Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

KickStarter Realms Beyond: Ashes of the Fallen - Chaos Chronicles reborn! - now in COMBAT BETA

Discussion in 'General RPG Discussion' started by Infinitron, Dec 21, 2017.

1. Horvatii Unwanted

Unwanted
    Not plausible, borderline laughable. Managing Director is a translation... They are literally 4 people right now, if that....
    Friend of mine is in a 2 man Webdev shop GmbH. Guess how much bureauctratic responsibilities he has over the year? Rounded down 0%.
    Legalese is handled by a ...drumdroll... lawyer.

• hopw roewur ne hopw roewur ne x 1
    • :( :( x 1
    • M'lady M'lady x 1
    • :M :M x 1
    ^ Top  
  2. Volrath Arcane Patron

Volrath
    It's vaporware, just accept that this game is cursed bros.

• Agree x 5
    • Despair x 3
    • No x 2
    • Edgy x 1
    • FAKE NEWS x 1
    • Yes x 1
    • [citation needed] x 1
    ^ Top  
  3. :Flash: Arcane

:Flash:
    I'm also the co-owner, but not Managing Director, of a GmbH.
    Yes, you can outsource all bureaucracy. Which means that in the end you have no idea what is going on in your company, and if your company grows you are stuck with huge bills, because that is how those outsourcing companies operate. And if your outsourced accountant fucks up something, you are still 100% responsible legally, even if you had 0% to do with it.
    So it kind of makes sense to reduce the number of Managing Directors for a company of 4 people. On the other hand it means that you have to go through the hassle and cost of making that official.
    I don't know what their reason is, all I'm saying is that it is not necessarily something bad.

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  4. The Wall Magister

The Wall
    They are financially....not good. BUT! they are very much alive and development is progressing. Apparently they are seducing right investor/publisher

Source: Discord channel

• Fabulously Optimistic x 2
    • Brofist x 1
    • Funny x 1
    • Salute x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • :M x 1
    ^ Top  
  5. agris Arcane Patron

agris
    :Flash: don’t burn effort trying to explain the obvious. The codex has a host of people who understand things from a theoretical perspective only, regardless of their (lack) of experience.

Horvatii i wish we had a “naive” or “virgin” button, your post above is a great candidate for it.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Yes Yes x 1
    ^ Top  
  6. Ranarama Learned

Ranarama
    I was hoping this game would come out, and get a take down from the Demons Age people. That would've been fucking hilarious.

• Prestigious Prestigious x 3
    • Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  7. rusty_shackleford Arcane

rusty_shackleford
    Game might be vaporware but at least they aren't Nazis. :shitposting:

• Funny x 5
    • Doggy x 2
    • [citation needed] x 1
    • Fabulously Optimistic x 1
    • Kitty x 1
    ^ Top  
  8. underground nymph Learned

underground nymph
    Discord lurkers are there any fresh news?

• Yes Yes x 1
    • it is a mystery it is a mystery x 1
    ^ Top  
  9. Horvatii Unwanted

Unwanted
    xDDDDDDDDDDDDDD xDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD literally the opposite wtf
    Yeah a dev that appropriated 200k tax money, fucked the publisher by wasting another 400k to 600k of their money on god knows what. Refused to release whatever unfinished trash they had.
    Dissolved the company. Now somehow got 100k tax money again! Con'ed retards like you to pay him 120k in Kikestarter bonds. Wasted that.
    Comms went dead silent for long stretches of time. Now they change company structure after 3 years for no reason at all! No wait, its cause being a managing director is overhead! Couldnt think of it for 3 years!
    Is now dicking you and other beliebers around with an unfinished g a m e that supposedly exists and is fun and playable lul.
    Also looking for a braindead publisher to siphon more money from!

I have a JPEG to sell you in the Starshitizen thread

• Brofist x 3
    • Edgy x 2
    • I found this text to be too long and as such I didn't read it x 2
    • Funny x 1
    • [citation needed] x 1
    • You have issues x 1
    • Shit x 1
    • (autism) x 1
    ^ Top  
  10. vazha Liturgist

vazha
    Someone should give this guy a shitposter tag already.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Yes Yes x 1
    • When words are not enough When words are not enough x 1
    ^ Top  
  11. Tigranes Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

Tigranes
    Every day, someone on the internet proves that it's possible to take a shot at some colossally indefensible clusterfuck, and STILL miss the mark and make yourself look even more stupid.

• Agree Agree x 4
    ^ Top  
  12. purpleblob Savant

purpleblob
    So, what's the news on discord?

• Funny Funny x 1
    ^ Top  
  13. Mortmal Arcane

Mortmal
    "
    HobGoblin42 15/05/2020
    The Combat Beta has been released
    Steam Keys have been sent to all our Combat Beta testers. Please check your spam folder"

Since then absolutely nothing, but is anyone really surprised ?

• Funny x 3
    • Despair x 2
    • Disagree x 1
    • decline x 1
    • FAKE NEWS x 1
    ^ Top  
  14. daveyd Savant

daveyd
    Recent comments about the (Steam Early Access) release date from the developers:

"Early 2021 is still the plan. With 'early' meaning any time during the first half of the year. We're not going to state any specific month because it would be talking out of our ass. We could roll a d12 and pick whichever month it gives us, that would be just as accurate.

We're still working on the game and will release it to EA when it's ready for that. We're not at a point where we can confidently give an exact ETA to the month.

Remember the constant changes of the Combat Beta release date? If we picked an arbitrary date now, this situation would likely repeat."

But also note that backers who pledged for an EA version will get it about a month or two before it starts selling on Steam to the general public. My guess is that the backer EA probably won't come out until next year. The programmer still has some bugs to fix in the combat beta and likely non-combat features that aren't fully implemented yet. Meanwhile writers / designers are still working on quests for the early part of the game.

• Brofist x 3
    • Thanks! x 2
    • Informative x 2
    • decline x 1
    • meh x 1
    ^ Top  
  15. The Wall Magister

The Wall
    Hmmm, delays give birth to delays. If we forgive delays to Cyberpunk 2077, so should we to Realms Beyond. Both teams had too big ambitions. Cyberpunk cut bunch of promised features while Realms Beyond significantly downsized playable map, keeping all promised gameplay features

I prefer Realms Beyond's way

^ Top  
  16. daveyd Savant

daveyd
    Technically I'm not even sure RB has downsized their playable map... Have they ever really revealed how big it was supposed to be? The game's world (Argaea) is quite large but the game is only taking place in a small part of it. Mainly one country (Cormac), though you can create characters who originate from the neighboring nations. If it sells well enough they want to make expansions that might expand the map to some of those other regions. But I think this was always the plan. It was never supposed to be the entire world or even the whole continent AFAIK.

• it is a mystery it is a mystery x 1
    ^ Top  
  17. The Wall Magister

The Wall
    Not sure, so don't quote me, but I believe we indeed never were supposed to have map of entire continent in first game but I seem to remember that initially much more then Cormac was supposed to be travelable. Might be wrong, of course

^ Top  
  18. daveyd Savant

daveyd
    Well, I'm not sure what they may have said about it years ago, but I found a comment from their lead writer in May on Discord:

"The initial release will only cover Cormac. Cormac itself features over 20-30 locations. There will be some bits of Kvenland in the 1.0 release (but not the entire realm). We plan to add other realms (Pyrrhenia, Wildlands, Kvenland, Sabag-Hirar) in expansions."

In the combat beta we can see a swamp region, a desert, and an icy area so at least it doesn't seem that lack of art assets are necessarily holding them back (Of course we don't know the full extent of the monsters and creatures they have created). And I still get the sense that they want the game to be pretty big (at least several dozens of hours for a playthrough) So it seems this decision may be more about having the world feel like a big place rather than them reducing the scope.

• Informative Informative x 1
    ^ Top  
  19. Tom Baker's Arse Learned

Tom Baker's Arse
    arguing over a title that will most likely never see the light of day - how futile is that ?

• Agree x 3
    • Edgy x 2
    • it is a mystery x 2
    • Disagree x 1
    • "It was Aliens" x 1
    • Slurp this person's delicious asshole x 1
    ^ Top  
  20. AbounI Colonist Patron

AbounI
    Can anyone connect to their site? Got a fatal error.

• incline incline x 1
    • "It was Aliens" "It was Aliens" x 1
    ^ Top  
  21. underground nymph Learned

underground nymph
    Works fine for me.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Thanks! Thanks! x 1
    ^ Top  
  22. Ontopoly Magister

Ontopoly
    But if it does see the light of day, this game will revolutionize the rpg industry.

• Fabulously Optimistic x 3
    • Brofist x 1
    • Funny x 1
    • Agree x 1
    • Disagree x 1
    • cool story bro x 1
    • cuck x 1
    ^ Top  
  23. Grunker RPG Codex Ghost Patron

Grunker
    You will believe a golden baby can fly

• incline incline x 4
    • cool story bro cool story bro x 2
    • nice nice x 1
    ^ Top  
  24. underground nymph Learned

underground nymph
    Revolutionize? Why?

^ Top  
  25. Citizen Arcane

Citizen
    What do you mean??? It will be the first TURN BASED FANTASY RPG ever!!:bounce::bounce:

• Funny Funny x 6
    • retadred retadred x 1
    ^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.