Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Rep +

kris

Arcane
FrancoTAU said:
Or you can stalk Volourn's friend!

Volurn have a friend? Dave Gaider?

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Wait... I'm a rockstar ninja?

Cool. I'm going to go ninja some people then.

Proweler

Scholar
FrancoTAU said:
I'm sure there's some kind of legit psychological reason for it. It gives some sense of accomplishment. I don't know if it's a coincidence or not, but the boards i've messed around on in the past with the rep system seem to be nicer, more helpful.

You mean sucking up for rep points?

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
"stalk Volourn."

No one has stalked me. Fool.

And, oh yeah, rep this!!!

R00fles!

Lord Chambers

Erudite
Avatars go a long way toward "branding" someone and their posts. I can tell the last post was by kingcomrade without even looking at his name; I just see the avatar shape and colors in my periphery.

And, if I had been here long enough to really have a sense about kingcomrade's views, that would be meaningful.

So, a rep system exists, it's just in your head. Kind of like Morrowind. Avatars help facilitate it for me, but maybe I'm more visual than most people.

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
Hey, you say what you want about your Morrowind experience, but after a while I could feel that I really was the prophesised Nevareine... Nevar... Nevarine... Revan! I even downloaded a cool mod pack so I could show the citizens who I was. It was called "Better Bodies - Peanut edition".

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom