Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recommendations for the GOTY 2021 thread

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Sooo the end of the years comes near. Maybe in 20ish days i will be making the GOTY thread. Sooo as we all agreed a year ago,here is the thread for recommendations.

Any suggestions for rpgs that should be on the GOTY list when i make it?

Sooo the thread is more for the indies or the ones that most people haven't heard about. From this year only. All the big and well known rpg will be on the list anyway.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Well the thread is about which RPGs that you would want to see on the list. All the big names will be there. This is more for the indi ones.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
I try to limit the amount of jrpgs to only a few that could actually have an impact. Will see what kind of jrpgs are there when i sit and make the list.

EDIT: lol nioh 2 is 2020 game.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
look up the amount of pages in the respective discussion threads.
:nocountryforshitposters:

LoL no,had avoided entering the jrpg subforum for the last 4 years. Don't intent of breaking the tradition now. Tho i most likely will add it. But the focus of me list is on CRPGs since the site is all about that.

SpaceWizardz

Liturgist
I can't even remember what I've played besides Wrathfinder and Encased (lol).
I did buy Trudograd thinking I'd finally get around to finishing ATOM before playing it, the problem being this is my 3rd time trying to finish ATOM and I haven't touched the game in about a month now.

Tihskael

Learned
There can only be one.

Cyberpunk-memes-Ft-768x432.jpg

whydoibother

Arcane
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
Out of games that released in 2021, I probably liked Loop Hero the most. Or Inscryption. But both are games you go through in under 20 hours, and then have no reason to play again.
I'd still nominate them, and my third would be Valheim. Played it a bunch, and would revisit it when it gets more updates to expand it.

Nortar

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Urtuk: The Desolation
Inferno - Beyond the 7th Circle
The Protagonist: EX-1

Of them only Urtuk is the only more or less qualifying contender.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom