Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recommend me something :(

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Yeah I can't remember if the 3rd one was Arcanum or BG2. Fallout and PST are solid and excellent. If it was me, 3rd would be Bloodlines (but I'm a story fag and I love the VtM setting)... :oops:

EDIT: Found it https://rpgcodex.net/content.php?id=9453 Fallout 2 in 2014. Ahh the good old days. The 3rd place in our Holy Trinity™ jumps around a bit year to year. Fallout and PST still and always will remain. :salute:

Last edited:

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Yeah I can't remember if the 3rd one was Arcanum or BG2. Fallout and PST are solid and excellent. If it was me, 3rd would be Bloodlines (but I'm a story fag and I love the VtM setting)... :oops:

EDIT: Found it https://rpgcodex.net/content.php?id=9453 Fallout 2 in 2014. Ahh the good old days. The 3rd place in our Holy Trinity™ jumps around a bit year to year. Fallout and PST still and always will remain. :salute:
All the good games are storyfag. Combatfagz don't have a single good game.

Axel_am

Exploring and Enjoying
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Domat, maybe this will be easier if you tell us some of your favorite games.

Bastardchops

Augur
Patron

TOEE is a combatfag win.

Modron

Arcane
ToEE's combat was never hard enough nor encounters varied enough to be challenging and you have to further avoid enchantment to not imbalance it even worse. There is some fun low level encounters but once you head towards the Temple itself combat is mostly autopilot.

Alter Sack

Magister
Reading only the thread topic I wanted to recommend suicide. :smug:

But alas it seems you are looking for a game to play.

How about Outer Wilds?

It should scratch your exploration itch.

Crispy

I feel... young!
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
once you head towards the Temple itself combat is mostly autopilot
Complete and utter horse shit.

The only way you're going to trivialize the vast majority of encounters in the Temple proper is if you twink and powergame and min/max your characters to the limit. Hell, one of the first encounters there, before you even actually enter the Temple, is so difficult and so overwhelming many players just give the fuck up.

If you have some working knowledge of 3E AD&D and you go into the game relatively blindly, ToEE can and will be one of the most engaging and unforgettable games any enjoyer of RPGs will ever have the pleasure of completing. If you, on the other hand, are playing it for the fifth time, you've exploited every loophole you know about, you already have that particular sword, and you've taken every feat and class combination that you can to make the game easy, then, well, it's going to be easy.

But at that point, you've ironically already proven the difficulty (and thus worth) of the game.

And, first-timers, good luck in the nodes...

TheCumGuzzler

Educated

Underrail?

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao

Underrail?
Is totalfag game :) ,have good story,good exploration and decent combat.

Ash

Arcane

Too right. Storyfaggots had a huge presence on this site back in its formative years it seems. Gameplayfag games appear lower in the lists, even if they have a great story.

This is peak decline if you ask me.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom