Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Decline Remove The Ignore Feature

Immortal

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Problem:

It's pointless.

There is only one valid reason to ignore or filter content - to bypass advertisements / bots. Since this website does a great job filtering out the bots - and the advertisements are basically everywhere - can we just drop the whole thing?

I have seen like 2 people "spam" in the last year 1/2 since I have been here - both were nuked within hours.

The Hug Box Echo Chamber of Fanboys ignore list is being abused by fragile little butterflies who can't stand to have their Ar-pee-gee's criticized.
  • A third of my list have 0 - 100 posts in the last 2 years. (Bullshit alts)
  • Another third is just fanboys of Risen 1 and PoE who are butt blasted that I didn't personally like those games as much as them.
  • Finally, half the people on my ignore list have brofisted something I posted after the fact. Or removed me entirely when they realized "Oh he's not so bad when he rips on things I don't like".
    • AKA They put me on ignore to make a *~*~Statement~*~* but still read my posts anyways.
    • Or they put me on ignore because they were salty about a game I pointed out had some flaws and forgot why months later.
I'm not gonna call people out. I think the feature is stupid in general.

Solutions: (Pick One)
  • Rename it to "People That Made Me Mad / Insulted My Games" and disable the post hiding since nobody is even using that feature.
  • Drop the entire thing altogether.
  • Remove the ability show posts of people you have on ignore.
    • Let inflated egos and curiosity take care of the feature organically
    • Tie ignore lists to IP address so <insert you know who> can't sit in shout box on a private browser watching shout box for his name to be mentioned when he has half the forum on ignore.
  • Add a counter to the Ignored persons name for how many times you viewed their post anyways.

This post shouldn't offend anyone because the people I am talking about won't ever see it.

Right? :smug:

INB4
:butthurt:

Update:
Almost Half my Ignored list has now posted in this thread. :positive:

Last edited:

Curious_Tongue

Larpfest
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014
I'm posting here so I can check who's ignoring me without searching for an older post of mine. I could have done this in the time it took to write this explanation.

Problem:

It's pointless.

Solutions: (Pick One)
  • Rename it to "People That Made Me Mad / Insulted My Games" and disable the post hiding since nobody is even using that feature.
  • Drop the entire thing altogether.
  • Remove the ability show posts of people you have on ignore.
    • Let inflated egos and curiosity take care of the feature organically
    • Tie ignore lists to IP address so <insert you know who> can't sit in shout box on a private browser watching shout box for his name to be mentioned when he has half the forum on ignore.
  • Add a counter to the Ignored persons name for how many times you viewed their post anyways.

I have another solution. Just ignore the entire site.

Its what I do every few months. :smug:

A user named cat

How can i know who ignores me? :(
eYgoARr.jpg

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
This thread again? Posting a thread about how you're butthurt about being ignored is a common step towards self-ejection.

It's been a while since the last big public blowout, I hope Immortal will provide some lulz/drama when he collapses. :smug:

Immortal

Arcane
In My Safe Space
I have nothing against you Immortal, but I'm going to put you on ignore for a while now.

See you on the other side!

The most predictable post ever. So clever. :roll:

This thread again? Posting a thread about how you're butthurt about being ignored is a common step towards self-ejection.
It's been a while since the last big public blowout, I hope Immortal will provide some lulz/drama when he collapses. :smug:

You might be disappointed.

Zep Zepo

Titties and Beer
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual
What is the proper Codex etiquette?

Do I have to wait for Crispy to post...or can I just say now...

Ban Crispy ?

Codex...I need to know.

Zep--

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom