Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

*redacted*

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.
I just got a transmission from future Codex again, but its all garbled.

*Chhhh crrrkkk
GABE N *Chhhhhk* STEAM EARLY ACE*chhhhk* DECLINE *Cchhhhhk* No more *chhhhk* PC, *chhhhk* repeat, no *chhhhk* Steambox *chhhhhk* all there is *chhhhhk* they got Vogel! *chhhhk everyone *chhhhhk* ITZ Cam *Chhhhhk*

Then it stopped

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera
Since this is the NV thread... I saw some recent user screenshots of the game and I was blown away by how crisp the game looked. Has there been any major visual overhauls done for NV or is my PC just shit? I think I even saw the piss filter removed.
You'd have to specify your specs before we know whether your pc is shit, but basically, ENBs with max quality on all filters, URWLNV Ultimate Edition is one of the better ones, but it looks like Vanilla to me, which is meh, I use desert enb with nevada skies. NMC texture pack for the general world, born again book of flesh for the creatures, born again mutants for the mutants, Fallout character overhaul for the NPCS, Eve for energy weapon textures, meshes, visuals, sights, Millenia's weapon retextures for the guns and some explosives, NCR trooper overhaul for the ncr, XV enclave rework for the enclave armor, assorted armor retextures/mesh fixes for other power armor(Bornagain series has a few), ADAM for ranger coats, riot gear, etc, There's also UHQ terrain from FO3 nexus that works with Vegas and is in the midst of being ported.
Mortimer.jpg

Low res screenshot of the same character:
Mortimer_zpsefc3c9cb.png

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
How bad is Steam?
For practical purposes it's not bad at all, in fact it's rather good I'd say. The client is convenient and easier to use than the windows start menu for running your games, and installing games with a few clicks is fast and easy if you have a good net connection.
Many people object to what the feel is giving up direct control of their game collection to a single company though.

Renegen

Arcane
Very impressive mods, I need to get NV sorted out so I can have another run. Nevada Skies is a no-no, all it did was conflict with other mods and crash my game after 5 minutes, apparently it's quite common. My computer is around 5 years old, it may have something to do with it.

That sucks, I like it for things like the the sandstorms, some ENBs also have an effect where white/bright blonde hair is super ridiculously bright and it looks retarded, Nevada skies seems to fix that.

Although the URWLNV ultimate doesn't seem to have that effect to begin with. I'd recommend that one if anything.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom