Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Resident Evil Village - now featuring giant vampire MILFs

Belegarsson

Think about hairy dwarfs all the time ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
RZAefz1.png

Jenkem

その目、だれの目?
Patron
Vatnik
Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I helped put crap in Monomyth
I'm glad RE:Verse and Resistance are separate apps, every single player PC game that has a large multiplayer component should do the same. You either finish the single player and want to play multiplayer and have to keep the single player shit installed, or you have no interest in MP and have to have it take up extra gigs of space for a single player game.

Why would anyone be against this?

Sultan

Novice
Patron
Pathfinder: Kingmaker
I'm glad RE:Verse and Resistance are separate apps, every single player PC game that has a large multiplayer component should do the same. You either finish the single player and want to play multiplayer and have to keep the single player shit installed, or you have no interest in MP and have to have it take up extra gigs of space for a single player game.

Why would anyone be against this?

It’s great because I can completely ignore that garbage and just play Village without the two being tethered together. I agree that every game should do this.

SumDrunkGuy

I would be hyped for this game but evidently Sony doesn't want me to purchase their console so whatever. Stupid japs.

Dramart

Learned
The game look like crap it's going to be shitty you're supposed to feel scared not excited. This franchise should be buried in the center of the planet and rotten after the fourth and fifth games both mediocre more bad than good. It's a game for fartbrain people.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Sorry in advance for the dumb question, but what genre of game is this? Interactive movie with *exciting cover shooter action*? Myst-like adventure game? First person shooter with scripted sequences where you press F to continue? What exactly is this, what is the goal of it? What is the ratio of puzzles vs fps combat?

Last edited:

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Sorry in advance for the dumb question, but what genre of game is this? Interactive movie with *exciting cover shooter action*? Myst-like adventure game? First person shooter with scripted sequences where you press F to continue? What exactly is this, what is the goal of it? What is the ratio of puzzles vs fps combat?
Did you play RE7? Despite the perspective change, it was straight up survival horror in the best RE tradition. Run from the bad guys, hoard ammo, survive set piece boss fights, collect statuettes of zodiac symbols, spend a lot of time on edge waiting for the next monster to jump out, open silly secret doors by touching paintings in the correct order, breathe a sigh of relief when you make it to a typewriter room. Good stuff. Hopefully RE8 will be more of the same.

SumDrunkGuy

I'm surprised the SJWs haven't pressured Capcom into transforming her into a fat disgusting dyke. The critics will certainly cringe and curse when they see an attractive lady with cleavage in their game. Freaks.

JDR13

Arcane
The game look like crap it's going to be shitty you're supposed to feel scared not excited. This franchise should be buried in the center of the planet and rotten after the fourth and fifth games both mediocre more bad than good. It's a game for fartbrain people.

Get off mommy's computer before she gets home, and get back in your room.

SumDrunkGuy

The game is coming out on everything but the Switch.

Interedasting. It's a cross-gen game though which means it will most likely be unplayable on the PS4. I guess I'll wait and see what the shill reviews say. I'm always ready for a new Resident Evil, though. It's the only AAA franchise I give a fuck about anymore.

I don't know why it would be unplayable on current gen systems. It's the exact same engine the new RE games since 7 have run one, it's the same one DMC5 runs on, and it's the same one that Switch Monster Hunter game runs on. I'm sure it won't look as good on the older stuff, but I doubt it'll have problems running. From the leaks a while back it also sounded like this started as a game for the previous generation of consoles.

Citizen

Stop whining and post more vampire boobs

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Did you play RE7?
I haven't played a single RE game. I've always been put off by zombie scenarios.
You're missing out and your misgiving doesn't even fully apply. While some of the RE games feature zombie scenarios, that's not what the series is really about. It's more about crazy infections and bioweapon experiments transforming people (and animals) into all kinds of crazy creatures. RE7 doesn't have a single zombie or zombie-like monster in it.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
I'm surprised the SJWs haven't pressured Capcom into transforming her into a fat disgusting dyke. The critics will certainly cringe and curse when they see an attractive lady with cleavage in their game. Freaks.

Devs have stumbled onto One Weird Trick to avoid criticism with regard to sexy characters: make them visibly older. Insecure young women and their pet orbiters are not threatened by 40+ year olds.

Ash

Arcane
Did you play RE7? Despite the perspective change, it was straight up survival horror in the best RE tradition. Run from the bad guys, hoard ammo, survive set piece boss fights, collect statuettes of zodiac symbols, spend a lot of time on edge waiting for the next monster to jump out, open silly secret doors by touching paintings in the correct order, breathe a sigh of relief when you make it to a typewriter room. Good stuff. Hopefully RE8 will be more of the same.

Meh

RE7 was:

1. Piss easy which is antithetical to survival & horror. I don't recall dying at all until the second boss.
2. Often about playing hide and seek with simplistic AI and basic rules rather than resource management and combat. Resident Evil is not supposed to be a simplistic stealth game.
3. Too much annoying cinematic scripting (the modern constantly taking control away kind) and railroading.
4. Uninspired and lazy. Feels like Resident Evil 1 lite. Nothing interesting is ever going on in terms of plot development, gameplay and visual storytelling, or anything of the sort. There isn't many enemy types or threatening AI. The GUI is some lazy ass shit.
5. Not in the slightest bit scary.

Yes, it is still more a return to the classic style and less declined than RE6, but I swear when people speak of RE7 it's like they played a different game.

Once again I will point people to Darkwood if they want the one and only worthwhile modern survival horror that I'm aware of. It's got it all. Here's the Codex thread: https://rpgcodex.net/forums/threads/darkwood-survival-horror.81189/page-6

Last edited:

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Devs have stumbled onto One Weird Trick to avoid criticism with regard to sexy characters: make them visibly older. Insecure young women and their pet orbiters are not threatened by 40+ year olds.
"Nothing has changed. All is as it was written. Beware of the dawn of the Milf Age."

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom