Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Relas: Chaos of the Realms - Arcanum inspired game made in RM VX Ace

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
A Brasilian BRBRBRBRofisted my post so you know you have to do it, Broseph.

Broseph

Dangerous JB
Patron
That engine doesn't look half bad. I'm using RPG Maker because I've been using it since a kid and I have a pretty good understanding of how everything works, and I know how to overcome its limitations.

Okay guys, I've changed the name of the game to Tales of Relas for a few reasons.

1. Relas is the name of the mortal plane of the universe I've created, and allows room for sequels. Engea is the name of a single continent.
2. The Chronicles of Engea is a banal shit boring name and sounds too similar to The Chronicles of Narnia.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tales_(series)

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
Yeah, there's that... "Tales of X" is a VERY famous jRPG series... you probably wound't want to get your "Arcanum-inspired game" associated with that.

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Using words like tales or chronicles at all is rather cliched. Give your game a nice strong name.

Rpgsaurus Rex

Do it Shut Up and Jam! Gaiden style only with f-ball install of b-ball (it's set in BR after all)

Sengoku FIFA XII: Tactics?

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I've been trying to come up with one for some time but I cannot into that sort of thing. :(
If you want the title to be open to sequels try something like Relas: [subtitle] with the subtitle being specific to this game.

I haven't played far enough in to give suggestions on what the subtitle should be.

Broseph

Dangerous JB
Patron
I've been trying to come up with one for some time but I cannot into that sort of thing. :(
If you want the title to be open to sequels try something like Relas: [subtitle] with the subtitle being specific to this game.

I haven't played far enough in to give suggestions on what the subtitle should be.

You've played the demo?

I was thinking Relas: Chaos of the Realms as a title. Sounds pretty good.

tuluse

Arcane
I just played briefly with the first version you uploaded. At some point I'll give the improved version a try.

That's a much better name. Still slightly generic, but better.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
Dark Legends of Reals: Chaothic Chronicles of the Forgotten Tales Act I - Cry Havoc for Glory, and the Annihilation of the Titans of Chaos (The Splendour of a Thousand Swords Gleaming Beneath the Blazon of the Hyperborean Empire)

I'm sure JarlFrank would agree that's a wonderfull title. :obviously:

Broseph

Dangerous JB
Patron
:lol:

I like Relas: Chaos of the Realms, and it has some relevance to the plot. I'll use it for now until I can think of anything better. Also, R:CoR is a pretty good acronym.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Dark Legends of Reals: Chaothic Chronicles of the Forgotten Tales Act I - Cry Havoc for Glory, and the Annihilation of the Titans of Chaos (The Splendour of a Thousand Swords Gleaming Beneath the Blazon of the Hyperborean Empire)

I'm sure JarlFrank would agree that's a wonderfull title. :obviously:

734665_361528713946368_569165519_n.jpg

Self-Ejected

Kosmonaut

Lost in Space
When renaming the thread I first mistyped it as "Tales of Reals".

Suggestion to move the game to a modern Brazil inspired fantasy setting where your character is on a quest to earn as many reals as possible only to be robbed by mulattos orcs at the bus station repeatedly.
Reais != Reals.

And here I was thinking that CJ was giving us a nod when he told Ryder he was back to Grove Street "fo' reals"... :(

(well, Big Smoke is interested in drug dealing, after all)

In any case, I personally don't like "X: Y" subtitles that much, these sound a bit...pompous if the setting isn't famous already (D&D: Daggerdale) or if the title isn't really peculiar (Arcanum: of Steamworks and Magick Obscura). Instead of Relas: Chaos of the Realms, how about Realms of Relas? Or if that's too generic, Chaotic Realms of Relas.

Broseph

Dangerous JB
Patron
It's a little problematic. Relas is one of the three realms in my fantasy universe, along with Triamus and Etherium, but I don't have a name for the universe as a whole. Realms of Relas would be a misnomer. Relas: Chaos of the Realms works because it has the main setting of the game in the title (Relas, the mortal plane) while also including "realms." The "Chaos of the Realms" part is referring to the main plot, the events of which have repercussions on all of the realms.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
It's a little problematic. Relas is one of the three realms in my fantasy universe, along with Triamus and Etherium, but I don't have a name for the universe as a whole.

Dude, I know that problem. I so totally know that problem.

Especially since generally, people just call their world "world" or "earth" and their universe "universe" so creating a name that doesn't sound stupid is a hard job.

kaizoku

Arcane
Focus on the game first.
It's more important than the title.

For now you can just call it Project Relas or Relas: Untitled.
Both are pretty cool.
I personally like Relas: Arcana of Chaos. It's a nice buzzpression. But maybe it doesn't fit the game.

Also, how about a youtube video?

Anyway, what is the current status of your demo?
The initial comments don't make it look so interesting.

Broseph

Dangerous JB
Patron
The demo that's up is pretty short, like ~45 minutes if you do everything. It has some bugs in it too, but I'm waiting to put some more new content in before I upload a new version.

Here's a video of someone playing it, they're kind of a consoletard though.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom