Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Resident Evil Village - now featuring giant vampire MILFs

Wunderbar

Arcane
https://www.relyonhorror.com/latest-news/resident-evil-8-village-2-hour-presentation-announced/

Tokyo Games Show 2020 will be an online-only event held from September 23-27th. The schedule notes a “Capcom Special Event” on September 25th, though, according to gamefront.de, the Resident Evil 8 Village presentation will be held at 2 pm CEST (5 am PST) on September 27th. The broadcast will be available at tgs.cesa.or.jp and asia.capcom.com.

2 hours long. 30 min gameplay.

:shredder:
now that was a very substantial video. So much of the new stuff was shown i almost felt like they've revealed the whole game.

Wunderbar

Arcane
Hackers stole 1TB of Capcom data and just leaked a bunch of stuff as a teaser.

Stuff that was leaked:
- RE Village details (Current-gen release, April launch, Demo before release)
- New multiplayer Resident Evil title, internal name is Project Highway/Village Online. It's a Battle Royale of some sort.
- Ace Attorney Collection
- New Switch exclusive IP under the codename "GUILLOTINE"
- Monster Hunter Rise on PC
- Resident Evil 4 remake is going to be made for VR
- New multiplayer shooter titled "SHIELD", geared towards streamers
- DMC2 and Umbrella chronicles source code
- RE8 VR is going to be exclusive to Sony again.

Wunderbar

Arcane
So after putting zero effort into RE3 Remake and making some shitty multiplayer spinoff no one asked for, Capcom are now making RE battle royale.

:deadtroll:

RIP Capcom renaissance, welcome back Crapcom.

Wunderbar

Arcane
The fact that VR is even an option means it's going to be a first-person game, i.e. it will be drastically different from original RE4. Which is a good thing I guess.

JDR13

Arcane
Depends how they pull it off. It'll have to be significantly different for sure. They can't just make it first-person without drastically changing the encounters among other things.

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
DMC2 source code?
Does that mean they're planning a reimagined version of that game?

The fact that VR is even an option means it's going to be a first-person game, i.e. it will be drastically different from original RE4. Which is a good thing I guess.

:nocountryforshitposters:

Wunderbar

Arcane
DMC2 source code?
Does that mean they're planning a reimagined version of that game?
that doesn't mean anything. Capcom had DMC2 source code, and it was stolen.

:nocountryforshitposters:
well, it's better than RE3R-style "reimagining" that pales in comparison to original. The only way for RE4 remake to be good is to become a drastically new game.

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
that doesn't mean anything. Capcom had DMC2 source code, and it was stolen.

Well it means that now DMC2 can be openned up to modding
Provided the leakers release the code...

well, it's better than RE3R-style "reimagining" that pales in comparison to original. The only way for RE4 remake to be good is to become a drastically new game.

Agree on the 1st part, but on the 2nd...
REmake 4 could be good if they give it the REmake treatment - i.e. leave the game as it is and just update the grapichs, maybe perhaps tweak 1/2 gameplay elements...

EDIT:
Best thing would be to not do a Remake at all and just pay this guy to include his work on a "remastered" version.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
REmake 4 could be good if they give it the REmake treatment - i.e. leave the game as it is and just update the grapichs, maybe perhaps tweak 1/2 gameplay elements...

The first remake also expanded the story without making too many drastic changes. Definitely a textbook example of how a remake should be done.

Perkel

Arcane
Yeah, every RE game has some degree of campiness to it. The only thing I really disliked about RE4 was the weapon merchant.

The funny part is that fans are raging about Anderson RE movies where those movies are less goofy than games, saying those are not really "RE" movies. I am like. Nigga did you even play one game before saying that ? Does mutated zombie with rocket launcher and minigun hunting some small town cop makes sense to you ?

Biscotti

Arbiter
Patron
I heard rumblings of Capcom going woke, related to that leak I assume

2020-11-17-09-40.png

https://nichegamer.com/2020/11/16/c...tically-correct-business-strategies-and-more/

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
Resident Evil 8 spoilers ahead:

(Probably not much a spoiler when you think about it in the context of how RE7 played out and certain mechanics in the game, but anyway they found the following information in the animatics folder's file names)

There are animation files with the title of "Secondary_after_Ethan" and "Ethan_death_Primary"

Combine that with the fact that there have been leaks from playtesters that there is
a completely new female character you control in a portion of the game
and it seems like that could be it for ole
Ethan

https://www.reddit.com/r/GamingLeak...om_leak_archive_78_preview_re8_spoilers_re_4/

Kinda weird if it all shakes out like it seems it will.
I get that they want to have character deaths to up the stakes, and at the same time they can't kill Chris, but it just seems like a waste to kill Ethan off since 1) it won't really matter to most players so it's not really going to be an effective use, and 2) i was growing to like Ethan. Just seems like a waste. Also the female character that was playtested is apparently completely new, it's not Mia or anything.

EDIT: Oh also RE 4 remake is definitely happening, though that's hardly news now I guess. RE 4 remake seems like diminishing returns to me, it already played like a "modern" game.

SumDrunkGuy

A first person RE4make would be blasphemous. That game revolutionized third person shooters. Making it a FPS would be spitting in the face of all that is good and decent. If Crapcom does this I will disown them entirely and never look back.

Riskbreaker

Apparently, Village is a live-service game, complete with battle passes and weapon skins :negative:

5r9fYlT.png

K0i6Rmd.png
Eh, all this appears to be related to its MP portion so I can't say it's something to be worried about overmuch.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom