Official RPG Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Recommended games

Discussion in 'Site Feedback' started by Chadeo, Dec 10, 2002.

1. Chadeo Liturgist

Chadeo
    I think this would be a useful section to have on the site. Don't bother ranking the games, just list a handful of RPGs that you think people will enjoy. Perhaps break it down into sections like "New", "Classic", and "Independent" or something.

Just a thought.

You could add a forum or topic for user suggestions as well.

^ Top  
  2. Constipated Craprunner Erudite

Constipated Craprunner
    Chicago. And damn anyone who is not the same.
    Well, these are the sure ones-
    Fallout 1
    Planescape: Torment
    Avernum 1-3
    Prelude to Darkness
    Geneforge
    System Shock 1&2
    Most of the pre 8 Ultimas
    Thief 1&2
    Probably Morrowind
    Nethack
    Falcon's Eye

^ Top  
  3. Rosh Erudite

Rosh
    All of the Avernum games are good, and I'd also have to say any pre-Ultima 8 games.

^ Top  
  4. Spazmo Erudite

Spazmo
    CCR, this has been bugging me for a while: it's Morrowind, not Morrorwind.

Aside from that, there's a fun game called ragging on NWN that people around here play a lot.

^ Top  
  5. Section8 Erudite

Section8
    Get Prelude to Darkness. Get it! Get it now!

Also go and get some Spiderweb games.

^ Top  
  6. Constipated Craprunner Erudite

Constipated Craprunner
    I already did. How could you miss it?
    Not aware of other Spirderware games.
    Why should I, an American from the 21st century be restricted to the grahmarical limitations of some dead nobility from the 18th? As long as I get the idea across, it has no meaning. Language is about getting ideas across. Simple, good.
    Whatever. I don’t have time to get into this argument, and thanks for the heads up. I will try to stop writing it that way.

^ Top  
  7. Rosh Erudite

Rosh
    You only had Avernum 3 there the first time.

^ Top  
  8. Gimp Mask Augur

Gimp Mask
  9. Constipated Craprunner Erudite

Constipated Craprunner
    Exactly- Spelling has nothing to do with one's ideas, but at the same time it is an immideate judge of people. For the most part of history, higher Gramr has been an insto-classist test.
    If I where to tell you "I think that fallout is stupid", you would put more volidity into that person's opinon than if someone says "Dudez I thikn terefor I are, terefor mi idae haz a univerrse".
    IT is completly unfair, let alone awful.
    Also, in many ways you could examine the history of language along with the development of classes- just look at Greek, or the Romantic languages. For thousands of years they where needlessly complex primarily to distinguish between the diffirent sects (weather they are slaves and Priests or MAcedonians and Spartans). Now, however, language has become more accesable.
    While I realize that basic gramr is absolutley essential (you would not understand me if I was writing in $#!%^#%#$^#$s), most of it is not.
    Although this idea probably developed due to my clinging to Orthodox Socalisim at a young age, but I still belive it is largely true.
    Anyway, could I add Mideval? IT appears that I am developing an official list.

^ Top  
  10. Jed Cipher

Jed
    The first time I beat Morrowind, I made a post to the appropriate ForumPlanet board entitled:

I AM TEH NECTARINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111!!1

Sassiness for sassiness' sake.

J

^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.