Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Resident Evil Village - now featuring giant vampire MILFs

Zlaja

Arcane
Idk what's your problem with Ethan. He's basically a typical blank slate character for players to slot themselves into. Who even cares about characters in Resident Evil games?

Well, that's the thing. I don't want blank slate characters in my RE game. They aren't RPGs. Also, I hated RE7 as a whole so that influences my opinion as well.

Adon

Arcane
Characters like Chris are worn out because they never progress them past the point where they've always been. Chris loses his teammates a bunch of times, but only RE6 makes him into a crippling alcoholic. Leon and Ada in RE2 have a whole song and dance that carries into the other games, and it stays there the entire time. Now they could do something interesting with Jill after being brainwashed by Wesker, but I doubt they will at this rate.

Because of this I don't mind if they introduce new characters, and would rather advocate for them to do it in lieu of older characters save for a handful of exceptions. RE6 was a mess, but Sherry was a welcomed :incline: return as was Barry and Claire in Revelations 2.

sullynathan

Arcane
I couldn't care less
I don't think that's true

JDR13, sullynathan, TheHeroOfTime:

You fucking imbeciles, what exactly do you disagree with in my post? Do you actually deny that RE7 is more linear than RE1, REmake or RE2, has terrible enemy-design and a second half that's beyond retarded? That REmake3 is a fucking disgrace compared to the original RE3? That REmake2 is just barely acceptable only because the original RE2 was a masterpiece and that it doesn't reach the quality of the original in the slightest? Resident Evil Zero and Code Veronica are way better than any of the last three releases (7, REmake2 and REmake3).

Holy fucking shit you guys are so retarded that I'm tempted to put you on my ignore list. I don't think I'ver ever read a monocled opinion form any of you losers.

Deflowerer

Arcane
This was originally supposed to be Revelations 3, so maybe that explains why you have Ethan instead of some older protagonist. Revelations 2 / Resident Evil 8 spoiler:
It definitely makes sense that Natalia / Alex Wesker will be in it as a continuation of Revelations 2. I assume the woman reading that tale in the beginning of the trailer is indeed Natalia / Alex Wesker.

Gerrard

Arcane
The way they made your top of the academy police officer MC move like a fucking geriatric (in an attempt to replace the shit controls of the original I guess) ruined that game.

Ash

Arcane
"VIIIAGE"

WOW I am amazed at their creativity and talent. The marketing team are geniuses. This makes me want to play the game even despite believing RE to be in a state of consistent decline for a long time now.

Edit: SullyNathan I am being sarcastic you dummy.

Perkel

Arcane
"VIIIAGE"

WOW I am amazed at their creativity and talent. The marketing team are geniuses. This makes me want to play the game even despite believing RE to be in a state of consistent decline for a long time now.

Edit: SullyNathan I am being sarcastic you dummy.

Qj4Vf5A_d.webp

That trailer looks like this will also have Limbo like platforming and puzzle section with the way that story she's telling goes for into a more 2D side scrolling view as it goes on. It reminds me of that anyways, but who know, there could be combat or something there too if that is actually something you'll play...and it looks like it could be.

Perkel

Arcane
That trailer looks like this will also have Limbo like platforming and puzzle section with the way that story she's telling goes for into a more 2D side scrolling view as it goes on. It reminds me of that anyways, but who know, there could be combat or something there too if that is actually something you'll play...and it looks like it could be.

No way.

I mean, just look at that story section that's done in a different style again. I'm thinking that's actually going to be a playable part of the game. And it's going into a side scrolling view right before it cuts off. The style of it makes me think of stuff like LIMBO and Little Nightmares, but that's just a guess. If it is playable it could be like Clock Tower on the SNES for all I know. But it definitely looks like that's more than just a cutscene we'll be watching.

Last edited:

Perkel

Arcane
I mean, just look at that story section that's done in a different style again. I'm thinking that's actually going to be a playable part of the game. And it's going into a side scrolling view right before it cuts off. The style of it makes me think of stuff like LIMBO and Little Nightmares, but that's just a guess. If it is playable it could be like Clock Tower on the NES for all I know. But it definitely looks like that's more than just a cutscene we'll be watching.

No way.

RE to be in a state of consistent decline for a long time now.

Are you saying RE6 was better than RE7 and RE2 Remake? Those might not be masterpieces but I sure as shit would rate them as "incline" compared to 5 and especially 6.

Wunderbar

Arcane
I mean, just look at that story section that's done in a different style again. I'm thinking that's actually going to be a playable part of the game. And it's going into a side scrolling view right before it cuts off. The style of it makes me think of stuff like LIMBO and Little Nightmares, but that's just a guess. If it is playable it could be like Clock Tower on the SNES for all I know. But it definitely looks like that's more than just a cutscene we'll be watching.
it's going to be a narrated intro video.

Ash

Arcane
RE to be in a state of consistent decline for a long time now.

Are you saying RE6 was better than RE7 and RE2 Remake? Those might not be masterpieces but I sure as shit would rate them as "incline" compared to 5 and especially 6.

No. RE6 is complete trash. REmake2 and RE7 were indeed better.

5 has merit as a local coop game, however.

They're all worse than the classics (1-4).

Kitchen Utensil

Hmm, you know, I wonder if the reason why this and 7 are in first person is because they can't fit the third person camera in properly.
What do you mean?
That a 3rd person camera angle would frequently screw up on the closer quarters.

That's why you use the one distinguishing feature that made RE great in the first place: fixed cam angles.

Oh look, it's the Demon's Souls remake.

They're all worse than the classics (1-4).

I don't get why you of all people would count RE4 as a classic. It's utter shit and has nothing to do with RE.

Last edited by a moderator:

JDR13

Arcane
The environment reminds me of RE4. Not sure what's up with the Tim Burton cartoon storytime, but hopefully it's really short.

Kainan

Learned
Looks kind of generic.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom