Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Resident Evil Village - now featuring giant vampire MILFs

vortex

Fabulous Optimist
How about this. Duke was supposed to be 5th lord created by mother Miranda who become even stronger than her and rebelled against her. Only that storyline was dropped. No one knows what his true form was.

Last edited:

Zlaja

Arcane
our equivalent to Gamestop allows console game returns within the first 7 days

Wow, that's retarded on their part. It's like they hate money or something. Why would you ever keep/buy a popamole console game with this system?

The worst thing in this game, IMO, is the inventory:

- It has too much space, even without upgrade.

- You get inventory upgrade too early through the Duke's store, instead of exploration. Too easy to get with a few treasures and some spare changes from dead enemies.

- Crafting items don't take up space. In RE2R I often find myself passing up gunpowder or herb, memorize their position, then come back for them later when I need them. Never had to do that in Village. You constantly have a stream of resources readily available and that just lowers any kind of tension and decision making in this game

This is truly disgusting. Inventory management is a core mechanic in RE games, and if you fuck this aspect up you've basically ruined the game.

Fuck this decline! Bring on Revelations 3!

Biscotti

Arbiter
Patron
While I don't think the game is outright bad, it's not particularly excellent either. Which is why I'm so surprised by how common of an opinion it appears to be that this is genuinely one of the best RE games ever made.
I am actually baffled by this, in the truest sense of the word. I just don't see what this game offers that would lead anyone to come to that conclusion.

Wunderbar

Arcane
Which is why I'm so surprised by how common of an opinion it appears to be that this is genuinely one of the best RE games ever made.
as usual, codex is the only place where i've seen some genuine criticism towards this game, everywhere else people are acting like Daedalos in heat.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Which is why I'm so surprised by how common of an opinion it appears to be that this is genuinely one of the best RE games ever made.
as usual, codex is the only place where i've seen some genuine criticism towards this game, everywhere else people are acting like Daedalos in heat.

One of my normie friends told me he thought RE7 was a much better game which sort of surprised me.

He's very much part of the action camp, so I was expecting him to prefer RE8.

Luka-boy

Arcane
How about this. Duke was supposed to be 5th lord created by mother Miranda who become even stronger than her and rebelled against her. Only that storyline was dropped. No one knows what his true form was.
8256.jpg

vota DC

Augur
So, what will RE9 be called?

RESIDENT EVIL: CRUCIFIXION

RESIDENT EVIL: DOMINATRIX
It would be interesting.
Now that I think about the poor policemen died at the beginning of Re4 killed by people with pitchfork. So Re8 Village should feature armies of Village People dressed as policemen.

Ezekiel

Arcane
I don't even go to other gaming sites anymore, so I have no idea what the consensus elsewhere is. I did watch one YouTube video, which was kind of mixed in praise and criticism. I might play this later, but I have no strong desire to.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
I don't even go to other gaming sites anymore, so I have no idea what the consensus elsewhere is. I did watch one YouTube video, which was kind of mixed in praise and criticism. I might play this later, but I have no strong desire to.

I don't think it's as clear cut as people are suggesting. It seems to be quite a controversial game if you go by reviews and videos.

Most of the Steam positive reviews aren't pure praise either. Places like the RE subreddit are full of mixed praise as well.

I get the impression people are rating this as a sort of 7 or 8 out of 10 game overall.

Edit: Wunderbar, talk to some normies about the game. Read some Steam or metacritic user reviews. They aren't all as positive as is being made out here.

Last edited:

Wunderbar

Arcane
Shallow video made by a guy who has barely any knowledge about videogames. I may as well just read a steam review.

Ezekiel

Arcane
Shallow video made by a guy who has barely any knowledge about videogames. I may as well just read a steam review.

I think he barely has any knowledge about movies. He always picks out the really popular, known ones (For views, I know.) and references the popular, known ones. Then he has the gall to title them "The Drinker Recommends..." Why would anyone need to recommend Blade Runner at this point? Even if you aren't interested in ever watching it, you've read, watched and heard plenty of recommendations in your life. I don't have a problem with him making a Blade Runner video, but the title sucks. Makes it sound as if his recommendation is the one to finally bring someone over. Same with "The Drinker Recommends" Fight Club, Predator, Jaws and a number of others. That title is fitting for obscurer movies.

Last edited:
Blade Runner isn't all that big of a movie. It's a cult movie, it bombed at the box office, and wasn't particularly well know outside of people really into movies and comic books until maybe pretty recently. It's kind of why it was shocking it got such a big budget sequel a few years ago, because it's still a pretty niche film. Although it was becoming more well known when they greenlit that sequel (or at least it looked that way if you looked at people talking about it online) than it was at probably any other point in time. That sequel ended up underperforming too, although it was seen by more people in the theatre than the original.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom