Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

LucasArts Released: Grim Fandango remake... for PS4, Vita and PC.

oasis789

Arcane

Last edited:

Humppaleka

Cipher

:rage:

Of course Tim Schafer hinted at bringing it to other platforms:
62d90dd19a.png

Aeschylus

Swindler
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
At first I was all :dance:, but then I was all :rage:.

As long as all they do is update the early 3d character models (but not too much, as it's one of the better examples of stylized early 3d), and upscale the backgrounds it'll be ok. If they muss up one hair on GF's otherwise immaculate coif I will be very, very put out. Otherwise ResidualVM already does everything that needed to be done to GF (bug fixes).

Wulfstand

Prophet
Why didn't Tim just make another Kickstarter to have his fans back him up on the remake? I'm pretty sure that he would've gotten the money pretty fast, and there wouldn't have to be any 'platform exclusive' pressure of any kind.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Why didn't Tim just make another Kickstarter to have his fans back him up on the remake? I'm pretty sure that he would've gotten the money pretty fast, and there wouldn't have to be any 'platform exclusive' pressure of any kind.

DjkBsO0.jpg

Diseny owns Lucas properties.

Maybe Sony helped Tim to license the game from Disney.

Keshik

Arcane
Well, will be good to see the 3D models look better, not much to improve over the backgrounds after all.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
I wonder if they still have the sources for the backgrounds or they will just resize&blur Beamdog-style.

Whatever, do not care about any PS. Maybe if they bring it to PC.

Boleskine

Arcane
Sounds like it'll be a timed exclusive, so a PC version should come after the initial release.

garren

Arcane
Patron
So it takes a Sony-sized firm to get Disney re-release old LucasArts games. Of course they just have to "remake" them because releasing old games as-is would apparently be horrible. I like that were finally getting Grim Fandango re-released, but I'm afraid they're gonna dumb it down.

bertram_tung

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here
We all know console "exclusive" these days means it will be ps4 only for the first 6 months and then get ported.

If it sells well maybe we'll get a new maniac mansion/dott.....

Boleskine

Arcane
So it takes a Sony-sized firm to get Disney re-release old LucasArts games. Of course they just have to "remake" them because releasing old games as-is would apparently be horrible. I like that were finally getting Grim Fandango re-released, but I'm afraid they're gonna dumb it down.

I expect 90% of the puzzles to be removed so that the game is "mainstream" enough.

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Funnily enough the original game had a control scheme perfectly suited to console controllers.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Makes sense since he's clearly forgotten how to make good adventure games. Don't expect it for another five years, though.

I didn't mind the tank controls at the time at all, the only thing that pissed me off was that it was sometimes difficult to get inside doorways.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom