Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Reason for Tag?

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
At this point I don't need a list to ignore them ;)
toro, why didn't you just put Goral and LK on ignore if they bug you so much?

Done.

Edit:
Aenra
He got so butthurt after you gave him your sound advice that he added you to his ignore list too :D.

Weasel1.jpg

Last edited:

drae

Augur
Guys, Toro is employing the logical fallacy 'argument by repetition' (also called proof by assertion), where a person or persons repeatedly states their assertion regardless of opposition. Your arguments will be countered with Toro's original assertion, your counter arguments will be countered with Toro's original assertion. He'll fling assertion out as facts and then repeat them ad nauseum without evidence.

Just ignore him.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
This man is prime speciment for kgb interrogations trainings, where they use rocks as a suspect. Endure. In enduring - grow strong to the 11.
Anyone want to be questioned by people who were trained on toro and rocks?
Me neither.

just tag the shit out of him and go to the whiskey bar

Last edited:

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
You are making it clear that you are not interested in any discussion on any matter with me. That's the only true thing you said in this thread.
All I said was true. You're the one lying and then demanding your lies shall be regarded as valid, because, after all, there is no officially appointed authority who decides what's valid or not (other than you of course). Derp.

And still we are here communicating. I think.
Yeah.

How can making a provably false statement be construed as valid criticism?
But you're not the one who decides what's valid or not.
No, telling a bunch of lies, that have been proven wrong already multiple times does not constitute valid criticism. Do you not understand the meaning of the word valid?
No, it's valid. You're not the authority on what's valid or not.
Hello, Mc Fly? Anybody home up there? Lights are permanently out? What you said is wrong, I know it, you know it, everybody knows it. It isn't valid because it is factually wrong.
No, that's way over your head. You can't decide what's valid or not.

That kind of exchange of words makes the outward impression as though it was communication, yes. But in actuality it's not. I mean, at that point it's obvious I'm getting trolled, right? Except in your case I'm certain you really are that dense.

You just proved my point that you had ulterior motive to tag me.
But of course. I - the guy who never talked shit about either of those games, who never downvoted either of those games, who never took part in any of the quarrels of you mouthbreathing fucktards in all that time - I'm the one with the ulterior motives. Why? Because I mentioned what others did. Others, who had, of course, only the best intentions.

By the way, as an admin on this forum or any other forum, your responsibilities are "to act as a neutral participant in a debate or discussion, holds participants to time limits and trying to keep them from straying off the topic of the questions being raised in the debate." - things you are clearly not capable of.
I'm sorry, but you can't decide what my job as an admin on this forum is. That's way over your head, dude.

If you are wondering why I don't take your bait is the fact that you are dishonest yourself by trying to derail this discussion toward AoD versus Underrail rivalry. It's not about that.

You were free to counter my arguments and call me a retard in that thread (by the way: I admitted being wrong then) but you are not supposed to use an administrative tool to punish me just because we disagree on a game's qualities. Capisci?
I don't punish you over disagreeing about a game's qualities. See? That's why included that disclaimer you failed to process in your turd for brains. When I said I don't care if you like or hate AoD I actually meant it. You can tell it from the fact that nobody ever got punished for not liking AoD.

I'm punishing you because you're a dumbfuck of epic proportions who demands action be taken against other users - because you disagree with them over a game - while you yourself display all those properties of which you accuse those others. I showed you your hypocrisy using the examples that YOU have linked. It's not my fault that your examples of "valid criticism" and your masterful debating prowess were about AoD.

Lame response.
It's only lame if I say it, of course, not when you say those exact words to others.

Honestly you are not in a position to make this type of statements. You are a embarrassment as a forum moderator.
Trust me, it crystal-clear to see for everybody who's the embarrassment.

And before you ask, yes I am the officially appointed authority on who is a gigantic dumbfuck and who isn't. I have a paper that says so.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
You are making it clear that you are not interested in any discussion on any matter with me. That's the only true thing you said in this thread.
All I said was true. You're the one lying and then demanding your lies shall be regarded as valid, because, after all, there is no officially appointed authority who decides what's valid or not (other than you of course). Derp.

And still we are here communicating. I think.
Yeah.

How can making a provably false statement be construed as valid criticism?
But you're not the one who decides what's valid or not.
No, telling a bunch of lies, that have been proven wrong already multiple times does not constitute valid criticism. Do you not understand the meaning of the word valid?
No, it's valid. You're not the authority on what's valid or not.
Hello, Mc Fly? Anybody home up there? Lights are permanently out? What you said is wrong, I know it, you know it, everybody knows it. It isn't valid because it is factually wrong.
No, that's way over your head. You can't decide what's valid or not.

That kind of exchange of words makes the outward impression as though it was communication, yes. But in actuality it's not. I mean, at that point it's obvious I'm getting trolled, right? Except in your case I'm certain you really are that dense.

You just proved my point that you had ulterior motive to tag me.
But of course. I - the guy who never talked shit about either of those games, who never downvoted either of those games, who never took part in any of the quarrels of you mouthbreathing fucktards in all that time - I'm the one with the ulterior motives. Why? Because I mentioned what others did. Others, who had, of course, only the best intentions.

By the way, as an admin on this forum or any other forum, your responsibilities are "to act as a neutral participant in a debate or discussion, holds participants to time limits and trying to keep them from straying off the topic of the questions being raised in the debate." - things you are clearly not capable of.
I'm sorry, but you can't decide what my job as an admin on this forum is. That's way over your head, dude.

If you are wondering why I don't take your bait is the fact that you are dishonest yourself by trying to derail this discussion toward AoD versus Underrail rivalry. It's not about that.

You were free to counter my arguments and call me a retard in that thread (by the way: I admitted being wrong then) but you are not supposed to use an administrative tool to punish me just because we disagree on a game's qualities. Capisci?
I don't punish you over disagreeing about a game's qualities. See? That's why included that disclaimer you failed to process in your turd for brains. When I said I don't care if you like or hate AoD I actually meant it. You can tell it from the fact that nobody ever got punished for not liking AoD.

I'm punishing you because you're a dumbfuck of epic proportions who demands action be taken against other users - because you disagree with them over a game - while you yourself display all those properties of which you accuse those others. I showed you your hypocrisy using the examples that YOU have linked. It's not my fault that your examples of "valid criticism" and your masterful debating prowess were about AoD.

Lame response.
It's only lame if I say it, of course, not when you say those exact words to others.

Honestly you are not in a position to make this type of statements. You are a embarrassment as a forum moderator.
Trust me, it crystal-clear to see for everybody who's the embarrassment.

And before you ask, yes I am the officially appointed authority on who is a gigantic dumbfuck and who isn't. I have a paper that says so.

Whatever dude. Add one more tag to show that you are not butthurt.

kris

Arcane
By the way, as an admin on this forum or any other forum, your responsibilities are "to act as a neutral participant in a debate or discussion, holds participants to time limits and trying to keep them from straying off the topic of the questions being raised in the debate."
You've been here eight years and you apparently know nothing about Codex.

Just self-eject already.

The codex? Try every forum ever made.

Of course most people consider someone that agree with them as being "neutral".

that said, I am a bit puzzled about toro's claim that admins should keep time limits. this is some new aspect I never heard about before.

Lazing Dirk

Arcane
that said, I am a bit puzzled about toro's claim that admins should keep time limits. this is some new aspect I never heard about before.

Probably because he copy-pasted that from the first line of this wikipedia article, which is about moderating live talks between parties, which would require time limits to be enforced. Sadly this has about as much in common with the average forum discussion as a shamwow advert has with a 1920s silent film.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
By the way, as an admin on this forum or any other forum, your responsibilities are "to act as a neutral participant in a debate or discussion, holds participants to time limits and trying to keep them from straying off the topic of the questions being raised in the debate."

Just self-eject already.

That is one of the definitions that I found by using google (it's a simple copy-paste). You can find other definitions but they are more or less the same.

At no point did I ask for time limits and I was not explicit about that because I thought everybody agrees on the other two: "to act as a neutral participant in a debate or discussion" and "trying to keep them from straying off the topic of the questions being raised in the debate".

I quoted the entire definition because I did not want to be blamed for making up stuff. But it doesn't matter at this point ...

Last edited:

Scruffy

Ex-janitor
Patron
Codex 2012 Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014
4 pages of a long spastic fit of autistic rage
will toro collect ALL tags by page 10?
stay with us to find out!

Somberlain

Arcane
Zionist Agent

Just self-eject already.

That is one of the definitions that I found by using google (it's a simple copy-paste). You can find other definitions but they are more or less the same.

At no point did I require time limits and I was not explicit about that because I thought everybody agrees on the other two: "to act as a neutral participant in a debate or discussion" and "trying to keep them from straying off the topic of the questions being raised in the debate".

I quoted the entire definition because I did not want to be blamed for making up stuff. But it doesn't matter at this point ...

:what:

Are you seriously suggesting that there are some universal forum rules that every site is obligated to follow? That's especially baffling when Codex is (in)famous for being a cesspool so different from your average web community.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik

Just self-eject already.

At no point did I require time limits and I was not explicit about that because I thought everybody agrees on the other two: "to act as a neutral participant in a debate or discussion" and "trying to keep them from straying off the topic of the questions being raised in the debate".

:what:

Are you seriously suggesting that there are some universal forum rules that every site is obligated to follow? That's especially baffling when Codex is (in)famous for being a cesspool so different from your average web community.

There are no universal rules that every site is obligated to follow. Learn to read and bait properly.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
By the way, as an admin on this forum or any other forum, your responsibilities are...

There are no universal rules that every site is obligated to follow...

840067ebd5.png

My statement was an example and not a generalization. Although I understand that I did not choose the best way to express myself and you can interpret it as a generalization.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom