his traditional stuff is better than digital. Works for Ubisoft BlueByte, worked on AssCreed 2016.
https://www.artstation.com/robert_andreas_drude

The current owner of CeresGames is Timothy Drude. Coincidence?

:Flash:

Arcane
Looks like he didnt want to be owner anymore :>
lnn7nBx.png
Being Managing Director and being owner are two completely separate things. Being managing director comes with a lot of bureaucratic responsibilities, and it might be better to have just one person shouldering that burden, so that the other one can focus on coding, especially if they have so few people.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom