Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Redfall - open world vampire slaying co-op FPS from Arkane Austin

Lokiamis

Learned
Here a picture of Redfall's CAR15 derivative called MORRIGAN (probably modeled after M16A2 (hybrid: A2 firing control unit in a A1 body) or M4A1). notice that the magazine chamber is not modeled correctly.
redfall-M4-A1.png
I've never been more angry in my entire life than I am right now seeing that fucking guitar neck bayonet

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
Here a picture of Redfall's CAR15 derivative called MORRIGAN (probably modeled after M16A2 (hybrid: A2 firing control unit in a A1 body) or M4A1). notice that the magazine chamber is not modeled correctly.
I've never been more angry in my entire life than I am right now seeing that fucking guitar neck bayonet

A broken guitar is the absolute dumbest thing I've seen utilized for a bayonet. Even if it needs to be wood, there are better alternatives.

antimeridian

Learned
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
Looks like Fortnite. I don't remember earlier previews looking this visually disgusting. The art style has always been confusing but the flat look to everything is new. Graphically, its ten years out of date for a big triple-A exclusive.

Harvey looks like shit in the latest "gameplay" vid (retarded devs taking over 2 to 10 second long scripted clips).

Will echo most everyone else that this looks like hot garbage. This was their last chance to show something interesting to the gameplay, and they blew it. Instead we have bland missions, colored loot, retarded dialogue, weak guns and animations. Doubt Arkane will survive this flop.

SharkClub

Prophet
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
It's funny how I can just know that this game is going to flop completely independently of if it actually is fun and plays well.

copebot

Learned
The whole thing of giving guns scaling stats does not really work that well in games. I understand that Destiny is very popular (never played it), but I think it just attracts a specific kind of guy while annoying all the rest, sort of like there is a specific kind of guy who can happily grind PoE or Diablo 2 forever. When all guns have fluctuating stats, all guns more or less feel the same. Some of the games give all the guns of a certain type the same kind of baseline performance, but that just means that you can use that gun that you like while the scaling works, and then you have to replace it when you scale past it. And once you get to the end of the scale, then you get to use any gun, but it's still functionally the same as it was when you were level 1.

This includes good games like Vermintide 2, in which all of the weapons are unique and interesting, and time when you are dealing with weapons of different power scales is just a long tutorial. Once you finish the progression, the scaling might as well not have existed at all.

Somehow in Counter-Strike a gun is a gun is a gun, and this works just fine. If certain elements of the game are relatively fixed, you can focus on other parts of the game. You can tell that this game won't be as good as V2 or Darktide or even Back 4 Blood, most likely because of the bloat of the quest structure. Even Fallout 76 (not that I have ever played it) can say that it has this whole novel construction / base-building mechanic to provide some context for the open world questing and exploration aspect. What does this game have that its competitors don't already do better? Its unique aspects mostly seem to be bad. The theme is bad. The visual design is bad. The ideas are also bad.

Latelistener

Arcane
After watching this, I can't get that awful suspicion out of my mind that Harvey has been playing too much Fortnite.
Harvey is a sellout that has enjoyed bonuses from Bethesda far too much.

Imagine having the power to not allow that shit in your game and still go with it.

Seeker
In My Safe Space
I will try this since it's on gamepass and gamepass is dirt cheap for what it offers.
The graphics look fine to me, and I don't mind the gun designs since it's fantasy.
I mean it's a game about vampires, it doesn't matter if the rifles don't look like their real life counterparts.
My main problem is the lack of decent coop partners, the game seems to be built around coop.
If they include some kind of ingame matchmaking it will be great but I doubt it.

Last edited:

Kedar

Educated

Late Bloomer

Scholar
Steam user (a frenchman) is ok with the 70 dollar price tag for Redfall (and any other game) because everything else suffers from inflation so why not video games?

https://steamcommunity.com/app/1294810/discussions/0/3763355214778075339/
I paid that because I enjoyed every Harvey Smith game I played* (including Invisible War) and Arkane is fucking awesome. Going on a Steam forum to defend the price is a baffling move though.

* I didn't play BlackSite

Layla.jpg

sosmoflux

Educated
Because the game has zero hype and likely worryingly low pre-orders and wishlists
Classic Arkane with their horrible marketing strategies

bethesda published Hi-Fi rush came out of nowhere and it's been pretty successful because of day 1 game pass. That alone doesn't seem to seal Redfall's fate. I think it might depend on how broken the multiplayer is at release.

gerey

Arcane
Zionist Agent
I think it might depend on how broken the multiplayer is at release.
Supposedly someone leaked info on Pedoera that Redfall is going to be released in rough shape, and Starfield would have a buggy release too if Microsoft manages to force Bethesda to release the game early. Apparently Azure has been a shitshow and MS needs everyone to make shekels to recoup all the money they have burned.

Late Bloomer

Scholar
Microsoft is the one that stopped Bethesda from releasing Starfield too early on that sweet 11/11/22. It was back when Phil and the boys stopped by Bethesda's main office. I have no doubt Redfall is going to release in a shit state wether its in a few months or a few years.

bobocrunch

Educated
excited to see how this will review after arkane used up their freebie with deathloop's mediocrity after reviewers underrated prey

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom