Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Mass Effect replaying mass effect trilogy now or wait for remaster

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
ME 1's shooting mechanics need an overhaul.

Nothing else about any of the games should be changed, except for the ending of ME 3.
I see that you haven't played the games in a very long time or you are a retard. There is a shit ton of things that could be improved lol. The shooting was fine except the sticky cover and the retarded AI. ME2's shooting is worst because it relays a lot more on the shitty cover mechanics. In ME1 you could build a character focused on mobility and striffing,in me2 you can't because of the health recharge and the enemy damage output.....and also you not being able to build a character in general lol. In me2 combats is about staying in cover,hitting a few headshots and then going back in cover to regen.

Deleted member 7219

ME 1's shooting mechanics need an overhaul.

Nothing else about any of the games should be changed, except for the ending of ME 3.
I see that you haven't played the games in a very long time or you are a retard. There is a shit ton of things that could be improved lol. The shooting was fine except the sticky cover and the retarded AI. ME2's shooting is worst because it relays a lot more on the shitty cover mechanics. In ME1 you could build a character focused on mobility and striffing,in me2 you can't because of the health recharge and the enemy damage output.....and also you not being able to build a character in general lol. In me2 combats is about staying in cover,hitting a few headshots and then going back in cover to regen.

Do you really think modern Bioware can improve on ANYTHING in the original trilogy?

My point was not that they are perfect games - they aren't - but that I don't think they should touch anything about them except for the two things I mentioned, shooting in ME 1 and the ending of ME 3, because there is no way they can make them any worse.

Maxie

any game with good looking sluts is at least decent by default
no need to edge up its a scientific fact

Akratus II

Savant
Patron
@half the people in this thread:

1579590203544.jpg

Anyways. Renegade Vanguard all day every day.

Last edited:

jackofshadows

Magister
Yeah,the first was pretty bad outside of the levelling mechanics and the story. It is really obvious that they were half assing it and didn't expect it to be a success. Its production value is nearly non existing. It is a shame that they cut off all the RPG elements in the second one like persuasion skills and such.
Nigga please. If you'd compare ME1 to KotOR than it'd become obvious that what they mostly cared about are exactly production values and game's cinematic quialities. They were pushing it hard. And with each next game in the series as well.

As for RPG elements - there wasn't much to cut off so... whatever. I like ME series a lot but it was always a shooter with some progression system on top of it to me. Wonder if it will be better to shoot stuff in ME1, we'll see.

P.S. imagine creating threads like this with a million users on ignore.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Yeah,the first was pretty bad outside of the levelling mechanics and the story. It is really obvious that they were half assing it and didn't expect it to be a success. Its production value is nearly non existing. It is a shame that they cut off all the RPG elements in the second one like persuasion skills and such.
Nigga please. If you'd compare ME1 to KotOR than it'd become obvious that what they mostly cared about are exactly production values and game's cinematic quialities. They were pushing it hard. And with each next game in the series as well.

As for RPG elements - there wasn't much to cut off so... whatever. I like ME series a lot but it was always a shooter with some progression system on top of it to me. Wonder if it will be better to shoot stuff in ME1, we'll see.

P.S. imagine creating threads like this with a million users on ignore.
Hmmm i could agree with ME2&3 but the first one had pretty low production values lol. It was clearly that they didn't expect it to sell well. The exploration was a joke,they were using the same block structure for all the dungeons. The colonisation homes/structures were just a windowless containers lol. The main story and missions were pretty decent tho,but the rest was low productions as possible. Kotor had a lot better production than me1.

ekrolo2

Learned
The original releases. If you want them to look prettier, ALOT and ALOV mods exist for all three, upgrading textures, static lighting and pre-rendered cut-scenes up to 4k for all three games without fucking up their intended appearances. These already function like a proper visual remaster versus the shit EA is putting out this year.

jackofshadows

Magister
Hmmm i could agree with ME2&3 but the first one had pretty low production values lol. It was clearly that they didn't expect it to sell well. The exploration was a joke,they were using the same block structure for all the dungeons. The colonisation homes/structures were just a windowless containers lol. The main story and missions were pretty decent tho,but the rest was low productions as possible. Kotor had a lot better production than me1.
By 'production values' I mean basically what's happening on screen of an average player (who won't likely be endlessly roaming around on MACO for example). One cut scene after another and some shooting in between. Enviroment hasn't got enough attention I agree but that is just not where their priorities were.

The main story is what matters for them and again if you compare those rather awkward scenes from Kotor with up-close from ME you'll see where the money went. I don't think they weren't sure that it'll be success because they took the exact formula gameplay wise just with their own franchise this time and overall much more suited for console players.

Also they like to talk how they planned trilogy from the start although it's not easy to beleive after actually playing them all through.

VonMiskov

Educated
I would say replay it. I started to loath the series mid 2nd part, never played 3rd, started despise Bioware. I see only pros here.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom