Official RPG Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Recommendable Civ4 Mods?

Discussion in 'Strategy and Simulation' started by BING XI LAO, Oct 4, 2018.

1. Niggerino Scholar

Niggerino
    I'm trying to play Caveman2Cosmos and its seriously pissing me off. First the fucking animals keep spawning everywhere. I have to not only have a wall of units at my borders but also need sentries inside my borders to hunt the fuckers. This thing alone is making me hate the whole genre. Secondly, there's way too many techs and most of them do nothing. Just look at this shit
    Show Spoiler
    [​IMG]

Thirdly, there are so many buildings that you can build that at some point you just let the AI do it. And 90% of these have no upkeep and just give you a tiny bonus. Dogshit! There's also 9000 resources, and again most of them are irrelevant. Like, you build a booger hut and you get one booger resource.

• Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  2. The Brazilian Slaughter Arcane

The Brazilian Slaughter
    Use Spearmen and Chaser/Tracker/Hunter units to take care of those. Hunting is like free resources once you do it right. A small group of hunting and defense units is ideal, to take care of things like barbarian attacks. Honestly what you want is to subdue them in order to turn them into Myths, Stories, Governor's Pets, Army Mascots, etc. You can even use them to increase happiness and such, through to me that seems like something to do if you have too many subdued animals.

Pretty sure they do, almost every tech enables something, building, promotion, civic, wonder, conceptual "building"...

True. I think its kind of a limiter thing for certain buildings, could be wrong.
    Personally, I think the meta of building is to go for hammers as priority. Food early on is pretty much a unit production resource early because your first military civics use food to produce, and cities take so damn long to grown until you get some more advanced civics, but you can't use hammers to build more buildings, so hammers first.

Also, reminder you can totally build more than one unit at once, if you got the hammers for it. A high-hammer city can crank out a lot of units.

^ Top  
  3. Niggerino Scholar

Niggerino
    Look, I already have all the myths and now I just want to be left alone and not have enemy units spawning inside of my borders. Its driving me crazy. I have started burning down all the forests and jungles but they keep on spawning.

Yeah the techs enable certain things but most of the time nothing important.

^ Top  
  4. coldcrow Prophet Patron

coldcrow
    Umm.
    Hammers > everything else. Rush Hunting techs to enable the better hunter units. then build them and if you are totally lazy, set on automate hunting, though sometimes you need to manually move them in a certain region to get better results. Inspect when buildings become obsolete, you can skip alot of the early crappy food buildings for example.
    Hunting will take care of science (myths).
    Try to get Neanderthal culture by running slavery or whatever the civic enabling capturing is called, you can build neanderthal units then for +1 str, which is huge.
    Create a building plan for new cities (like all good prod buildings, essential other stuff etc) then hover over building part and save with ctrl + number. Load by hovering and press #. You can also select more than one city in the nat overview window and apply the building plan to the selected ones.
    Use the free buildings/effects from civil units (bard,healer,enforcer etc). In fact don't build only a few units as some suggest, you have so much money and the unit limits are so generous that unit building is almost always better than +1 food or whatever (once you have the essential infrasctucure up).

PS: Oh and if animals are annyoing you, there is a starting option to disable spawning inside borders.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2021
    ^ Top  
  5. Arrowgrab Arbiter

Arrowgrab
    It's Caveman2Cosmos. It's autism incarnate. If you're not man enough, then don't play it.

• Yes Yes x 1
    ^ Top  
  6. Niggerino Scholar

Niggerino
    That's great, thanks for the advice.

^ Top  
  7. JarlFrank I like Thief THIS much Patron

JarlFrank
    There's a custom setting to disable animals from even crossing into players' borders. Kinda like how the Great Wall wonder disallows barbarians to cross your borders. It's very useful.

^ Top  
  8. JarlFrank I like Thief THIS much Patron

JarlFrank
    Also, if you don't enjoy going through a million techs and having a thousand buildings and units with minor differences to build, all of which may have some obscure use like reducing disease or crime rate, C2C is not the game for you.

It's a massive kitchen sink mod for people who enjoy that kind of fuckhueg variety.

^ Top  
  9. Niggerino Scholar

Niggerino
    Yeah... I tried to continue playing but couldn't even finish 10 turns.

^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.