Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Mass Effect replaying mass effect trilogy now or wait for remaster

Nano

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Strap Yourselves In
For all you know you could die next week. Bet you're gonna feel pretty dumb if you decide to wait and then that happens.

Falksi

Arcane
I've just replayed 2 & 3 over X-Mass, and it's frightening how they can mask a 60 hour shooter as an "RPG".

ME1's exploration and more fleshed out RPG elements gave it justification to be a 40 hour + game, but the sequels.......the mind boggles.

Tavar

Cipher
Patron
RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In
I don't think it matters. As far as I know they will only brush up the graphics anyway which you can easily do via mods if you want to. Mass Effect 2 and 3 don't need a remaster at all, as they still play fine, but the first part is a mess and would need a complete overhaul which they won't provide anyway.

razvedchiki

Erudite
my friend played them when they got out and had great fun with them, expect with 3 with its subpar sub missions and really bad ending where what you did in the trilogy didnt actually matter. (he cried manly tears when shepard died though)
he just wants again some "we will bang ok?" action but thinks he could hold until the remasters come out with hopes of better gameplay.

Xeon

Augur
Since its a replay then probably better to wait. Who knows it might turns out to be a good remaster and if not then the old versions will still be there.

NerevarineKing

Learned
I don't think it matters. As far as I know they will only brush up the graphics anyway which you can easily do via mods if you want to. Mass Effect 2 and 3 don't need a remaster at all, as they still play fine, but the first part is a mess and would need a complete overhaul which they won't provide anyway.
I love the Mass Effect trilogy (especially ME1), but I've never considered them to be RPGs.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
The worst part is that they were showing the face directly against you during the character creation.......and ended up with a jew nose.
:negative:

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
I played through the entire trilogy last year for the first time and did not feel the need for a remaster at any step of the way.
Yeah,the games don't need a remaster,it is just that EA needs money. Most likely the remaster won't be much different than all the other remasters aka just slap a paint on it and larp as such.

Gargaune

Magister
Well, if you start now, you'll be about three elevators in by the time the remaster comes out.

Deleted member 7219

ME 1's shooting mechanics need an overhaul.

Nothing else about any of the games should be changed, except for the ending of ME 3.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Well, if you start now, you'll be about three elevators in by the time the remaster comes out.
Yeah,the first was pretty bad outside of the levelling mechanics and the story. It is really obvious that they were half assing it and didn't expect it to be a success. Its production value is nearly non existing. It is a shame that they cut off all the RPG elements in the second one like persuasion skills and such.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom