Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Replaying Grimoire and loving it

Invictus

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Divinity: Original Sin 2
I hadn’t tried the 3.0 version and besides the great now starter screens all the little tweaks and fixes, new spell animations and small things like the revamped item screen and the description for skills and attributes... oh my the perfect way to spend the quarantine
One thing still doesn’t make me top happy; the combat speed should be adjusted to be even faster without using the Enter key but other than that its superb
What else can we expect in the future Mr Blakemore? Or is Grimoire ok hold until you release the other game?

Catacombs

Arcane
Patron
One thing still doesn’t make me top happy; the combat speed should be adjusted to be even faster without using the Enter key but other than that its superb
You can hold the Enter key, and all the moves will happen instantly. Granted, you're risking not seeing moves happening and missing some potentially vital combat information, but it'll go a lot faster.

Invictus

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
TONS coming. Once I break the curse and get TINFOIL HELMET out they are going to begin flowing like water. Could be a GEG (Golden Era Game) on a monthly basis after that.

About 75% of all games from me will be turn-based and where they aren't they will be so much fun you won't notice.
Ahh Mr Blakemore.... you replaced the lovely grub monsters with huge Australian Outback Dick Monsters? Why? The original sprite had such charm :(

warcrimes666

Educated
Patron
Can't recall ever starting a thread even back to the early 2000s and the last week or two I've been contemplating making the same sentiment. Just a really good game. I've followed the eternal saga with great interest and amusement for many years, played the demo quite a bit a decade past or more. Played the demo again a bit leading up to release then playing finally straight through to the end over several days on release. A truly unique and magnificent accomplishment.

I see some something about a v3 and thinking well I've touched 50 or more games last few weeks in lockdown and nothing really grabbing me up, let's go back and play some grimoire. When I first opened it to make a character, it was like I had never seen it before. I became almost overwhelmed in character creation and had to close it immediately. Took another 3 or 4 days before I could psyche myself up to open it again. Been playing now for a little while at a far more sedate pace then at release and it is very enjoyable. The density of shrine start just to tomb of st. george is incredible.

What Cleve cleverly never told anyone was that subsequent playthroughs take longer and more skill to complete than the first. You also need a guide to understand your own guide/guides that you've written over widely disparate regions of time. At the end of the day, this kind of multidimensional recursive self-referential structure is highly resistant to logical analysis.

The game is fuckin good.

Also really looking forward to Tinfoil Helmet. The cat screenshot gave me chills.

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
Grimoire is a masterpiece among dungeon crawlers and RPGs alike and the true successor to Wizardry games of yore, even surpassing them in many aspects.

Invictus

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
I truly wonder something... guys like Stabwound and Commie retracted their bad mojos towards Mr Blakemore after the game released and I believe Country Gravy fucked too many electric dildos and got electrocuted
But I would be curiously interested on hearing from users like that and see their opinions about Grimoire now

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
I am afraid the likes of Zippo and GanDork would be disintegrated on an atomic level by the purifying rays of the Golden Baby.

Beast British

Novice
I truly wonder something... guys like Stabwound and Commie retracted their bad mojos towards Mr Blakemore after the game released and I believe Country Gravy fucked too many electric dildos and got electrocuted
But I would be curiously interested on hearing from users like that and see their opinions about Grimoire now
There's just not enough humble pie to go around for all these unbelievers.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom