Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Red Cross: Civilians in Video Games Have Rights Too!!

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
They better not learn what I've been up to in Syndicate...

Or Carmageddon...

Or Lemmings...

Or... well, crap.

Aldebaran

Erudite
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
If it can throw Kotick into the modern day Nuremberg trials, it sounds like a net gain to me.

I think that they should really worry about freedom of speech first, though. Most of the byte people have no choice but to read the script that they have been handed. And the material they're forced to work with? No thanks. I'll pass.

Skittles

He ruins the fun.
Oh, fucking Kotaku.

Red Cross is just talking about more realism.

Maybe if they actually do something effective we can have fun FPS again instead of highly polished shit.

Menckenstein

Lunacy of Caen: Todd Reaver
Pretty sure the Red Cross need to answer for their allegiance with Umbrella Corporation or something. Hypocrite assholes.

deuxhero

Arcane
Rainbow Six?

Rainbow doesn't officially exist and it fights non-uniformed forced. Pretty hard to officially violate it.

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin
I wonder about the number of people involved in this. By "Red Cross", do they mean a large number in the organisation or just a few who are concerned about video games? If I'm not mistaken, Kotaku writers get paid by the number of visits on their articles, so it makes sense for them to blow things out of proportions, and if the subject is controversial, it might spawn a heated discussion, which means more visits.

Elim

Augur
Project: Eternity
Why are people so damn stupid? No wonder everything goes downhill.

sea

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Gragt said:
I wonder about the number of people involved in this. By "Red Cross", do they mean a large number in the organisation or just a few who are concerned about video games? If I'm not mistaken, Kotaku writers get paid by the number of visits on their articles, so it makes sense for them to blow things out of proportions, and if the subject is controversial, it might spawn a heated discussion, which means more visits.
Reading the article, that's exactly what it sounds like. For all we know it was 3 crackpot members having a discussion, but they curiously avoid specifics and instead cast it as the entire Red Cross in the headline. Kotaku are pretty notorious for bending the truth and reporting information they know is bad, only to "apologize" later, so this doesn't surprise me in the least.

BLOBERT

FUCKING SLAYINGN IT BROS
Patron
Codex 2012
BRO I KILLED 60 MILLION PLUS IN DEFCON ONCE TONIGHT AND I ALMOSY FELT BAD BUT THEN I REMEMBERED IT WAS FUN

kris

Arcane
While the Movement works vigorously to promote international humanitarian law worldwide, there is also an audience of approximately 600 million gamers who may be virtually violating IHL,

I see a virtual lawsuit coming up.

In computer and video games, violence is often shown and the players become 'virtually violent.

Would be grand with a game were you can virtually kill the red cross. I sense much butthurt in that one.

Phelot

Arcane
Video Game Journalists: Defenders of Gamer's Freedumbz!

"Guyz we may suck the dicks of every major publisher out there, but we'll lay down our lives against the evils of moms and church groups that threaten to take away our gamez!"

WhiteGamer

Educated
BLOBERT said:
BRO I KILLED 60 MILLION PLUS IN DEFCON ONCE TONIGHT AND I ALMOSY FELT BAD BUT THEN I REMEMBERED IT WAS FUN

I killed 100 million people in Armored Core: For Answer, and they didn't just die, entire nations lived in giant airships and they all fell to their deaths when I took out the engines of the airships.

J1M

Arcane
As long as the laws and trials surrounding virtual war crimes are virtual...

Knowing that I am committing a war crime only makes my penis harder as I violate these innocent virgin pixels.

How far does this go though? Does slaughtering 1000 zerglings equate to killing 1000 real people?

Only if it shows the slaughter on screen.

*nukes Megaton, the two kids inside become dust in the wind*

*zero fucks given*

*killable children mod is released*

butthurt_everywhere_LOL-s600x493-128662-580.png

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom