Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Redfall - open world vampire slaying co-op FPS from Arkane Austin

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://bethesda.net/en/game/redfall

The quaint island town of Redfall, Massachusetts, is under siege by a legion of vampires who have blocked out the sun and cut the island off from the outside world. Trapped with a handful of survivors against diabolical enemies threatening to bleed the town dry, choose your hero from a diverse roster, grouping up with others to create the perfect team of vampire slayers. Redfall is an open-world co-op FPS being developed by Arkane Austin and will launch exclusively on Xbox Series X|S and PC in Summer 2022. Play it Day One with Xbox Game Pass.

Last edited:

Maxie

delete this fucking thread immediately you retarded autistic fuck
nobody needs to discuss this travesty except you redditors

d1r

Busin 0 Wizardry Alternative Neo fanatic
Patron
BLACK GAMER GURLS!!! QUEENNNN SLAAAAAAY!!!!

SO SUS!

What a fucking travestry.

Siel

Arcane
Patron
How do we go from:

arx_fatalis_-_return_to_the_underground_a.jpg

To:

Redfall_LargeHero_Announce.jpg

Immortal

Arcane
In My Safe Space
All Woke Meme's aside - the game looks so uninspired and boring.
The chat was spamming Fortnite ripoff the entire presentation but in this instance I have to agree.
Also - does every game have to be fucking ~c0-op~..

Arkane is completely brain drained.

SoupNazi

Looks pretty fun. Like the character banter. If it has Arkane's good movement/action mechanics and "feel", and it can maintain that humor also in the actual game, it could be fun with a few friends and beers.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Haha, people thought Redfall is a subtitle of TES6.

Anyway, it's absolutely not my thing...

It's interesting that all these successors of immersive sim school are eager to make co-op games.

Arkane: Deathloop Redfall
Otherside: supposed co-op D&D game thing
Question Games: The Blackout Club

Well, at least we have Raph...

Immortal

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Does every game have to be c0-op.. Arkane is completely brain drained.
I think they're being told what games to work on. I don't think they have any creative freedom on the matter.

Do you think it's because the Dishonored DLC sold horribly?
I thought the Dishonored franchise was printing money..? I can't even tell the difference between Death Loop and this game.. and they both look equally shit ass boring.

Arkane always makes good games but unfortunately I just can't give a shit about multiplayer so this might be the first Arkane game I skip. Even though I have history with multiplayer vampire slaying since I used to run a VS server back in the day.

vampireslayer41hl_2.jpg

Child of Malkav

Erudite
I think they're being told what games to work on. I don't think they have any creative freedom on the matter.

I thought the Dishonored franchise was printing money..? I can't even tell the difference between Death Loop and this game.. and they both look equally shit ass boring.
Not only just because the Dishonored DLC sold poorly but also Prey sold poorly as well. Let alone Mooncrash. I don't think they get to decide what to do anymore. Being bought by Microsoft was, in my opinion, the final nail in the coffin. Still, a company making immersive sims for 20 years and actually surviving for that long? Not bad in the slightest. The alternative is Otherside, which uhh, yeah.

Immortal

Arcane
In My Safe Space

Not only just because the Dishonored DLC sold poorly but also Prey sold poorly as well. Let alone Mooncrash. I don't think they get to decide what to do anymore. Being bought by Microsoft was, in my opinion, the final nail in the coffin. Still, a company making immersive sims for 20 years and actually surviving for that long? Not bad in the slightest. The alternative is Otherside, which uhh, yeah.

I think if anything being bought my Microsoft gives them more agency. They get to be flush with cash and their only goal is to make games that hype up Game Pass.
Look at Netflix. They will give almost any moron a bag of money to create something, anything. Your work and labour is subsidized by the ones that become successful. Rinse and Repeat.

That said, it's certainly possible that Bethesda forced them to make a co-op Fornite ripoff. It would certainly fit the trend of ESO and Fallout 76.
We know they've been desperately trying to fill out their catalogues with all the "popular games-as-service genres" for years after all. They even had a shitty smite ripoff that got shit canned.

Cross

Arcane
I get the very strong impression that they had some generic game concept lying around for a Battle Royale that they decided to rebrand as a vampire game for some reason. These 'vampires' just seem to use generic superpowers for the most part and the humans have futuristic weapons and gadgets that double as generic superpowers.

It looks completely soulless. At least they got that aspect of vampires right.

The Dutch Ghost

Arbiter
Management type 1 "I just heard from marketing that customers are loosing interest in multiplayer zombie shooters. So what should we have developed instead?"
Management type 2 "How's about vampires? A multiplayer shooter with characters that each have unique powers that fight vampires?"
Management type 1 "Brilliant!"

Also, doesn't some of the plot sound as if it was ripped of from 30 days of night?

Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!
I really wish someone would make a game in Hunter: The Reckoning/Vigil setting. That would have been great as an RPG and would work in a similar type of co-op shooter too. This... probably wont be good.

Immortal

Arcane
In My Safe Space
I get the very strong impression that they had some generic game concept lying around for a Battle Royale that they decided to rebrand as a vampire game for some reason. These 'vampires' just seem to use generic superpowers for the most part and the humans have futuristic weapons and gadgets that double as generic superpowers.

It looks completely soulless. At least they got that aspect of vampires right.

Management type 1 "I just heard from marketing that customers are loosing interest in multiplayer zombie shooters. So what should we have developed instead?"
Management type 2 "How's about vampires? A multiplayer shooter with characters that each have unique powers that fight vampires?"
Management type 1 "Brilliant!"

Also, doesn't some of the plot sound as if it was ripped of from 30 days of night?

A diverse cast of ethnic minorities hunting down and killing pasty white bald people in trench coats..

What did Arkane mean by this?

:hmmm:

gerey

Arcane
Zionist Agent
Do they purposely make black women in games look as vile as possible, or is this just art imitating life?

Bad Sector

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
On one hand, Arkane hasn't disappointed me so far (and i do not really consider their writing their strength anyway, as i wrote in another topic some time ago their stories are just excuses for the gameplay).

On the other hand, all games of theirs i've played and liked were made before Raphaël Colantonio left.

BlackGoat

Arbiter
Looks like a neu obsidian game

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom