Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Reason for Tag?

V_K

Arcane
By the way, is there some place where all possible tags are listed? I'm too lazy to look for it without a quest compass.

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
My posts were never about AoD or about the fact that those two guys are AoD's fans. I have no problem with that.
My complain was about the fact that they are involved in dishonest debating about AoD and they are doing exactly what you are accusing me of doing - "shit up news and site feedback with your inane bullshit".
First of all, a disclaimer. I have no opinion on Underrail, good or bad, for I haven't played it. I do not care if anybody likes or hates that game. I have played AoD. I don't care about your opinion on AoD. In fact, I don't give a flying fuck about your opinion no matter the topic.

With that out of the way, I'll address the first point.

So, you're concerned about "dishonest debating." This is your kind of honest debate, I presume? You debate like a weasel, as though you had no honour, like a woman.

Also why don't you ask other members on this forum how they feel about it? Did they have constructive discussions with these two?

Lhynn
V_K
Mareus
Sizzle
gaussgunner
Jazz_
Tito Anic
Gangrelrumbler
Kev Inkline
Excidium II

Mainly because I dont want to.

Also in the original thread I used valid criticism against the game however I created a different thread once I realized that they both have an agenda.
You call that valid criticism. Let's have a look.

The game cannot be finished with a jack-of-all-trades character

False, I did so myself.

This means that once you started with some skills then you have to put points on those skills until the end of the game
Since you don't know what your talking about, you're just taking a hazardous guess here, in other words you pull this straight out of your ass. And you're wrong.

Your argument reeks with dishonesty: the multitude of the choices you are describing are actually close to ONE because they are based on your character stats which are the same for most part of the game.
One of my favorites. Complains that choices are tied to character stats. Lel.
Yes, instead of giving your character the choice between 4 different options for success no matter your stats (a la BioWare) with each of those leading to, you guess it, success, you actually have to have the required stats to unlock the choices. For some characters that means only one option is available, for others none.

AoD teleports but it doesn't telegraph shit.
Yes it does. The hints are often subtle though, and you don't seem to be able to recognize a subtle hint if you get one.

Nope. There are only two ways to beat the skill-checks: (1) trial-and-error approach and (2) meta-gaming.
As opposed to all the other RPGs where beating a check didn't require trial and error or meta knowledge, right?
The difference between the usual RPG and AoD is, 1) in AoD you can't go to a merchant and buy the potion of charisma or a hood of diplomacy +10 which let's you beat all checks no matter how many points you've invested and 2) failing a check might have actual dire consequences for your character because the default option - combat - might be too hard for that particular character in that situation.
Of course some games are aimed at making sure you cannot fail no matter what, like PoE.

So, I can't help but being in awe of your "honest debating" skills and you "valid criticisms." Then again, perhaps valid criticism means something different in Romanian and what you meant to say was you pulled a lot of bullshit straight out of your ass.

Let's wrap this up quickly for even now already I lament the minutes of my lifetime that got wasted because of answering in this thread.
You asked for my opinion here. And my opinion is that your efforts in uncovering VD's agenda to pay for people "shilling" on different forums, your tireless work of stalking Lurker King and Goral on other forums no sane person would frequent, you keeping track of them nefariously posting positive info about AoD, the truthfulness of which you actually cannot accurately assess for lack of knowledge of the game, your relentless denouncing of the malicious down-voting of UR at the hands of AoD cultist (which proved to be as spot on as the rest of your drivel), all this shall not go unrewarded. And the reward is the weasel and the safe space tag.

Goral

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
Wow VentilatorOfDoom, didn't expect that...
rating_salute.gif

brofist.png

Self-Ejected

Lurker King

Self-Ejected
The Real Fanboy
Shitposter would be more accurate for him.

Why? Because he defends games you don’t like? He always presents detailed argumentation and still have the patience to dig up all the relevant quotes, which is more than could be said about you lot.

How does toro's acceptance of his tags make VoD's justification for them any less facepalm-worthy?

So let’s say: tags in those people who praise games that I don’t like are always good. Tags in toro are bad because he is against those people. What is facepalm-worthy is your hypocrisy.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
My posts were never about AoD or about the fact that those two guys are AoD's fans. I have no problem with that.
My complain was about the fact that they are involved in dishonest debating about AoD and they are doing exactly what you are accusing me of doing - "shit up news and site feedback with your inane bullshit".
First of all, a disclaimer. I have no opinion on Underrail, good or bad, for I haven't played it. I do not care if anybody likes or hates that game. I have played AoD. I don't care about your opinion on AoD. In fact, I don't give a flying fuck about your opinion no matter the topic.

With that out of the way, I'll address the first point.

So, you're concerned about "dishonest debating." This is your kind of honest debate, I presume? You debate like a weasel, as though you had no honour, like a woman.

Also why don't you ask other members on this forum how they feel about it? Did they have constructive discussions with these two?

Lhynn
V_K
Mareus
Sizzle
gaussgunner
Jazz_
Tito Anic
Gangrelrumbler
Kev Inkline
Excidium II

Mainly because I dont want to.

Also in the original thread I used valid criticism against the game however I created a different thread once I realized that they both have an agenda.
You call that valid criticism. Let's have a look.

The game cannot be finished with a jack-of-all-trades character

False, I did so myself.

This means that once you started with some skills then you have to put points on those skills until the end of the game
Since you don't know what your talking about, you're just taking a hazardous guess here, in other words you pull this straight out of your ass. And you're wrong.

Your argument reeks with dishonesty: the multitude of the choices you are describing are actually close to ONE because they are based on your character stats which are the same for most part of the game.
One of my favorites. Complains that choices are tied to character stats. Lel.
Yes, instead of giving your character the choice between 4 different options for success no matter your stats (a la BioWare) with each of those leading to, you guess it, success, you actually have to have the required stats to unlock the choices. For some characters that means only one option is available, for others none.

AoD teleports but it doesn't telegraph shit.
Yes it does. The hints are often subtle though, and you don't seem to be able to recognize a subtle hint if you get one.

Nope. There are only two ways to beat the skill-checks: (1) trial-and-error approach and (2) meta-gaming.
As opposed to all the other RPGs where beating a check didn't require trial and error or meta knowledge, right?
The difference between the usual RPG and AoD is, 1) in AoD you can't go to a merchant and buy the potion of charisma or a hood of diplomacy +10 which let's you beat all checks no matter how many points you've invested and 2) failing a check might have actual dire consequences for your character because the default option - combat - might be too hard for that particular character in that situation.
Of course some games are aimed at making sure you cannot fail no matter what, like PoE.

So, I can't help but being in awe of your "honest debating" skills and you "valid criticisms." Then again, perhaps valid criticism means something different in Romanian and what you meant to say was you pulled a lot of bullshit straight out of your ass.

Let's wrap this up quickly for even now already I lament the minutes of my lifetime that got wasted because of answering in this thread.
You asked for my opinion here. And my opinion is that your efforts in uncovering VD's agenda to pay for people "shilling" on different forums, your tireless work of stalking Lurker King and Goral on other forums no sane person would frequent, you keeping track of them nefariously posting positive info about AoD, the truthfulness of which you actually cannot accurately assess for lack of knowledge of the game, your relentless denouncing of the malicious down-voting of UR at the hands of AoD cultist (which proved to be as spot on as the rest of your drivel), all this shall not go unrewarded. And the reward is the weasel and the safe space tag.

:abyssgazer:

Edit: Your answer is the most retarded answer you could possibly give as a moderator. Jesus Christ.

Goral

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
How does toro's acceptance of his tags make VoD's justification for them any less facepalm-worthy?
lol
First we should ask how did you go from what VentilatorOfDoom said to "he's handling out tags for people who hate on their favourite game"? Don't act like a retard.

And what are you, his advocate? Why are you even answering in this thread when this doesn't concern you? Toro said he doesn't care about the tags in his OP but he would like an answer, VentilatorOfDoom answered and this should be EOT. But this cuck can't even defend himself, he needs to call you, gaussgunner, Lhynn, Tito Anic, Mareus, Sizzle, Jazz_, Gangrelrumbler, Kev Inkline and Excidium II because he's too sensitive and needs a support group. I'm just pointing out his dishonesty and bullshitting, he's saying exact opposite thing than what he's thinking, e.g. (besides the "I don't care about the tags"):

Now, I don't blame Vault Dweller
/continues to blame VD and slander him in his next posts
I don't care if Vault Dweller is paying them
/right, so why does he even mention this AND suggest some unethical behaviour?
I actually tried to give them the benefit of the doubt.
lol
I don't really care if the mods will do something about it or not.
/continues to ask the mods to ban me and LK, later to give us tags, goes on creating another thread to cry
Goral is advertising himself as DR tester (aka Dungeon Rats tester) therefore his opinion on the game cannot be subjective. His relation with IronTower must be completely disclosed.
/lol Not only it's a lie (which VD has uncovered) but it's also dumb. Saying "advertising" when only a stalker like him noticed this, lol. He also failed to notice that Darth Roxor and many others also had "DR tester" tags.
They shilled on (...) rpgwatch (...) and others.
/Another lie.

1) They are part of you testing group which implies that you have off-forum conversations with them (mail, messenger and so on).

2) They used your forum to coordinate this kind of operation.

In fact in that thread Goral is spewing confidential information like this:

32858310325_e2b07d4d8e_o.png

How the fuck does he know that the game is not selling too well?

(...) 3) You were part of this operation - with intention or without intention. (...)

1) They shilled hard in the "The Age of Incline: RPG Codex's 2012-2016 GOTY Results" thread.

There are clues that vote manipulation took place and AoD was one of the games that profited the most.
/dumbfuck lies
You have a communication tool with them that is private (non-transparent) and also not available to regular AoD players therefore technically my statement is correct.
/technically and otherwise he's an imbecile, nothing would stop VD from contacting anyone via email or PMs here or IRC (join #aodcultists on irc.irchighway.net, password: "AoD>UR").

Goral What's your take on this?
And to answer your/OP question - promoting superb, obscure games is more than OK, spamming about RTwP/FPP popamole games made by studios with over 100 employees is not (and Obsidian until recently had about 200) since they don't need any amateurish promotion. Codex for some time now resembles some Obsidian/inXile fanpage.
I apologize for mentioning you in that post. I'm not really interested in your opinion ... about anything.
:D

I did not want to spend half a day on this crap
Posting it for lulz, if he really needed to spend half a day to write his shit then he deserves a dumbfuck tag.
Also in the original thread I used valid criticism against the game
Right, it was so valid that once I've responded to his post and exposed his idiotic claims and lies he got so butthurt that he created another thread dedicated to me and attacking me personally, not my arguments. Pathetic. And it's so like him to try and twist everything around:
My mistake was that I took Goral's bait and I exposed them in such an inept way that most posters dismissed my arguments and went after my persona instead.
I was answering to his baseless claims presenting sound arguments with actual arguments which proved he's talking out of his ass while he used "argumentum ad personam" and created another thread. Same thing happened on UR subforum where he admitted he agrees with me but started spouting lies anyway, lol.

I could go on and on but since most users will "tl;dr" it what's the point? Most of these lies I've exposed in the thread where toro posted them but no staff member besides VentilatorOfDoom and Scrooge bothered to read them.

Seriously though, if you don't see how retarded and petty he is and don't see the reason why VentilatorOfDoom gave toro these tags then you deserve dumbfuck tags yourselves.
:abyssgazer:

Edit: Your answer is the most retarded answer you could possibly give as a moderator. Jesus Christ.
Since you don't care about the tags why do you even care? Oh right, because you're a...

Last edited:

gaussgunner

Arcane
toro You got your answer. Your safe space tag marks you as one who goes against the grain. Wear it as a badge of honor. :salute:

I have to say, this has been... enlightening. I'm no stranger to obsessed fans but I'm always surprised at the lengths they go to. And, AOD truly has a cult following. Interesting stuff for an rpg developer. :D

Self-Ejected

an Administrator

Self-Ejected
Where expecting basics is considered perfectionism
I got a Tag. I don't want it to be removed but I would like to know why.

DarkUnderlord: Can you give me a reason?

It seems nobody from your team is able to provide a coherent explanation for my tags.

Not to mention VentilatorOfDoom's answer which disqualifies him from making any decisions on tags.

Will you consider removing my tags and end this charade?

What's wrong with the weasel tag?! It's cool

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
Not to mention VentilatorOfDoom's answer which disqualifies him from making any decision on tags.
How and why?

Tags should not be assigned based on the moderator's preference for one game or another because that's one form of forum moderator abuse power.

This form of abuse is enshrined in the codex's ToU: "No. Forum moderators reserve the right to give you the "dumbfuck!" or other tags if we feel you deserve it, whether you donated or not."

This is fine and dandy however I never realized that the moderation is so petty and that I will get tags because I criticized one of their favorite game. Which seems to be the case based on VentilatorOfDoom's answer.

What's wrong with the weasel tag?! It's cool

True ... but naah. I will probably self-eject which means that I will no longer post but I will keep the account active until Beautiful Desolation is released because I'm not so petty to ask for a refund.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom