Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Resident Evil 2 Remake

TheHeroOfTime

Arcane

The genre-defining masterpiece Resident Evil 2 returns, completely re-built from the ground up for a deeper narrative experience. Using Capcom’s proprietary RE Engine, Resident Evil 2 offers a fresh take on the classic survival horror saga with breathtakingly realistic visuals, heart-poundingly immersive audio, a new over-the-shoulder camera, and modernized controls on top of gameplay modes from the original game. The nightmares return reimagined for the PlayStation®4 and PlayStation®4 Pro on January 25, 2019. In Resident Evil 2, the classic action, tense exploration, and puzzle solving gameplay that defined the Resident Evil series returns. Players join rookie police officer Leon Kennedy and college student Claire Redfield, who are thrust together by a disastrous outbreak in Raccoon City that transformed its population into deadly zombies. Both Leon and Claire have their own separate playable campaigns, allowing players to see the story from both characters’ perspectives. The fate of these two fan favorite characters is in players hands as they work together to survive and get to the bottom of what is behind the terrifying attack on the city. Will they make it out alive?

TheHeroOfTime

Arcane
DfdbYagWkAEryfo.jpg

ShadowSpectre

Arbiter
RE2 remake has been long overdue. Going to say tentative incline on this one, at least they are keeping both campaigns as in the original. I'm not too fond of the overly young looking Leon and Claire though.

ScrotumBroth

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In
What is this faggotry with the faces? May as well put two Thai boys locked in a cock suck off on the front cover.

They vetoed a cool Kickstarter for a frotting simulator...

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
YES YES YES YES

GEEEEEEEEEEEET HYYYYYYYYPED!

This gon b GUD

Graphics top notch, game looks amazing

Also, im quite certain it will feature, first person mode, 3rd person over the shoulder AND fixed classic camera style.
in the trailer u can clearly see the different modes in play briefly.

cant wait for gameplay!

Last edited:

Tehdagah

Arcane
Superior camera system and improved controls is incline. Now they just need to make the zombies more agressive and have a Mercenaries mode.

CyberWhale

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Too bad they didn't go with fixed camera angles and prerendered background. That would have looked sick on today's hardware.
Still, I will probably play through it, always liked this sequel the best.

Ash

Arcane
I like fixed cam angles as much as the next survival horror enthusiast, but I am glad they took this approach as the original was fine as it is. It still looks good, sounds good, and plays relatively well. There wouldn't be much value in a straight remake just as there wasn't with the RE1 remake.

Tehdagah

Arcane
This will probably sell more than RE7 (which underperformed) since it has over-the-shoulder camera and classic characters.

Ash

Arcane
This will probably sell more than RE7 (which underperformed) since it has over-the-shoulder camera and classic characters.

There's also the fact that 7 followed 6. After RE6 I lost faith almost entirely. After 7 (disclaimer: not played it), it seems fans have a little more faith in Crapcom, so that will help the sales of RE2 remake. But so will the reasons you noted too.

Machocruz

Arcane
The parts where Leon is positioned in the center of the screen work better. With that ots perspective I always get the feeling the character is dwarfing or dominating the environment instead of the other way around, which is not what you want for horror. It always comes off as purely utilitarian, for the sake of gunplay above all else. Meh.

Tehdagah

Arcane
Nevermind the game looks boring, I watched the gameplay trailer and all the zombies are the same.

There's also the fact that 7 followed 6. After RE6 I lost faith almost entirely. After 7 (disclaimer: not played it), it seems fans have a little more faith in Crapcom, so that will help the sales of RE2 remake. But so will the reasons you noted too.
I doubt, RE7 underperformed in its second fiscal year too, even after a price drop and the release of the Gold Edition.

Ash

Arcane
Nevermind the game looks boring, I watched the gameplay trailer and all the zombies are the same.

? Well obv. there's going to be lickers, dogs, spiders. Yeah at the conceptual level zombies don't make for great gameplay compared to the more diverse, intelligent and faster Ganados, but if they balance health and ammo right it should be engaging enough. The whole opening sequence of RE2 was all zombies, many of which looked and behaved the same (that being braindead). But you had fuck all ammo and health vs an army and had to pick your kills while scavenging more resources, so it wasn't a total bore.

Honestly though, RE2 had the worst gameplay of the first three main games so I don't expect too much. And it will be the gameplay we play this for. The original version of RE2 holds up perfectly well in the art/story/atmosphere etc department if that's what you want, and any remake would only serve to sully those elements. The only reason I may bother with this at all is the opportunities granted by the camera change. I hope for some fun RE4-tier gameplay within. Artistically from what they've shown it looks like shit anyway. If we're talking pure visuals give me classic pre-rendered backgrounds over true 3D any day, but of course that comes with the requirement of fixed cam angles.

Last edited:

Machocruz

Arcane
THe thing with the camera angles in original RE2 is that you could walk into some rooms and trace out a path of how you would weave through the zombies, when you didn't want to expend ammo. I don't know how that's going to pan out in this kind of view where left hand peripheral vision (so to speak) is absent and you have a narrow field of view. I'm thinking and hoping that those shots of Leon placed in the middle of the screen I mentioned before are actually gameplay and what the game is like in wider spaces/rooms. The camera pulled out more, and thus more positional awareness.

SumDrunkGuy

Hoping they bring back Crimson Heads and the body burning mechanic from REmake. Crimson Heads were fuckin scary.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom