Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recommended Europa Universalis III Mods?

I found the complete set on Steam, bought it, and have it currently installing.

However, I've heard alot about the failures of Vanilla, and mods are considered to be near mandatory to get the best out of the game.

My question is, which ones are the greatest, the true Ubersmensch among the hordes of Untersmensch?

death & taxes for "divine wind". it just sort of improves vanilla.
magna mundi if you're able to play with "heir to the throne" only. it's almost a complete different game, 10 times deeper, sadly i own eu3 on steam and i can't play with httt :(

death & taxes for "divine wind". it just sort of improves vanilla.
magna mundi if you're able to play with "heir to the throne" only. it's almost a complete different game, 10 times deeper, sadly i own eu3 on steam and i can't play with httt :(

Damn, I also bought the game on Steam. Oh well.

I'm developing and playtesting it right now. However, it is an alternate history mod.

:M

If you want something historical:

http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/index.php?threads/mare-apertum.74553/

Thanks. I'm interested in alt history too, can you share the link?

TripJack

Hedonist
1. download eu3 'complete' from torrent site
2. install the game and the mare apertum mod
3. ???
4. enjoy supreme incarnation of eu3

it ain't piracy if you already own the game bro

Pantalones

Prospernaut
http://speedy.sh/4fXtm/ShiningTears1…-2InNomine.rar

I use In Nomine because Divine Wind kind of stinks. It makes everything too easy, and there's too many lame things like army of 100 taking down an army of 100,000 if they have no morale.

1. Harder. It's a lot harder especially when you blob up. Magna Mundi has a pretty simple/lame mechanic to punish blobbing but I made missions for AI to attack threats much more often.

2. Fix annoyances. Lots of things changed to not work so poorly. You get a lot less revolt spam, but you have more likelihood of serious revolts you can't negotiate out of.

3. Province development and decline. Industries and supplies can peter out. New ones can be found. There's events to slowly raise the tax base over time (and more quickly in capitols and trade centers) and disasters that can utterly wipe them out.

4. Muslims have sectarian violence - if they have wrong religion provinces they spawn rebels of BOTH kinds over time. I had to turn it down because the more eastern christians were being muslimized, but a little of it makes things more interesting.

5. More special missions, and special missions come up much more. Missions to conquer the med are available for both christians and muslims. Large muslim countries can get missions to gain a foothold in europe or conquer rome for example. So you have more chance for interesting conflict to occur instead of following same boring path.

6. Less scripted. Most discovery missions are based more on circumstances than on what country you are playing. So there is more of a race to discover/colonize/conquer various areas, as there was historically.

There's actually too many changes to list. It makes the game feel a lot more 'natural' to me, overall. Less dead and less predictable, and not as many useless spam events. I hope a few people will play it, but if not, not.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom