Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News REM Cycles wakes up on Steam

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
Tags: Indispensable Studios; REM Cycles

REM Cycles has popped up on Steam. Another modern retro styled CRPG, this one features a handful of people stuck in someone else's dream and mystery ensues. No sale price for this one, though it is budgeted at $14.99. Here's the head's up:

REM Cycles is an indie strategy roguelike featuring a unique and diverse cast of characters, colorful 2D pixel art, and chiptune melodies that harken back to the golden era of SNES RPGs. Construct a team of four out of 10 playable characters to explore six dreamy locations, each with their own theme. Outside of battle, witness over 50 conversation arcs between every possible combination of characters to learn more about their lives, motivations, and dreams. You’ll want to get to know these folks well, as you’ll be spending a lot of time with them—in true roguelike fashion, REM Cycles is designed to be played more than once.

Dreaming of a unique adventure? REM Cycles might be the one for you.​

Odd that 15 years ago, pixel art was dead. Now it's everywhere. Everywhere.

Darkozric

Arbiter
Edgy
Odd that 15 years ago, pixel art was dead. Now it's everywhere. Everywhere.

Good pixel art was never truly dead, Ferrari's style pixel art is eternal. The majority of pixel art you see nowadays is my little pony style pixel art. A good example of this is the abomination that you've just posted.

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
Play as a black guy, who is really the dream of a black guy in yet another generic pixel game.
And pay $15 for it.

No thanks.

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
What is even going on with the codex these days? :?
I think lack of any significant RPG releases in recent years completely broke our admin/moderator team. They have nothing to post about so they just shitpost with cyberprank patches and RPGMaker turds.

Honestly, I'd prefer news part of the site to be dead.

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
Yeah, I didn't read DIVERSE quite how they meant it until I watched the video and realized it was yet another non-white fetishization game for white marxists.

I hope they at least paid Saint a fiver to put this schlock on the front page.

Self-Ejected

Thac0

Time Mage
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture

R̸͍͚̱̳̰̖͍̝̗̥̯͔̜̣͑̅͌̈̀̔̌̾͒̽͋̕͝͝A̵̧͇̩̦̮̐̀͒̐͑̄̿͠K̶̦͓̀̇̆͂̆͛̐̅͐̊͘͝͠E̷̤̣̹͈͍͉̗̞̠͎̓̀̾̿̿̉̂̆̈͋͘͘͘̕̚ͅ ̴̨͈͈̝͚̱̗͚̘̈́̿̄̚̚̕̚͜ͅT̶̩̞̘̤͇̝̽͛͊͂͂̀͗͐͐̾̊̋͘͝͝H̴̙̞̩͆͐͆̊̈̃̍͘E̷̢̺̬̟̼͓̓̌́̓̄̒̉ ̸̨̢̹̫͕̠͇̫̻͐͌͊̍͑̓̚ͅĻ̴̠̒͋Ȅ̸͓̰̻̼̱̜̭̟̭̣̇̀͂͆̕Ä̵͔͕͉̥̮̼́̆F̷̡̧͕̱̲̜̦̮̠̝̝̱͌͆͋͑͂̏̈́̊̚͘͘S̴̛͖̿̊̔͛̓͆̅̂͊̕

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
make it stop
dOyIiJ5.gif

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
colorful 2D pixel art, and chiptune melodies that harken back to the golden era of SNES RPGs

Huh my excuse was that I have no money or talent, but I guess this is fine too.

I don't usually want to slam my fellow starving indiedevs, but I'm genuinely surprised it took multiple people to make this.

AdamReith

Magister
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is.
Looks awful, one of these devs should try actually making a game intead of just a random level generator.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom