Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Reddit videos autoplay with sound

ADL

Prophet
Or at least mute them by default. These autoplay videos are out of hand. Nothing worse than reading a thread and hearing this shit in the background.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
dex4.png

i cant see the problem

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
Doesn't autoplay in Firefox. Get a good browser, OP.

EDIT: FUCK, it autoplays SOMETIMES. Sometimes not.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Yeah, this is annoying and not easily fixable (the embed code is under like two layers of abstraction on a website we don't control). I tried adding a script to remove the autoplay tag from the DOM but it didn't work, might try playing it with it some more at some point.

Jenkem

その目、だれの目?
Patron
Vatnik
Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I helped put crap in Monomyth
Yeah, this is annoying and not easily fixable (the embed code is under like two layers of abstraction on a website we don't control). I tried adding a script to remove the autoplay tag from the DOM but it didn't work, might try playing it with it some more at some point.

don't allow anything from reddit to be embedded

simple as

Mark.L.Joy

Prophet
Those don't autoplay for me so tested it out and uBlock seems to take care of it too.

Semiurge

Cipher
Doesn't autoplay in Firefox. Get a good browser, OP.

EDIT: FUCK, it autoplays SOMETIMES. Sometimes not.

Firefox setting for autoplay of A/V is too unrelieable, most sites with just sound will play them regardless. You need a special plugin for that.

Self-Ejected

Thac0

Time Mage
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture

The problem is noscript fucks up some websites so hard if all of their UI relies on terrible JS.
Is there something like "alittlescript" which blocks most of it and allows some well known scripting styles which are save and not annoying?

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
OK I fixed this. In pale moon, and maybe firefox, go to about:config and set:

media.autoplay.enabled = false
media.block-autoplay-until-in-foreground = true

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom