Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recommend me a mobile game to play with someone else

Hi guys.

So, I'm sitting here in quarantine, no Computer. Want to play some simple two-player games on phone with a certain someone else.

I tried a bunch of chess and UNO programs and nothing worked.

Could you guys please help me?

Here's what I'm needing:

- Smartphone game. Nothing big or needing a beefy phone.

- For Android and iOs both, with crossplay

- Something I can play with another person.

That's all. Thanks, guys!

Enviado de meu moto e5 play usando o Tapatalk

BrotherFrank

Nouveau Riche
Patron
The crossplay part is what is giving me trouble.

Maybe Starbase Orion? It’s a moo2 like for mobile devices, and you can play it multiplayer on a single device, just ain’t 100% about crossplay.

Otherwise thinking maybe war robots, it has microtransactions and other mobile cancer but seems to fill all your criteria.

Reality

Learned
Look for the port of the Boardgame "Avalon Hill's Titan"

I think the currently supported one is just "Titan HD"

PUBG, the singular most impressive thing I've seen on a smartphone so far

You won't get 60fps or Ultra HDR like you would on a flagship iPhone/Samsung, but it should work on low I guess

someone else

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
So, I'm sitting here in quarantine, no Computer. Want to play some simple two-player games on phone with a certain someone else.

Yes please help us.
rating_shittydog.gif

Catacombs

Arcane
Patron

You won't get 60fps or Ultra HDR like you would on a flagship iPhone/Samsung, but it should work on low I guess
Fortnite, while beyond stupid, has better mobile performance for the same type of Battle Royale game.

Fortnite, while beyond stupid, has better mobile performance for the same type of Battle Royale game.

The main problem is that Fortnite is an incredibly twitchy and spastic game, especially when shit hits the fan during a shootout, while necessarily being free aim at that. I cannot imagine playing it on a console pad, let alone touchscreen. Well, it's arguably easier there since everyone else is just as gimped and clunky, but still.

PUBG otoh is a different beast that plays much better to "mobile" strengths, when so much of a game encourages carefully laying low, not giving away your position by smoothly proning through the grass and limiting your shots to a minimum, instead of jumping around and building walls and stairs on a 360 axis. It's also much better & more fun use of touchscreens, incredibly precise in their touch input, to carefully line up that perfect sniper headshot, than it is to spin around frantically.

Catacombs

Arcane
Patron
PUBG otoh is a different beast that plays much better to "mobile" strengths, when so much of a game encourages carefully laying low, not giving away your position by smoothly proning through the grass and limiting your shots to a minimum, instead of jumping around and building walls and stairs on a 360 axis. It's also much better & more fun use of touchscreens, incredibly precise in their touch input, to carefully line up that perfect sniper headshot, than it is to spin around frantically.

I remember playing PUBG and the anxiety of needing to be extra careful. That was fun. Then, the bugs hit and the game became unplayable. I wonder if things have improved. I haven't played in years.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom