Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Preview Refundable skills points in Gothic 3

voodoo1man

Liturgist
Well, a long and dangerous quest to get an "XP refund" sounds dandy, but I have to ask the ob(li)vious - why not a mini-game?

Saint_Proverbius said:
I know Gothic 1's combat system sucked. If it sucked in Gothic 2, it's probably because it was too much like Gothic 1, which sucked.

Oh geez, just come out and say it already: "I HAVE NO HAND-EYE COORDINATION WHATSOEVER"

Rat Keeng

Liturgist
Do you? What do you know that wasn't written in this preview, because I didn't read anything about moving around skill points indefinitely.
Nor did I, I just assumed the quest toggled a silly option to start flexing skill points about willy nilly, or maybe activating skillshifts through the use of an ARCANE ALTAR OF MAGIC. Could just as well be that it's a one-off thing that lets you muck about with your points once, and that's it. An option like that would be... well, equally retarded, but a slightly different form of retardation.

bryce777

Erudite
voodoo1man said:
Well, a long and dangerous quest to get an "XP refund" sounds dandy, but I have to ask the ob(li)vious - why not a mini-game?

Saint_Proverbius said:
I know Gothic 1's combat system sucked. If it sucked in Gothic 2, it's probably because it was too much like Gothic 1, which sucked.

Oh geez, just come out and say it already: "I HAVE NO HAND-EYE COORDINATION WHATSOEVER"

The combat didn't suck due to the difficulty, it sucked due to the suckiness. The combat itself was intensely easy so long as you had armor and weapons worth a shit.

Elwro

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
DarkUnderlord said:
Wouldn't a better solution be to make every skill have an important use that makes it some-what easier to achieve the end-game or other goals that exist, rather than providing useless skills
What useless skills? I think in G2 + NotR the skill cost / skill usefulness balance was perfect. Damn, even the "Shadowbeast horn extraction" skill was useful (+had a small quest around it) and made my game easier.

zorba

Novice
Word in the dungeon is that they put in the skills shifting in order to make this wonderful new schizophrenic faction of "slave trading assassins" possible. So now I'm keeping my fingers crossed for car-pooling minecrawlers.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom