Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recommend me a Coop Game

Helton

Arcane
I want to play a game with my wife. She doesn't have much gaming background. We played minecraft for a bit, which she tolerated, but something became corrupted and the server crashes now. She played some Underrail on her own and enjoyed that quite a bit. Seems to have poor twitch skills so an FPS should have an easy mode if recommended.

Also, somewhat old games are better, our pcs aren't the best. Couldn't do D:OS for instance.

Thanks in advance, men!

The Decline

Arcane
MAME + Capcom beat em ups = good time for all

Magicka
Castle Crashers
Portal 2

That's all I can think of at the moment.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
Download a Neo Geo/Arcade emulator. Pretty much all games have co-op, cool graphics and music, and are better than the garbage you find nowadays. The only downside is the incredible amount of shitty beat em ups.

markec

Twitterbot
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Dead State Project: Eternity Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
You could try Borderlands which is fun when playing coop, and its not hard.

Diablo is also a good choice.

Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected
MAME + Capcom beat em ups = good time for all
Download a Neo Geo/Arcade emulator. Pretty much all games have co-op, cool graphics and music, and are better than the garbage you find nowadays. The only downside is the incredible amount of shitty beat em ups.
I used to play arcade emulator on the same keyboard with my brother. Good times.

Would've been better with a naked chick though so there's your opportunity.

Churrasco

Augur
Patron
Wasteland 2
If you like boardgames you could try Tales of the Arabian Nights and/or Eldritch Horror

Daemongar

Arcane
Codex Year of the Donut
I want to play a game with my wife. She doesn't have much gaming background. We played minecraft for a bit, which she tolerated, but something became corrupted and the server crashes now. She played some Underrail on her own and enjoyed that quite a bit. Seems to have poor twitch skills so an FPS should have an easy mode if recommended.
Are you playing a hosted server, or just sharing one of the players worlds? That is, are you running the Minecraft Server independently, or sharing a session? If it is the server crashing, can't you reinstall it and then create a new world? Or are you kind of tied to that one world? Could be that your Minecraft server software is old while your minecraft clients were updated?

Also, somewhat old games are better, our pcs aren't the best. Couldn't do D:OS for instance.

Thanks in advance, men!

You could play Terreria. At first, I thought it was a cheap 2D Minecraft clone, but it's grown pretty far beyond its initial stages with a staggering amount of crafting and challenge. I've played with 3 others at the same time and it's pretty cool building a house together. Should run fine even on a low end PC.

Helton

Arcane
Thanks for the recommendations, will try some of these.

For the minecraft I had a server client running on my PC. Crashing started when we got too far away from eachother, so it may have been a RAM issue. But yeah we were a bit attached to the world.

free999enigma

Learned
Gang Beasts,Broforce,Project Zomboid,Move or Die,TableTop Simulator,Rocket League,Serious Sam,Magicka,Rising of Rain,Awesomenauts,BlazeRush,Shank,Relic Hunters Zero.

After you play all this games, comeback to me for more recommendations :D

Trine, Terraria, Magicka, any of the Lego games, Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light, Castle Crashers, Double Dragon Neon, Guacamelee, Saints Row 3/4, Portal 2 co-op if yr machines are ok w that

all of these have my not-much-of-a-gamer missus' approval for co-op good times

Daemongar

Arcane
Codex Year of the Donut
For the minecraft I had a server client running on my PC. Crashing started when we got too far away from eachother, so it may have been a RAM issue. But yeah we were a bit attached to the world.
Are you taking the defaults for the server memory usage? You may want to override that. I've hosted a few servers in the past, and it makes a huge difference in modifying the startup. Something like the below. If your system has 8Gb or more, allocating 2Gb to the server won't make much difference in the gameplay, but will have a big impact on the server. Even if you have only 4Gb on your system, the Minecraft server defaults to around 100Mb of memory usage - barely anything. Dedicating 512Mb to that server should at least help.

java -Xms1024M -Xmx2048M -jar minecraft_server.1.8.jar

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom