Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Resident Evil Village - now featuring giant vampire MILFs

Perkel

Arcane
Finished castle + that psycho chick. Decided to drop it. After Caste whole game just slows down to crawl and loses its charm.

toughasnails

I think that the game is fine with some caveats. I approached it like horror FPS with oldschool horror aesthetics. Something like a modern sequel to Undying, you can even squint at the structure as something like Undying's where you had the mansion as the central hub and different thematic areas for different adversaries, so here you have the central hub and the areas of various "lords". It's that sort of mixture of combat, exploration, upgrades in environments taking out of classic horror flicks or later films that tried to emulate those aesthetics (like Copola's Dracula or later Van Helsing), fighting the enemies that fit with that theme. As such it is fun, it's NOT Undying 2, the writing is atrocious, but it is fun enough, looks nice, runs nice and high fidelity FPSs with these aesthetics aren't exactly common.

Perkel

Arcane
Well at lest game looks super nice. Castle interiors with HDR enabled really do come lifelike. I mean the ones who were photoscanned, because dungeons look gamy.

Ash

Arcane
Village is a new low for the franchise, fucking imbeciles.

?? There are shitload of worse RE games. Just not mainline ones. It is definiely better than 5th or 6th

Better than 5 unlikely. Pretty well-served as a coop game. Sucks as a Resident Evil game and as a singleplayer game playing with AI partner drags it down massively, but it is definitively competent as a coop game. Don't have much bad to say about the gameplay at all. Guns are all well implemented. Enemies are all well implemented. Level design is mostly good. Inventory, shop + economy is all well thought out. Perhaps a few bosses could be better and less gimmicky, and the QTE cutscenes, well there's actually not very many at all (less than RE4). Couple of nice puzzle elements even if simple. And that's the game in brief summary. Everything that is there just works and works well (gameplay). Can't say it's too easy, economy is unbalanced, inventory is meaningless, too linear, too automated...stood out to me as a shit-encrusted gem in the deep decline age of 2009, as long as it is taken for what it is: coop action game. If one were to criticize it as a story, resident evil game, horror experience or singleplayer game, it would be not very good in all those contexts and that's a shame since Resident Evil is better than that. For sure gets my thumbs up as a coop game though, excels at that. All the ones after excel at absolutely nothing.

ADL

Prophet
Forgot about the game a day or two after I played it. How anyone could consider this "game of the year" is beyond me.
Castle Dimistrescu was the best part of it and that was the first two hours of the game. All went downhill from there.

Machocruz

Arcane
Its'a GoTY the same way DA:I was...

Overwhelmingly Positive review rating on STEM too. Probably all within the first couple weeks, people caught up in the afterglow and hope of something. Probably some meme ratings in there too because of chesticles.

Deflowerer

Arcane
Only area I didn't like much was Moreau, other three were great. I think the overall style they went for (19th century horror) was really cool.

Max Damage

Savant
Bought this at 50% discount, I want my money and time back. Whole game feels more like long movie with some interactivity here and there, puzzles are braindead, enemies are bullet sponges, then you get to Factory of Spongiest Sponges. This is just RE7 but worse, and RE7 wasn't even that good to begin with :decline:

Curratum

RE7 was terrible. Village at least it looks like it has some semblance of resource management and some fun shooting here and there.

Max Damage

Savant
I found Village gives you much more stuff (ammo + Duke + craftables), but also enemies take more hits to down. I found neither one makes you conserve much as long as you aim decently. Knife is worse, but I basically unbound it because you don't have to use it anyway.

Curratum

I found Village gives you much more stuff (ammo + Duke + craftables), but also enemies take more hits to down. I found neither one makes you conserve much as long as you aim decently. Knife is worse, but I basically unbound it because you don't have to use it anyway.

I mean, that sounds pretty declined, but any game which has more than the one fucking type of enemy that RE7 has is better by default.

SumDrunkGuy

Generic-Giant-Spider Netflix show won't feature Jill Valentine at all.

Best news I seen all day (yes I know old post) but FUCKING GOOD!

Also bunch of filthy edgelords in here. This and RE7, while not classic Resi Evil, are head and shoulders above all the other AAA garbage. Fuckin nerds, I tell ya.

Last edited by a moderator:

Baron Dupek

Arcane

Resident Evil Village - now featuring giant playable vampire MILFs

new update for VII, 2 and 3 increases requirements (dx12, GF 960gtx) and you can't play them on Win7 and 8.1 with the update
Junkrunners with Win7/8.1 will get some nasty surprise when update drops - can't play the game you bought. Digital gaming iz da future

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom