Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recommend me a cRPG blobber like Mordor/Demise

flabbyjack

Arcane
First, let me say I am not a huge fan of the first-person tile based blobber games, although I have played several... Might & Magic X, Legend of Grimrock I/II, one of the Wizardry titles. But we have a problem! None of the titles I am aware of quite scratches that blobber itch that I have.

After referencing Felipepe's cRPG history book, I saw a childhood favorite of mine -- Mordor. So I go download the free remake of the latest version of Demise, Mordor's sequel (Now without LotR infringing titles!). It's wonderful. Lots of fun. However, the interface is clunky and a quite dated, I'm almost tempted to grab the source code and update the UI with new inventory screens, drag and drop support, etc.

I want a grindaholic cRPG blobber with a massive dangerous dungeon filled with all sorts of unfair traps and a town hub to buy/sell items, receive quests, etc. Do any of the blobbers of the past 10+ years fit the bill? Large worlds with different towns are nice sometimes, but those dungeons are pathetic and tiny.

Plz halp.

temp-demise.jpg

* Glorious glorious Demise

Martyr

Arcane
- blobber
- hub town
- massive, dangerous dungeons
- released in the past 10 years

we've got a winner! Elminage Gothic, a japanese non-anime Wizardry 1 style blobber!

2014-09-08_00050.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom