Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Resident Evil 4 VR

SumDrunkGuy

Weren't RE7 and Remake 2 returns to survival horror form, supposedly? Maybe they'll alternate between the two styles and the next game will be less popamole *fabulously optimistic*

Yes. RE5 & 6 were the only mainline RE games that were pure action. REmake 3 was mostly action but it still retained a tiny bit of the old formula in it's early sections.

Last edited by a moderator:

Machocruz

Arcane
Capcom seems very insecure with RE. They've been making action games for decades, you'd think they'd have confidence in maintaining one adventure/survival series, especially when survival games are more popular than they've ever been.

Mexi

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
The maggot RE4 fans are foaming at the mouth over this RE:VILLAGE shit. It's got explosive barrels you can shoot, lots of KOOL looking guns, knifing containers, etc. That's all RE needs to be by their standards!

You know, it's okay to like old school Resi and RE4 both, right? There's no reason to be a edgy faggot who clings to one or the other. That's childish behavior. That's what fat slobs resort to.
I would gladly like both the old Resi and the new ones, except the new ones killed the survival horror genre and games like the old ones are not getting made. So fuck these new games.
Although I still enjoyed some of the new ones, just for different reasons.
Uh, REmake: 2, dude. Been playing these games since forever, and I can say that REmake: 2 might be the best RE game ever. Close with the REmake: 1 game, though.

Mexi

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Capcom seems very insecure with RE. They've been making action games for decades, you'd think they'd have confidence in maintaining one adventure/survival series, especially when survival games are more popular than they've ever been.
Nah, they just don't want to be releasing the same shit over-and-over is how I see it. They innovate their franchise with a lot of success. I've not played it, but that VR RE is supposedly ridiculously good. Then RE: 4 is like their Skyrim.

When they fail, they fail pretty hard, though. Survivor series and RE: 5 were really fucking bad. Never played 6, but I heard it's shit.

fork

Look at this Garbage.

HqJnF2Q.png

9995D5B.png

V2Ax2BF.png

Never try to argue with people who like RE4.
They're beyond retarded.

Drakortha

Liturgist
The RE4 fans are the same ones shilling for this game by sharing the memes from Reddit and are Pre-Ordering this abomination. They are the ones to blame for this franchise being in the toilet. They don't care about RE. CRAPCOM have continued to pander to this crowd time and time again, and look where it's got us. This is rock bottom for RE. Just look at that gameplay. This is Resident Evil in 2021. I hope you enjoy that shit sandwich!

Last edited:

SumDrunkGuy

The RE4 fans are the same ones shilling for this game by sharing the memes from Reddit and are Pre-Ordering this abomination. They are the ones to blame for this franchise being in the toilet. They don't care about RE. CRAPCOM have continued to pander to this crowd time and time again, and look where it's got us. This is rock bottom for RE. Just look at that gameplay. This is Resident Evil in 2021. I hope you enjoy that shit sandwich!

Get a job you disgusting basement dweller. Fuck you.

Btw this retarded clown is copying my shit.

Ash

Arcane
RPG Codex General Gaming is now RECodex. There's like five active Resident Evil threads. Wtf dudes Resident Evil is (or was rather) a great series but there are many great vidja series. Hundreds. Please stop. Even among survival horror alone there's a great selection of games. Go play some System Shock 2, Call of Cthulhu: DCotE, Parasite Eve 2 or Darkwood you darn casuals...And make a thread so we can argue about something other than Resident Evil ffs.

Survival horror isn't even a thing. It's just a good branding marketing gimmick they came up with when selling the first Resident Evil game. They tried doing it again with Dino Crisis, calling it "panic horror," which sounds nowhere near as cool as: survival horror. Resident Evil is just an adventure game, it's a console adventure game with tank controls, and a puzzle element of it is whether you use ammo to remove a zombie or you try getting around him.

Resident Evil 2 in comparison is an action game. Levels become way more linear, ammo is vastly more plentiful, and weapons become more powerful. It's little surprise Kamiya's RE4 follow up was so action they turned in into a whole different (Devil May Cry) series. Nemesis becomes even more of an action games. Levels get even more linear than RE2, and a dodge button is added. Code: Veronica (which was originally meant to be RE3) is a return to the original game's adventure roots, but it's more linear and has more action than the original; it's also not seen as a main game despite being the direct follow up to RE2. RE4 just finally made the action element good for a change, while putting the puzzle element into the action. It's also the first time the game doesn't allow you to use the inventory as a safety zone to heal or reload a weapon without the danger of being hit.

I really don't get how anyone can get mad about RE4. If it was a jump from the first game to four I could get it, but there was seven years of Resident Evil action games with puzzles people were getting bored of before RE4.

Mexi

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Are you dumb? Franchise is experiencing quite the golden-age atm. RE 7 was a huge success as was REmake 2. I've not played RE 7, but I only hear great things about it.

Drakortha

Liturgist
They had to ditch the tank controls and fixed camera angles to appeal to people who's brains were just not quite high functioning enough to adjust to it. Now since RE4, it's been an action shooter from the 1st or 3rd person perspective. RE is now more dumb than ever, and you people call it a golden age.

Every release in this current format is a betrayal to the fans of the REAL Resident Evil. The people in this thread, on Reddit, etc, are disgusting SIMPS.

Ash

Arcane
Resident Evil is just an adventure game.

Lol no. Anything can be rebranded as an adventure game if you try hard enough, and my god some of you faggots sure do go for it. Nice try though.

Are you dumb? Franchise is experiencing quite the golden-age atm. RE 7 was a huge success as was REmake 2. I've not played RE 7, but I only hear great things about it.

You're the dumb one. Golden age my ass. Just because the games are no longer RE6-tier shit doesn't mean they're 1-4 old school gold standard.

RE7 and RE2 Remale are "good for what it is" at best.

Drakortha

Liturgist
More proof that the RE franchise is in the toilet. For the 25th Anniversary, we are now seeing a cross-over with The Division 2, another dead franchise. RE wishes it could cross-over with Fortnite but RE is just too much of a failure to eat at the adults table.

zKYoWuq.jpg

Lol no. Anything can be rebranded as an adventure game if you try hard enough, and my god some of you faggots sure do go for it. Nice try though.

You're the dumb one. Golden age my ass. Just because the games are no longer RE6-tier shit doesn't mean they're 1-4 old school gold standard.

No, it's literally just an adventure game without point-and-click controls and on a console. It kind of makes the whole downfall of PC adventure games a little ironic given at that exact same moment one of the biggest games around was Resident Evil, and Silent Hill, and even Clock Tower. Maybe they should have got into the horror themed adventure games game when the getting was good.

If Capcom hadn't come up with new marketing buzzword branding for the game people would've just called it an Adventure game like they did Alone in the Dark; Clock Tower; and I Have No Mouth, and I Must Scream before it.

Ash

Arcane
if you have any of the following: frequent combat, skill-based gameplay (movement, aiming) it's no longer an adventure game. Like I said, you can stretch this definition to anything. It's like saying Fallout is literally an adventure game just with RPG elements and combat. to some extent yes, but that is precisely what makes it an RPG and distinct from adventure games...of course. Basically by your logic 90% of games are adventure games.

All things are well and just: Alone in the Dark is considered a Survival Horror these days as it should be, not an adventure game :smug:

Mexi

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck

Sorry if you're too retarded to want a series to improve. REmake: 2 pretty much improved on everything. You have to be an utter jackass to want to go back to tank controls because you are a hipster fuck that is contrary to anything getting mainstream attention for being great.

Ash

Arcane
Sorry if you're too retarded to want a series to improve. REmake: 2 pretty much improved on everything. You have to be an utter jackass to want to go back to tank controls because you are a hipster fuck that is contrary to anything getting mainstream attention for being great.

Hoy fuck codex general gaming is full of shit-eating decline faggots.

I don't give a fuck about tank controls you dumbass, I give a shit about

-Removal of a thought-provoking, fear-evoking classic soundtrack in favor of ambient noise because modern game dev that is so fucking cucked it is scared it may not appeal to all and so adds ambient noise instead. But oh wait all along they could have had the original, superior soundtrack but wanted to milk the retards of course so they make it DLC, because they know they can get away with it.
-Cut content (Marshalling Yard, various enemy types, various weapons, Scenario A/B differences, linear Umbrella lab instead of 4 floors).
-Less batshit retarded storytelling (the original is more intelligent and believable than the stupid going ons of RE2R, not surprised the casuals here did not notice).
-The Shoehorned-in RE7 lazy retarded GUI as opposed to the thematically fitting attache case GUI.
-The finer details which I won't go into because I'd be wasting my time once more.
-Far inferior horror design (the result of lesser consequences for death, shit sound design, inferior immersive design, shit soundtrack and more).

Such "improvements" and progress. Gamers are thick enablers. I'm not even much a fan of Resident Evil 2, it's my least favorite of the initial 4 games...sigh.

Last edited:

Mexi

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck

Hoy fuck codex general gaming is full of shit-eating decline faggots.

I don't give a fuck about tank controls you dumbass, I give a shit about

-Removal of a thought-provoking, fear-evoking classic soundtrack in favor of ambient noise because modern game dev that is so fucking cucked it is scared it may not appeal to all and so adds ambient noise instead. But all along they could have had the original, superior soundtrack but wanted to milk the retards of course, because they know they can get away with it.
-Cut content (Marshalling Yard, various enemy types, various weapons, Scenario A/B differences, linear Umbrella lab instead of 4 floors).
-Less batshit retarded storytelling (the original is more intelligent and believable than the stupid going ons of RE2R, not surprised the casuals here did not notice).
-The Shoehorned-in RE7 retarded GUI as opposed to the thematically fitting cache GUI.
-The finer details which I won't go into because I'd be wasting my time once more.
-Far inferior horror design (the result of lesser consequences for death, shit sound design, inferior immersive design, shit soundtrack and more).

Such "improvements" and progress. Gamers are thick enablers. I'm not even much a fan of Resident Evil 2, it's my least favorite of the initial 4 games...sigh.
"Wah, I'm a hipster retard"

Get a life you fucking cretin. Stop pretending. We both know it's a great game. No need to be a retarded, edgy faggot anymore for Cuckdex, hipster points.

Ash

Arcane
It's a 7.5/10 overall, your standards are just low. I don't need to change, you need to get better taste. the gameplay is slightly better than the original, going from like 7/10 gameplay to 8/10, big fucking deal. Much progress. Ruin everything else in the process.

Last edited:

Drakortha

Liturgist
CRAPCOM have done nothing to improve this franchise. All they've done is catered and pandered to the RE4 fanbase time and time again with their 3rd person action shooting galleries and they are about to come full circle with RE4: REMAKE. The RE4 fans are foaming at the mouth in excitement, as always.

It's very sad that you think 3rd person shooting gameplay is an improvement, and anything other than that is for hipsters. You don't know anything about Survival Horror, or what makes a good horror game for that matter. You probably think RE4:VILLAGE will be scary with it's cringey jumpscares. Try playing something like Little Nightmares. Everything CRAPCOM makes is mainstream action JUNK by comparison to what even a small indie developer can do.

Machocruz

Arcane
if you have any of the following: frequent combat, skill-based gameplay (movement, aiming) it's no longer an adventure game.
:
So Action-Adventure it is!

Anyway, what passes for "survival" in these games in light of Project Zomboid, Cataclysm, Neo Scavenger, The Forest, etc. is laughable and retrograde. Maybe always has been when you had games like Oregon Trail and proper rogue-likes where permadeath gives the idea of surviving some kid of weight. But making just another arcade popper with occasional baby "puzzles"is not innovation or evolution.

Last edited:

Mexi

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
CRAPCOM have done nothing to improve this franchise. All they've done is catered and pandered to the RE4 fanbase time and time again with their 3rd person action shooting galleries and they are about to come full circle with RE4: REMAKE. The RE4 fans are foaming at the mouth in excitement, as always.

It's very sad that you think 3rd person shooting gameplay is an improvement, and anything other than that is for hipsters. You don't know anything about Survival Horror, or what makes a good horror game for that matter. You probably think RE4:VILLAGE will be scary with it's cringey jumpscares. Try playing something like Little Nightmares. Everything CRAPCOM makes is mainstream action JUNK by comparison to what even a small indie developer can do.
FML, you guys are idiots.

RE: 7, again which I've not played, looks in no way shape or form anything resembling RE4. On top of that people say that the PS4 VR exclusive is probably the GoAT VR game released. Again, you guys just want the same fucking game to be released every year. REmake: 2 felt nothing, absolutely nothing like RE4 where Ganados dropped ammo and was more actiony and shit.

Capcom has been absolutely brilliant with the series. There were shit games, but IDK what long-runner franchise doesn't have a shit game somewhere in there, especially with how much Capcom experiments with the series.

This is the point in time where you idiots are just fundamentally, objectively wrong. It's insanely retarded to think otherwise.

Ash

Arcane

Yes quote the low-hanging fruit and don't address my arguments. RERemake2 is objectively decline in nearly every way. Combat is mechanically better, Ada's tits and tight asian ass have more polygons, that's about it. (hyperbole, there's a little more than that in the gameplay minutiae but I feel like being an "edgy hipster").

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom