Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Replaying Grimoire and loving it

Discussion in 'Golden Era Games' started by Invictus, May 18, 2020.

1. Invictus Arcane The Real Fanboy

Invictus
    Divinity: Original Sin 2
    I hadn’t tried the 3.0 version and besides the great now starter screens all the little tweaks and fixes, new spell animations and small things like the revamped item screen and the description for skills and attributes... oh my the perfect way to spend the quarantine
    One thing still doesn’t make me top happy; the combat speed should be adjusted to be even faster without using the Enter key but other than that its superb
    What else can we expect in the future Mr Blakemore? Or is Grimoire ok hold until you release the other game?

• incline x 5
    • Brofist x 3
    • Prestigious x 3
    • Salute x 1
    • Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  2. Cleveland Mark Blakemore Golden Era Games Übermensch Developer

Cleveland Mark Blakemore
    TONS coming. Once I break the curse and get TINFOIL HELMET out they are going to begin flowing like water. Could be a GEG (Golden Era Game) on a monthly basis after that.

About 75% of all games from me will be turn-based and where they aren't they will be so much fun you won't notice.

• incline x 15
    • Brofist x 3
    • Salute x 1
    • Friendly x 1
    • Racist x 1
    ^ Top  
  3. Falksi Arcane

Falksi
    I think we should expect fairly swift future releases, any time in the next 20-30 years.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Acknowledge this user's Agenda Acknowledge this user's Agenda x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Fabulously Optimistic Fabulously Optimistic x 1
    ^ Top  
  4. Catacombs Liturgist Patron

Catacombs
    Make the Codex Great Again!
    You can hold the Enter key, and all the moves will happen instantly. Granted, you're risking not seeing moves happening and missing some potentially vital combat information, but it'll go a lot faster.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • honk honk! honk honk! x 1
    ^ Top  
  5. Lonely Vazdru Pimp my Title

Lonely Vazdru
    :roll:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    ^ Top  
  6. Catacombs Liturgist Patron

Catacombs
    Make the Codex Great Again!
    Whoops. I was reading on mobile and totally skimmed over that part.

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    ^ Top  
  7. Invictus Arcane The Real Fanboy

Invictus
    Ahh Mr Blakemore.... you replaced the lovely grub monsters with huge Australian Outback Dick Monsters? Why? The original sprite had such charm :(

• it is a mystery it is a mystery x 2
    ^ Top  
  8. anvi Cipher Village Idiot

anvi
    What difficulty level is best for this?

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    • it is a mystery it is a mystery x 1
    ^ Top  
  9. Butter Magister

Butter
    If you've played a Wizardry game before, start on Advanced and you can adjust it later.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Yes Yes x 1
    • Thanks! Thanks! x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  10. warcrimes666 Educated Patron

warcrimes666
    Can't recall ever starting a thread even back to the early 2000s and the last week or two I've been contemplating making the same sentiment. Just a really good game. I've followed the eternal saga with great interest and amusement for many years, played the demo quite a bit a decade past or more. Played the demo again a bit leading up to release then playing finally straight through to the end over several days on release. A truly unique and magnificent accomplishment.

I see some something about a v3 and thinking well I've touched 50 or more games last few weeks in lockdown and nothing really grabbing me up, let's go back and play some grimoire. When I first opened it to make a character, it was like I had never seen it before. I became almost overwhelmed in character creation and had to close it immediately. Took another 3 or 4 days before I could psyche myself up to open it again. Been playing now for a little while at a far more sedate pace then at release and it is very enjoyable. The density of shrine start just to tomb of st. george is incredible.

What Cleve cleverly never told anyone was that subsequent playthroughs take longer and more skill to complete than the first. You also need a guide to understand your own guide/guides that you've written over widely disparate regions of time. At the end of the day, this kind of multidimensional recursive self-referential structure is highly resistant to logical analysis.

The game is fuckin good.

Also really looking forward to Tinfoil Helmet. The cat screenshot gave me chills.

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    • Prestigious Prestigious x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • When words are not enough When words are not enough x 1
    ^ Top  
  11. Johannes Arcane

Johannes
    So are you still patching GRIMWAH or it's a done product now?

• it is a mystery it is a mystery x 1
    • WTF am I reading WTF am I reading x 1
    ^ Top  
  12. Invictus Arcane The Real Fanboy

Invictus
    I truly wonder something... guys like Stabwound and Commie retracted their bad mojos towards Mr Blakemore after the game released and I believe Country Gravy fucked too many electric dildos and got electrocuted
    But I would be curiously interested on hearing from users like that and see their opinions about Grimoire now

• Doggy Doggy x 1
    ^ Top  
  13. AArmanFV Savant

AArmanFV
    Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
    A review of Grimoire by Country Gravy, Skeletony, Zep Zeppo... :shredder:

• Funny Funny x 2
    ^ Top  
  14. Beast British Novice

Beast British
    There's just not enough humble pie to go around for all these unbelievers.

• Balanced Balanced x 1
    ^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.