Official RPG Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Red Dead Redemption 2 - now available on PC

Discussion in 'General Gaming' started by Morgoth, Oct 16, 2016.

1. Ezekiel Magister

Ezekiel
    I can't believe you can't save wild horses in Red Dead Online. Feels like such a fundamental part. Greedy swine.

I can't even sell wild horses?! What have I been pulling the extra one along for this whole time?

^ Top  
  2. PorkyThePaladin Arcane

PorkyThePaladin
    I dunno what you are arguing about, BOTH RDR2 and GTA V were utter shit. Rockstar went from a company that made somewhat shallow but enjoyable games (Vice City, San Andreas, GTA IV) to some hipsterish outfit that makes terrible shit.

• Brofist x 7
    • No x 2
    • retadred x 2
    • Agree x 1
    • Disagree x 1
    • Edgy x 1
    • Yes x 1
    • butthurt x 1
    • Someone has issues x 1
    ^ Top  
  3. Ezekiel Magister

Ezekiel
    Hey, why is my scrawny nag (starter horse) showing up in online free roam but my purchased horse is showing in missions? I cannot remove the saddle from the scrawny nag. Am I expected to buy my own saddle?

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 24, 2020
    ^ Top  
  4. someone else Arcane Patron

someone else
    Assign the saddle to your new horse in stables.

^ Top  
  5. PorkyThePaladin Arcane

PorkyThePaladin
    Or better yet, put the saddle on Arthur. Dutch rides him pretty hard.

• Funny x 1
    • Agree x 1
    • Yes x 1
    • Despair x 1
    • retadred x 1
    ^ Top  
  6. Ezekiel Magister

Ezekiel
    Where in stables? Select my new horse and then go to Saddles? It only shows the locked ones.

^ Top  
  7. someone else Arcane Patron

someone else
    I think nag doesn't have a saddle you can remove.
    You should get a coupon for a free saddle with the first horse thief mission.
    Should be a lumpley ranch cutter saddle, a few of the weathered colours, you have to change to colour by pressing left or right then the game will allow you to claim it using the coupon.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/RedDeadOnline/comments/eatdx9/free_starter_saddle_ticket/

[​IMG]

I think this is one of the free saddles. If you have the coupon it will should claim or something at the bottom right.
    You coupons should be under benefits.

Last edited: Dec 24, 2020
    ^ Top  
  8. someone else Arcane Patron

someone else

• Funny x 2
    • feels good man x 1
    • WTF am I reading x 1
    • (autism) x 1
    • Doggy x 1
    ^ Top  
  9. Xeon Augur

Xeon
    I finally finished the game, I didn't bother playing it before mostly because even tho I love western movies, I just like playing futuristic games than realistic history. Since people kept yapping a lot about it in anything CP77 related, I decided to play this instead.

Overall I think the game was pretty enjoyable, I loved all the characters and their dialogues, I enjoyed the feels of the world, was pretty good overall. Story kinda sucked tho, Dutch believing Micah over everyone else who have been with him for decades feels pretty dumb, also him wanting more and more money, even tho I had 7k cash and 18 gold bars and a lot of different jewelries from doing whatever made the story feels worthless and hollow or something. Still hit the feels in the end because of the awesome characters but that was it.

The camp system is barebone and it sucks, I unlocked all upgrades, the ones from ledger and the Pearson upgrades in ch2 and no one comments anything about everything I did, Grimshow and Dutch even complained telling me I stopped donating and I should get the fuck out instead of hanging in camp all day. Man, fuck them. There was no need to donate anymore since I unlocked everything and all the camp needs are at gold most time and I wanted to get everyone's item requests by waiting in the dumb camp, saving and reloading to trigger camp talks and whatever.

I dislike the gold objectives, I thought they might change things for better outcome or whatever but didn't seem like it and so I stopped caring, IIRC the only time an optional objective mattered was during the talk with Rain Fall, getting his lute or whatever thing undetected, it gave me a trinket. I also disliked everything having an animation, I got skip skinning animations and kinda wish I got more for looting and maybe to always keep my horse cleaned or whatever else.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • retadred retadred x 1
    ^ Top  
  10. TheSentinel Arcane

TheSentinel
    Arthur betrayed Dutch earlier with the indians
    dutch didn't need or want the money, he was just hiding whatever you chipped in because he never planned to go anywhere with anyone.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  11. Zombra An iron rock in the river of blood and evil Patron

Zombra
    Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In
    A buddy of mine bought me Red Dead Online last month and I already have 125 freakin hours in it. The drip feeding of earnings, the multitude of activities, the masterful use of negative space, gorgeous graphics and understated music, all work together to create an experience both relaxed and rewarding, solo or with friends. At the same time one can easily see the consumerization of design, particularly in that you always need more money, and a big bag of premium currency is always just a few clicks away. Somehow I don't mind it. I like this about a million times as much as GTA Online.

• hopw roewur ne x 2
    • Sweat gathers upon my brow, let me dab it x 2
    • nice x 1
    • sheeple x 1
    • cuck x 1
    ^ Top  
  12. Alexander DeLarge Cipher

Alexander DeLarge
    Have you touched RedM at all yet? That's where all the real fun is. People are doing all sorts of shit with lua scripting and custom asset support.

^ Top  
  13. Zombra An iron rock in the river of blood and evil Patron

Zombra
    Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In
    Cool - modding is not really my thing though. In general, the more I mod, the more I lose interest.

^ Top  
  14. Manjuice Nutella Arcane

Manjuice Nutella
    So, I finally switched my main horse in RDO from the DLC one, to the new chestnut Turkoman, just because I can have a ... Turkroach :yeah:

• Funny Funny x 3
    • feels good man feels good man x 1
    • decline decline x 1
    ^ Top  
  15. Talby Arcane Patron

Talby
    Codex USB, 2014
    upload_2021-8-19_18-10-18.png

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Despair Despair x 1
    ^ Top  
  16. Ivan Arcane

Ivan
    it's this shit right here that just made me eyeroll at the plot throughout. The wolrd is great, would love a more hardcore survival sim, I don't get the praise this gets for its narrative

• Agree Agree x 7
    • /facepalm/ /facepalm/ x 1
    ^ Top  
  17. Hellion Arcane

Hellion
    Arthur's character development and personal narrative is great, but Dutch's constant schemes were indeed the epitomy of retardation. Every single time he proposed another genious "final heist" I wish there was an option to just say "NO, YOU IDIOT".

• Brofist Brofist x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • what? what? x 1
    ^ Top  
  18. anvi Prophet Village Idiot

anvi
    It is because the modern mainstream gamer has never had a friend, social life, read a book, or seen a movie that wasn't animated.

• Funny x 2
    • Yes x 2
    • Brofist x 1
    • Agree x 1
    • Despair x 1
    • butthurt x 1
    • retadred x 1
    ^ Top  
  19. Ivan Arcane

Ivan
    character work definitely > plot. voice acting was well done.

• Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  20. PorkyThePaladin Arcane

PorkyThePaladin
    How was Arthur's character development great? He was the ultimate beta in a genre made for lone wolf alphas. John Wayne > Clint Eastwood > Arthur "The Cuck" Morgan?

Spent the entire game running errands for his "daddy" Dutch, following him into one obviously dumb situation after another, like some sort of a Stockholm Syndrome victim, only to get completely cucked at the end.

• /facepalm/ /facepalm/ x 1
    ^ Top  
  21. Ivan Arcane

Ivan
    I liked the defeatist/fatalistic turn at the end. I had the production values behind the VO in mind. rip lenny!

^ Top  
  22. Justicar Dead game

Justicar
    Beta cuck morgan speaks to modern faggot gaymers the truth is Man with no name would not even let mr cuck outlaw morgan shine his shoes but we live in cucked times so modern heroes are subservient beta faggots.

Man with no name didnt need anyone to get shit done.

• retadred x 2
    • Agree x 1
    • Edgy x 1
    • Salute x 1
    • Shit x 1
    ^ Top  
  23. Stella Brando Arcane

Stella Brando

• Informative Informative x 1
    ^ Top  
  24. Major_Blackhart Codexia Lord Sodom Patron

Major_Blackhart
    I always enjoyed the final gunfight scene and soundtrack of The Grand Duel honestly. Underrated movie overall

Edit: here it is in English if you want to watch.

Additionally, another good western. And one that even Patrice O'Neal liked:

• Prestigious Prestigious x 2
    • Brofist Brofist x 1
    • How about this as a button How about this as a button x 1
    • Whatever shit you posted didn't load Whatever shit you posted didn't load x 1
    ^ Top  
  25. cretin Dumbfuck! Dumbfuck Douchebag! Possibly Retarded Edgy

cretin
    Seems like a depressingly low bar to me.

GTA online was one of the lamest and dullest gaming experiences I've ever had.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Balanced Balanced x 1
    ^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.