Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[Release] Exiles' Quest - a Grimrock 2 mod

Curratum

[EDIT] Mod is now out, has been for a while. Only available in its updated, fixed version through the Steam workshop link:

Steam workshop - Exiles' Quest mod

So I love dungeons and gridded blobbers. It so happens that Grimrock 2 has an excellent editor and I decided to sit down and make a mod. I understand the Codex more or less enjoyed Grimrock and holds the game in high regard, so I thought I would share this here, in addition to the official GR forums.

I'm about 75% done, with 14 of the 15 maps mostly done, decorated and laid, with puzzles and scripting implemented. One more map to build from scratch, then I will need to attempt to achieve some semblance of balance in terms of item placement and combat across all maps, and we're good to go - hopefully before June is over. The mod contains a sprinkling of custom resources you will never notice because you forgot how exactly the original game looks.

The project is not concerned with some grand story, as I don't think blobbers are the best medium for that and I don't think I'm exactly a great writer. What I tried to focus on was fun exploration, a fair mix of secret hunting and puzzles, with a strong emphasis on more self-contained puzzles that make more sense than the few abominable, progress-blocking ones in the original game.

Here is a link to a gallery of quite a few shots taken across the levels:

https://imgur.com/a/Qp0PAfJ

If any of you feel some sort of weird and unexplainable urge to playtest this before it's released, thus spoiling any possible fun that could be had with the finished product, feel free to drop me a line.

I will be updating this topic with Nexus and Steam workshop links when it's done.

Last edited by a moderator:

Swampy_Merkin

Learned
Possibly Retarded
The screens look great. I don't like to playtest for obvious reasons but I'd love to play it. I'm always in the mood for more Grimrock.

Curratum

Shoop-shoop! We're open for business, my darlings! Only a few more days!

Trailer:

In glorious 480p, because that's what happens when you record in half-1080p.

Doing one final pass this week and it's off to the races!

15 visually detailed, full-blown maps, with side areas in a few more. No less than five boss fights. More puzzles than you care to solve! Nostalgic Grimrock 1 cameos!

Coming out next weekend!

Curratum

Nexus mod download for GOG players:

[redacted] - Nexus mod VERY out of date, use Steam workshop version.

Last edited by a moderator:

Curratum

Ignore the nexus link, the mod on Nexus is VERY out of date and has serious bugs in it.

Curratum

Thanks for the reminder, rusty_shackleford I had forgotten about not having the link in the first post.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom